South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 03:07 AM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Talking First Hump Day of Spring!

Yay!!! I feel back 'for real' when I can post in the daily.

Ruthie, it feels like spring to me when I hear about you working at the greenhouse. There's a yellow crocus up in my yard...it's the only one and it hasn't opened up its bud to the sun yet, but it makes me feel so hopeful and happy!

I'm healing, but unable to really be up and at 'em yet. I'm off the crutches, but that seems to mean that it's easier to 'overdo' it. Unfortunately, the pain is much worse now...and I'm trying to manage it with Tylenol, which doesn't work too well... My foot is swollen, so I need to try to put it up more often...(which means I need to sit down more often. )

I'm taking a Wilton Cake decorating class...still trying to figure out how to make SF decorator's frosting. Any ideas, chickies? What I'm going to do for next week is to make SBD-safe cupcakes (I'll modify a yellow cake recipe), use a Splenda Cream Cheese frosting to frost them, then use regular sugar frosting to decorate. If I eat one, I'll just scrape off the decorations and eat the rest. The frosting is not only made with a pound of powdered sugar, but it's also made with a cup of Crisco! Can you just see Dr. A fainting? The class is tons of fun, though...I'm going with a crafty girlfriend of mine and we're having a blast.

Phase 1 chickies...take it easy, okay? It's normal to feel tired during P1...so drink lots of water, eat good carbs (beans, chickpeas, bell peppers, tomatoes, etc.), and rest!

Have a great day, chickies...may it be warm and springlike wherever you are!
Old 03-22-2006, 05:46 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Early good morning, Chickies.

Beachgal, ouch! I am so sorry you are in pain - healing thoughts on their way. The cake decorating classes sound like fun. I had forgotten that commercial icing is made with Crisco instead of butter.

I'm a bit sore this morning, not from working in the greenhouse but from lugging wood. My neighbour split a big pile for me yesterday morning when I was working and I decided to haul it indoors myself rather than accept his offer. I said I needed the exercise which was true. My arms and shouders are complaining a bit today.

Hershey goes for her fur-styling this morning and will lose her shaggy bear look. I will give her extra cuddles before she goes. It will take Holly several hours to do her but Hershey stands patiently on the grooming table. Lucy is not as good - she just wants to play. Still a puppy at 4 1/2!

I go to my first physio at 12:30 and will I get some knee-strengthening exercises. I've left it a bit late but I need to be in shape for gardening.

A hot tub is waiting. I'll be back afterwards with some coffee!
Old 03-22-2006, 05:58 AM   #3  
Pirate

Morning ladies!

Yeah, I deffinetly underatand what you mean by "tired in Phase I." I went to bed at 8:30pm last night. But, it's only day 4 and I want to make it the whole two weeks.. then I can move on to maybe a sandwhich for lunch, . I wonder what a lot of people add into Phase II when they hit it. I heard Sourdough bread was the best bread. Fruit might be too much sugar to start with, but I have no experience with Phase II, I never made it there before.. Any pointers? hehe.

Anyway, I am off to work. Have a great day chicks!
Old 03-22-2006, 06:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Beachgal ~ It's nice to be hearing from you! I'm so sorry that you're in so much pain, I hope your foot heals quickly! Your cake decorating class sounds like a lot of fun, just remember to stay away from licking the spoon!

Ruth ~ So Hershey and Lucy lose their winter coats today, Spring must be on it's way! Don't overdo it at physio, you don't want to reinjure that knee!

Geekchick ~ When I started Phase 2, I added just one grain a day, either a cereal or a bread, and one piece of fruit a day, usually an apple. I look for breads with the highest fiber content per serving, such as Arnold's Carb Control WW Bread. For me, if I eat more than 1 grain a day, my weight stalls. You're looking like you're going to make it to Phase 2 this time -

Uhoh, time got away from me, and I have to go now if I want to make it to Curves! See you later!
Old 03-22-2006, 06:47 AM   #5  

Mornin' all. Happy hump day! I know that I'm going to have short-timers syndrome for the next 3 days because I'm on vacation next week!

Time to head to Curves. I've got a 1/2 day training class this morning, so I need to take some extra with me.

Beachgal - Hope you heal up quickly. Take it easy on that foot!!!! That cake decorating class sounds fun. I admire your effort to make it SB friendly. I think I'd probably just go face down into a whole bowlful of buttercream frosting!

Ruthie - I love your dog stories. Last night I spent some extra cuddle time with my Sheltie, who turned 11 yesterday.

Geekchic - I know it's pretty common on p1 to be draggy for a few days and then your energy will just take off! Everyone reacts a little differently though. Great job staying OP!!! I personally haven't tried sourdough bread on p2, just WW.

Cottage - Have a great workout!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-22-2006, 07:04 AM   #6  

Morning Morning Morning!!!!! It's gonna be a GREAT Day all!!!!
No posts fer me yesterday.. I was feeling pretty sick .. I don't know what from I'm STRONG like BULL(*) but whatever bug I had is gone today! and I'm back to being Sister Mary Sunshine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course I'm on my third cup of cawfee...which helps

Ruth: NO work fer you today!! You rest!!! My two furbabies look like Ewoks . I usually cut them down end of April. Me and DH do it ourselves.. Perhaps one of these days I'll take them to a doggie spa.

BG: So glad you are healin up! cake/cookies are my biggest weakness (ok, add nuts, chocolate, candy etc to that list ) ... don't know how you can make that stuff .. You have strong

Geekchic:
I have one ph2 carb a day.. So, it might be a Sourdough English Muffin one day. An apple the next, a 1/2 sweet potato the next.. I try to plan for that one carb ..

Jana: for Vacays! Are you going anywhere, or enjoying yer nest?

Cottage and Jana.... I'm off to Curves this morning tooo.... !!!!

DH has off today so we are going to take in a movie.. I think V for Vendetta... will pop in later !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-22-2006, 07:46 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie! It snowed a tiny bit last night BUT spring really is coming. There are huge skeins of geese flying over! They're going North too. It really pi$$es me off when they start flying south in the Spring!
Old 03-22-2006, 07:50 AM   #8  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

The sun shining & I'm up earlier then usual these past couple of days.Losing weight[1/2 lb ]per day,being back to my regular routine and beaching and I love it.

Going to set up my DH treatments schedule tomorrow,and than the fun will start. But until than Today is going to be for me, I know I sound selfish,but I need some space.

Beachgal-Sorry to hear about your foot.I was so hung up with my & dh problems,I didn't know. Sending healing :vibes your way.

Ruth-That wonderful way to spent the time in your greenhouse.UGHHHH!! that your arms are sore. Your furbaby sound like charactors,a mind of there own. My DD cat is 9 yo and he still thinks hes a kitty.

Geek-No Sour Dough Bread is not the best bread to buy. Its made of white flour. The best bread is High Fiber whole wheat or whole grain. Thats what I was told on the MAIN SOUTH BEACH WEB SITE.

Cottage- Have fun a curves. Wish I could start a gym program,but I won't be able to do this yet.

Schatzi-Sorry you weren't feeling well.Maybe your were a little tired and worn down. That will do it. Don't go overboard at curves this morning. You don't want a relapse.

Have a great day Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 03-22-2006 at 07:55 AM.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:51 AM   #9  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good morning, chickies! Well, day 3 on P1...except the first day I didn't do so good, so really like day 2. I think today will be hot cereal for b'fast, soup for lunch, and spanish "rice" for dinner. Today is my all day teaching day. First real day back from spring break and I already hate it. I'm just burnt out and ready to be done. Almost there though, at least I have to keep telling myself that.

beachgal: hope you heal up soon. stay off it and take it easy for now.

ruth: at least you got some exercise yesterday. it must feel good...in a painful sort of way . So, is Lucky pregnant for sure?

geekchick: I wouldn't start with sourdough. It has a lower GI index but most of it is refined flour. Start with a very high fiber bread, I'd go for 5 g per slice and a low GI fruit like apples or berries. good luck.

cottage: hi, have fun at curves

janam: hope the rest of hte week flies by for you. I just got off vacation and wish I was back on it .

schatzi: glad to hear you're feeling better. we need our sunshiny schatzi around all the time!
Old 03-22-2006, 07:54 AM   #10  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hi beachbum, I missed your post. I think some you time is a great idea. You deserve it after everything you've been through. Have a great day.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:56 AM   #11  
Lovin' Life!

Good Morning!

I was a very BAD girl yesterday. It started after lunch and ran thru the evening. I feel sick today but I guess that's a good thing. I won't be doing that again anytime soon! I never did P1, only P2 but I think I'll do P1, even for just a few days to get myself back on track.

Beachgal Glad to hear you're healing...sorry you're in pain though! Very cool about the cake class.

Hi Ruth, Greek, Cottage! WTG on getting to Curves Cottage, Shatzi and Jana! Glad you're feeling better today Shatzi...enjoy your movie.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:58 AM   #12  
Lovin' Life!

beach bum...good idea on taking today for yourself. Enjoy!

Hi Pear...have a great day!
Old 03-22-2006, 08:04 AM   #13  
Pirate

I learned today that Cottage Cheese and I will never be friends. I bought these little "1 serving" cups (like yogurt) and I brought one into work today for breakfast with some V8 (which I love). I think it might be the texture that throws me, I am not a fan of it in its natural glory.. Maybe this weekend I will try using it in some of the breakfast recipies though, because I know it's healthy for me.. Just.. man, I wish I had something else for breakfast now becuase I could only get through half the container! But, I'm not that hungry (which is amazing for me to say), so I think I'll be fine after my snack and then my lunch (I think I'll grab some tuna salad mixed with mayo and cellery from the lunchroom and save my salad for class tonight.)

You ladies make Curves sound pretty neat, I've never been but I might check it out based on the chatter I hear about it here.

Schatzi- "V" is amazing, I hope you like it! I'm a huge comic book/manga fan and while it's really very different from its inked roots, it's still really, really well done.

Hope you all have a good rest of the day!
Old 03-22-2006, 08:21 AM   #14  
Swivel Queen Wannabe

S/C/G: 229/206/120

Height: 5'1

Good Morning Everyone. Hope you don't mind me jumping in. I'm on day 5 of P1 and feeling pretty good.

Beachgal - your cake decorating class sounds like so much fun. I'm a huge foodie and love to cook. I have always wanted to take a decorating or pastry class. One of these days...

Geekchicalways - The last time I tried SB I quit after starting P2 because I quit losing weight. I'm pretty sure it was because I added too many carbs, too quickly. This time I'm going to take Schatzi's advice and just add back 1carb a day for the first couple of weeks and see how that goes before I add in anymore.

Nice to "meet" all of you!

Lori
Old 03-22-2006, 08:38 AM   #15  

Yesterday's menu:
B: 2 eggs, 1/4 cup ff cheese, 2 slices turkey bacon, coffee
S: string cheese
L: 3/4 cup lima beans, 1.5 cups burrito soup. bb brownie, diet rite
S: sf Jell-O
D: salad with goat cheese, 4 stalks asparagus, string cheese, bb brownie
S: sf fudge pop 1/2 cucumber

I was in a foul mood yesterday...I couldn't bring myself to get on the treadmill last night or this morning...I could barely bring myself to practice guitar, which I love! So I went to sleep. This morning was weigh-in, and I've lost 3.5 pounds! Yay! Which is encouraging me to stay on phase one as long as I can. Also because I have a lot of food related crap coming up and I'd like to allow myself to have a little something that isn't OP. Like Sunday I'm going to my havurah, which is a potluck. I'm bringing matzo ball soup, and I'd like to have one matzo ball. Tuesday I'm going to my friend's candidate's something (he's a campaign manager) at a pub and I'd like to have a little bit of bar food. 3 weeks from now is Passover, which, funny enough, is pretty much SBD phase one, so I'll be good. Except for the matzo which made me laugh when I saw it on the list as having a high GI rating. I know I've seen whole wheat matzo, I'll just buy that. Anyway, with these fattening things coming up, I think it's best to stay on phase one or 1.5 so I can have a little spluge on those days. Obviously not a binge, just a little treat. :-)
Closed Thread