Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 09:59 PM   #1  

Default Eph200 [merged]

I saw this pill in the paper and I was wondering if anyone tried it. It is 100% natural. I really want to order it and try it but I want to get all the information I can on it first, so if anyone knows ANYTHING please let me know. Thank you!!
Old 03-06-2006, 12:37 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetLady66
I saw this pill in the paper and I was wondering if anyone tried it. It is 100% natural. I really want to order it and try it but I want to get all the information I can on it first, so if anyone knows ANYTHING please let me know. Thank you!!

"100% natural" does not equate to safe or effective.

Please read this post (written by an RN)before ordering this product.

Anyway...I've done some research and the ingredients in this pill are the same as all the other pills - same old same old stuff - green tea, chromium, "hoodia" (faux hoodia - as our sticky on Hoodia says, the chance of there being actual african hoodia gordonii in this is about as remote as seeing a flock of passenger pigeons flying overhead ), garcinia, a bunch of caffeine, willow bark (same as aspirin basically) and so on and so on.

BTW, I live in the SF area, and have never heard of the company selling this stuff, which is purportedly in SF (or at least has a SF mailing address...which turns out to be a Mailboxes Etc.)

I also can't resist adding that the interview on the site selling this crap sounds TOTALLY FAKE - not to mention that the 'before' photo is Photoshopped, and not even very well done - obviously they just cut 'n' pasted her skinny head onto an enormous body!
Old 03-11-2006, 12:49 PM   #3  

Thumbs up eph and another paper weight loss pill

I have read about eph200 in the star and my friend said it has been awesome for about only two weeks now. She lost 9 pounds. I have another pill I am asking about. It is called "Thinstant" and it claims that you only take a pill every 5 days and you loose 6 pounds every 5 days. So after 25 days and only 5 pills you have lost 30 pounds. has anyone ever heard of it. We saw it in Globe Magazine but it does not have a website and it has a po box out of las vegas. The pills is supposedly manufactured in Italy. Please tell me if anyone has tried it and if it works.
Old 03-11-2006, 01:05 PM   #4  
Meg

to 3FC! We're glad you found us here!

About the Thinstant pill you asked about - I've never heard of it and don't know of anyone here at 3FC who uses it. There's one important thing that I want to share with you about diet pills - they don't work.

I'm the moderator for the Maintainers Forum here, which is a group of 3FC members who have lost weight - and more importantly - kept it off. Periodically we survey our maintainers to ask how they lost the weight and no one has ever successfully lost weight and kept it off with diet pills. And we have over 40,000 registered members!

Diet pills may work in the short run, but if you want permanent, long-lasting results, it's just as simple as eating less and moving more. Poke around in the various groups here and ask lots of questions - you'll find all the help that you need for lifetime weight loss and maintenance.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:36 PM   #5  
resident lactivist

Quote:
"100% natural" does not equate to safe or effective.
I think this bears repeating.

Hemlock is 100% natural. Belladonna is 100% natural. Arsenic, mercury, and lead are all 100% natural. No one would reasonably suggest any of those are healthy.

We really need to let go of the theory that "all natural" equals safe/healthy.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:58 PM   #6  

Height: 5'8.5"

Thanks Meg... you just backed up what I also firmly believe! Diet pills are not the answer... eating right and exercising is. The ads for ALL the diet "magic pills" say combined with a sensible eating and exercise plan... like LOL right if you do THAT you don't need the pills LOL
Old 03-16-2006, 09:48 AM   #7  

I just saw an add last night for EPH200....it makes sence in the add that u need to speed up your metabolism and thats the only reason why i was considering ordering the pill. After seeing your postings all your comments make sense. I'm just wondering if EPH200 or any pill for that matter can speed up your metabolism
Old 03-16-2006, 10:00 AM   #8  

The best way to speed up your metabolism is to build some muscle!
Old 03-16-2006, 01:55 PM   #9  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I think Meg puts it the best, there are a lot of people who have lost a lot of weight and maintained it. None of them have lost it through using a diet pill. As far as boosting metabolism, there are short term means to do this and long term means to do this. The long term is in fact lifting weights to build muscle which burns more fat. The short term way is to do cardio exercise which burns fat during and after the exercise.

There are small insignificant ways to temporarily raise your metabolism as well, that includes drinking caffeine and eating spicy foods. Those are usually the methods used in any diet pill that you find. It is cheaper to eat some salsa But those really don't have a significant effect on your metabolism and are very short term, shorter than cardio exercise.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:17 PM   #10  

I would certainly check out the EPH200 VERY closely before you take it... I am guessing it contains Ephedra (or Ma Huang) which I heard has recently been allowed back on the market. Yah it speeds up your metabolism, all right... if it doesn't kill you first or destroy your health. Note I am not saying EPH200 has it; just a guess and suggest you make sure.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:31 PM   #11  

hi everybody!
i've ordered eph200 today and i was surfying the net to search informations about.
probably it will not the best bargain of my life but i'll give a try
one thing surprised me:"The pills is supposedly manufactured in Italy".
i'm italian and i live in italy, and from the advert i've seen on a newspaper these pills come from switzerland...
or at least, it's wath i supposed after reading...
Old 03-20-2006, 03:49 PM   #12  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I actually tried looking up eph200, i can't find any ingredients information on it. Anyway, the diet industry preys on people who think "its only 30 dollars" for diet pills that work no better than aspirin would. I think meg posted something somewhere about Oprah (richest woman in the world) that said if there was a diet pill that worked, she would have it. She would spend all her money to get it. I like that because we can spend our money on hopes and dreams of a diet pill but really there is no magic pill.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:48 AM   #13  

Nelie, I had the same experience.... the sites "talk all around" what is actually IN it but don't say... at least none that I have seen.

Interesting though... if you google for it not only does the 3FC thread come up but the last post shows up and who it was by.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:22 PM   #14  
Empress/Queen

To add to the chorus: the only thing these silly diet pills are going to make thinner is your wallet.

Exercise, eat a healthy diet and take in less calories than you expend. If you want to take a "pill," take a simple vitamin to help fill any nutritional gaps.

There is NO MAGIC PILL!
Old 03-22-2006, 04:35 PM   #15  

Default I bought it

Well, I'm another one of the ones who gave in and bought this- I know there's no miracle drugs and nothing will work on its own- but I do think that things like this can help a bit (even if its just mentally).

Well I FINALLY received the shipment- even though I ordered it weeks ago. So far- honestly- no side effects. I was really sensitive to ephedra- and there's no side effect with this (except for a funny taste in my mouth?).

So today is only the second day of taking this- so I'll post updates (especially if it doesn't work- I don't want anyone else to get ripped off!). One note though- only the second day- and I do feel like it helps suppress my appetite and I feel full alot faster than normal.
Closed Thread