Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 03-22-2006, 05:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/201/150

Default Hello, I'm new

Hello all, I head about this website over at nutrisystem forum. I started 1 week ago, and I lost 9 lbs. Long way to go yet , but that really gave me some hope that this will work. Staying on it pretty faithfully, I do have a problem with drinking all the water. Is that really important, I feel like I am going to float away. Anyway, glad this is here, hopefully you all will give me the support I need to stay motivated.
vikki50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 07:55 PM   #2  
Deb

Vikki!!! Glad you are joining us in our journey to loss weight and a healthier way to eat. I've been on NS since 1/28 and have lost 15 lbs. Sure I would love to have lost more; but I feel that losing it this way is the best way. And I'm learning healthier habits everyday. Good luck!!!!

Deb
DebDixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:11 AM   #3  
Buggin' with Pugs

Great start Vikki!!! I too have only been on it for like 9 days and dropped 8lbs my first week. I am hopeful that this will work too. I am finding that learning to eat is small quantities can really make you full once your body is used to that. I was a 2 meal a day girl and had large meals at that. I thought that just ommiting sodas a snacks would do it, but I would maybe lose 2-3 pounds, but a Big Mac later would take care of that. I got to admit the first couple of days I was hungry and my stomach was fighting it, but after the first 3-4 days that receded some and now I have no hunger in between unless I don't eat a full meal.

Ask us anything, we've coverd alot here even the 'potty' issues

Welcome to the Nutrichicks!!!!! and keep up the excellent work!
RubensMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 10:32 AM   #4  

Thank you, I am going to need all the help I can get. LOL
I couldn't help myself, I stepped on the scales today, and had gained 2 lbs back. What is that all about? I haven't cheated at all. This can be so frustrating
Old 03-23-2006, 01:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/166/135

Welcome Vikki

Congrats on the first week... that's amazing. My first week I lost 7lbs... I was blown away. Keep it up & you'll see it melt off.
wickedgrl_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:55 PM   #6  
Buggin' with Pugs

Oh Vikki down't be discouraged on this...let me copy/paste my comment on this very subject from the other thread...I too had this issue and I am sure I will another day. I emailed by counselor about this very thing today too and she told me that we have to keep in mind we are also eating complex proteins too and this can fluctuate our weight over the first month as our body adjusts to the building up of muscle while burnign the fat. She recommended weighing every 2 weeks. I personally am going to take her advise.

I too quickly learned 2 very important things today....
1. DO NOT weight yourself every day.
--- I could not help it and I could have easily been very disappointed in myself. I saw a 1.5 pound increase today. Now, I must convice myself that I am not taking into account the serious walking I am doing now (3-4 miles a day) and building muscle, which weighs more that my 'bubble wrap', and the other realization that takes me to #2...

2. Either always weigh in the sames clothes or naked. Monday I was nude when I weighed. Today I am in pants and a shirt. I stripped and the 1.5 magically disappeared. Oh and weigh at the same time of day as previous. Morning weigh ins are typically less than the evening.

Ladies please scream, yell and scold me for setting a trap for myself in even attempting to weight everyday. Threaten me with creative bombs of reproof!

I know I am excited, but this is part of the vicious cycle I set up for myself that has me reverting to giving up and going to Dairy Queen. I must stop this!!!
RubensMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:11 PM   #7  

I will try and not weigh in everyday, it is very hard, as I just want to see the scale go down to keep me motivated! But I will say that this isn't that hard, the food is actually pretty good. I have gotten used to the small portions, and am not feeling hungry anymore. Now I need to start walking. I hate to exercise, but I know it will speed things up. I really want to look good by July 4th weekend. I want to wear a real swimsuit. Not an old lady one. LOL SOOOOOO will keep on doing this. Just 51 more lbs to go!!

I imagine I will be here alot getting advice. I am so glad that you are all here, Thanks!!!!!!