Old 03-25-2006, 09:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/184/150

Question New to LAWL and forum HELP!!

Hello!

I'm not sure if I know what I am doing. This and LAWL. It took me about 30 min to figure out how to post something. I've read a lot of threads about LAWL. I just started it about 7 weeks ago. I guess I'm doing okay. I thought it would a major loss but I did not gain it over night so I guess I can't lose it over night. I gained 2 pounds during the first 2 Take-off days. Go figure? What are all the color plans (red, blue, etc.). I don't think I'm on one of those. I don't do the lites becaue of IBS which has recently turned from loose to none. I have to drink that herbal tea or I will gain from lack of movements. Is this all normal? I eat 2P, 2S, 4V, 3Fr, 1D, adn 1F. It doesn't seem like much and my weight it coming off slower than I had hoped based of the commericals. The cost was a lot more than I expected. $600 I guess since I could not eat the lites they stuck it too me. I don't do any of the pill stuff either. Should I? The money keeps me motivated. I want half of that back when I lose it all. My goal date was July 15. Soryy this is long I just have so many questions. Thanks to all that reply.
cmoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 09:12 PM   #2  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

First off...welcome!!!! Second, in no time at all this forum and your plan will become second nature to you...honest!

As far as your weight loss...14 pounds in 7 weeks! You're doing great! Give yourself a pat on the back for all your hard work.

The plan that you are on is the color of your booklet that the center gave you...purple, maybe?
You're eating less which will cause your movements to be less...this is very normal with alot of us. I take flax oil capsules or EFA's (essential fatty acids) which you can buy just about anywhere...they really help me.
The cost of the plan is high but well worth it.

Now, you need to just relax, enjoy reading the threads and getting to know all the wonderful chicks on here! They will become your closest friends and biggest support system.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 09:23 PM   #3  

Thanks for your quick reply. I looked and my book is purple. I never knew there was a diffrence. How long have you been on the plan? Any tips?
Old 03-25-2006, 10:12 PM   #4  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Hey cmoody:

Here you will found the support that you need and day by day you will find more and more info that is gonna help you a lot. 14 lbs. in 7 weeks is very good.I think you are in the purple plan.I am on the purple plan too but with lites. I do the pills and I like them a lot.Girl, take it day by day.
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:59 AM   #5  

I have been on the plan since the end of August, but I kinda slacked off when I hit the 150's back in Nov. My counselor finally told me that I obvioiusly became "comfortable" with where I was at, and although I have every right to be happy about what I lost, I needed to decide if that is where I wanted to stay or continue on to reach my goal weight. So I kicked things back into gear and I'm losing again. I also did this plan and lost 20 pounds to reach my goal weight about 4 years ago...before I had my beautiful baby girl who just turned 2 on St. Patrick's Day.

As far as tips...try to plan your day ahead of time. That works for me. Sour ice breakers help when I want a "free" snack. Coffee and tea help me feel full. Make short-term goals for yourself rather than looking at the long-term goal as being so far away. Make this a lifestyle change, not a diet. It really becomes easier to make the right choices as you begin to see and feel a change in your body.

By the way, you can do this plan and be very successful without the lites or any of the supplements. But I would suggest "Barlean's Flax Oil capsules" which you can buy on-line for a decent price...I take 3 with dinner every day....and maybe a multi-vitamin. Other than that, you don't need anything else.

Hope this helps!...Oh, and my last tip is to stick close to this forum because these ladies will become your lifeline to success!!!
Old 03-26-2006, 09:12 AM   #6  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Welcome. You will find lots of great information around her--I sure have. Check out all the threads where you can finds answers, recipes, support--everything! Your loss sounds completely normal--2 lbs per week is perfect for longterm loss. In addition to the EFA or flaxseed oil and multi-vitamin you may want to throw in some calcium since you only get the one dairy. I am on gold with lites (which is where I assume you would be if you were doing the lites) the purple is just a little more food to make up the difference. You will see lots of reference to book color and each color has slightly different food amounts based on weight, exercise, etc. Hope this helps--keep asking questions--someone around here will surely know the answer or have some advice to share. Good Luck
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 09:28 AM   #7  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

S/C/G: 262/182/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmom
But I would suggest "Barlean's Flax Oil capsules" which you can buy on-line for a decent price...I take 3 with dinner every day
I started taking flax oil capsules cause you said they helped you and they seem to be helping me.I take two in eve with my other pill and vitamin. The bottle says 1 before each meal(so that would be 3)but I thought you said you took 2 at once so thats what I have been doing.So should I take 3 instead of 2??
angelica1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 10:28 AM   #8  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi, and welcome! I, too, have IBS, and do not do the bars. I totally agree with the other girls, EFA's have saved my life. I buy mine from the center, though. They are $20.00 a bottle, but they do a better job for me than other brands I have tried. I take 2 in the morning and 2 at night. I would also suggest bumping up your herbal tea to a caffinated tea in the morning. I think that I would go through a painful "dry spell" if I did not get my morning coffee or tea in, because the caffine helps to stimulate my digestive tract. Lastly, be sure that you are getting all of your water in every day, and your 1 one little fat. These all play big factors too. Good luck, and ask away, these chickies know all there is to know about LAWL!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 01:59 PM   #9  

Angelica,
You can actually take whatever works for you...3 seems to work best for me, but if 2 works for you, that's fine. I figure by the directions, you can have up to 9/day which is alot!
Old 03-26-2006, 07:12 PM   #10  

I read where someone does the take-off part of the program every 2 weeks. Is that a good idea?
Old 03-26-2006, 07:14 PM   #11  

You could, but I don't. I find that TO really helps me with my cravings and to get me back on track. As far a weight loss, it helps, but then I tend to stall the next few days with my weight loss...so I don't know if it really helps me or not.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:28 PM   #12  

Is there somewhere to view LAWL food diaries on this site? I would like to get an idea of what others eat. I find myself eating the same stuff.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:40 PM   #13  
on LAWL

It's on page 2 of all the threads, called "March 2006 Journal Entries"
Old 03-26-2006, 07:46 PM   #14  

Thanks but I need a little more help. I clicked on the journals tab at the top then I got lost. I see where people have posted things but no LAWL diaries.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:53 PM   #15  
on LAWL

oops--we'll try again. It's still in the LA Weightloss section. (Not at the top of the page, it's not a tab--it's just like the Friends and Losers link) If you go to the bottom of this page and click "go" it takes you to all the LAWL threads, the March Journals are on the 2nd page, about 3/4 down. If you click on that you will be able to scroll through and see people's daily dairy. Hope this helps. I, too, tend to eat the same things so I totally understand.