View Poll Results: What is your most commonly used form of exercise?
Walking 7 41.18%
Jogging 3 17.65%
Pilates, Yoga, etc. 0 0%
Lifting weights 1 5.88%
Aerobics 1 5.88%
A combo of whatever burns calories 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2001, 09:37 AM   #1  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Default It's Tuesday Come out and Play!!!!

Hello Ladies! How did everybody's Monday go???? I did well. Woohoo back on the band wagon. I worked out and everything!!! I was excited that I actually had a successful day b/c lets face it, it's been a while for me

Well I just wanted to get the thread rolling. Where is everybody? There are so many people missing are you guys out there?

On the poll I chose a combo b/c I am always wanting to try new things but generally I am an aerobics girl.

Everyone have a great day. It looks like it is 8 pm here and it is actually 9:30 am. What a rainy day we are having and it is like 45 degrees. These are the bestdays to veg out at home and watch movies. I need to stop dreaming
Lets do some postin' girls

Becky
Old 10-16-2001, 10:45 AM   #2  
Eve's Mom

Default Howdy Ho Neighbours

Really, KT and Rina are my only neighbours...! .

Well, lots has happened since I wrote last, and to sum: went to HR with workplace misconduct issues. The problem was, I didnt' actually go there, someone else did for me adn it snowballed into a huge mess. and now I have to look for another job b/c I am not respected here even more than before. but you know what? These people don't deserve me! They are a bunch of neanderthals! So out I go, just as soon as I can get my hands on a new JOB. (keep yer fingers crossed!)

I missed WI again due to work, but this week I am going on Thursday b/c I am going to get my haircut on Friday at lunch. And no one and no work will stop me!! HA!

Okay, I have to go back and read the posts from yesterday now, so adios and I'll write later.

Belle
Old 10-16-2001, 10:53 AM   #3  

Default Hi!

I put jogging, but lately my thing has been spin class...i really like it...and I just came from a salsa dance class for the diabetic and hypertensive patients-designed to get them exersizing twice a week in a culturally compatible way(they are mostly hispanic) boy-was it fun! And I sweat a little bit! More later-Lori
Old 10-16-2001, 10:58 AM   #4  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Belle, I am WAY to detail oriented for that description of what happened so I will add my questions.

Were the guys reprimanded?
Were you asked to leave or is that your decision?
So are they mistreating you more now due to the report you made?
Ok that is all. I am so sorry that you are having to go through this crap. It is unbelievable to me that this stuff goes on. My professor for my social work program always says that women are still oppressed and sometimes I think he is a bit extreme but I guess in many ways we still are.

I have everythingcrossed that you will find another job.
What is your degree in? I forget

Well I am glad you posted I am a bit bored and have been checking to see if anyone was posting. I need to be doing paperwork but UHH I just don't know, I guess I am unmotivated. Surprise Surprise!
Old 10-16-2001, 11:02 AM   #5  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hi Lori, I guess we were posting at the same time. I have always wanted to salsa dance. What a great idea for your patients. Spinning is something I would like to do but my gym doesnt have it yet and I already ahve memberships at 2 places so I am refusing to join the gym that offers them b/c I figure mine will catch on soon enough. The midwest takes a moment to catch up
Old 10-16-2001, 11:55 AM   #6  
A Yankee in Virginia

Hi, all.

I'm a big ball of stress right now. My b/f was supposed to call me last night to tell me what the funeral arrangements are, but all he did was send a message on my pager that it's tomorrow morning. I can't get a hold of him, and I have to drive to his mom's house tonight. But I don't know what to do with my dogs! I don't have directions, I don't know anything!

Oh, and my so-called friends were supposed to be having a joint birthday celebration for me and a guy whose birthday is today. I thought this was going to be tomorrow night, but I just found out that it's tonight. So, apparently, nobody actually thought to consult with me about it, as in, what day I was available, which makes me think I was just tacked onto the whole thing because my birthday happens to be tomorrow. It's nice to know who your true friends are, isn't it?

This week has sucked so far and it's getting worse. Yesterday morning, when I did talk to my b/f, I tried to tell him not to worry about my birthday because I didn't want him to have any extra stress. I think he thought I was being shallow for even bringing it up at all.

What do I do?
Old 10-16-2001, 12:11 PM   #7  
Proud Canadian

Quiet day.

Hello. I actually managed to have an OP day yesterday - YAY - as soon as my mom gets back from the US Virgin Islands, We are going to do my measurements again because my pants are falling off which is fun, but can be embarassing. Mom and Dad flew off yesterday and had 3 cconnecting flights to get from Vancouver, BC to ST Thomas and I haven't heard from them so I hope they got there OK. My older sister is getting married there on Saturday and of course, the parents are the only ones willing to go into debt to be at the wedding. My little sis is getting married in August 2002 and it's going to be a huge production (150 Guests!!!) I hope my family isn't going to expect anything so grand from myself and B/F.
Belle - although it's horrible that you're going to lose your job out of this, it's a good thing that all is on records especially with HR. And you are right - you're worth so much more than that. And when looking for a new job, don't forget about all the cool Canadian on-line jobclubs like jobshark.ca, and monster.ca - we are all rooting for you.
Becky - it's really dark here today too, I probably won't see daylight after the time changes - I'm feeling bad for my horse.
Lori - I hear the spinning classes are very hard - way to go.

And for me, the poll didn't have my choice so I said anything that burns but of course, I ride horses for exercise and clean the stalls
Have a nice day all,
KT
Old 10-16-2001, 12:13 PM   #8  
Proud Canadian

Kim - we were posting at the same time. Don't worry about the BF right now, he's just thinking about other things. After the funeral he'll have a better chance to reflect and relax. And as for your birthday - we will have the biggest celebration ever right here on line!!!
RIGHT LADIES!!!
Old 10-16-2001, 12:20 PM   #9  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Kim- Wow you have good reasons to be a great big ball of stress. First of all with the mentioning of the b-day to your b/f; don't feel guilty. Something that I have learned that helps me is -only you know your intentions and if they were pure and you just wanted to let him know not to worry than dont stress about it. ONce you say something you cannot control how another individual will react to it. If he took it wrong that is not your fault and it is not something that you can change. Secondly don't even think about the fact that you may have been tacked into this b-day celebration thing b/c these are your friends and they probably feel bad about the b-day mix up however that is kind of annoying so I understand your feelings. Ithink that the advice someone gave yesterday was wonderful. Just let your b/f know that you are there for him and show him however possible and when he is ready to be vulnerable to you he will be. The fact that you are there for him is sweet and he will realize that.

Ok I know this is just advice from some girl on the daily thread but I wanted to add my 2 cents. You will be in my prayers and remember you can always vent here!!

Where is Tonya, Jen1, Jen 2, Ali, Kay, Kt, Kieri, etc etc etc. I know I have entirely much too much time on my hands today

Becky
Old 10-16-2001, 01:33 PM   #10  

Angry

Hi guys!

I am here, just really busy clearing things up at my desk! I have a few job duties to turn over to my assistant before I leave for vacation.

I will try to post a proper response this afternoon!
Old 10-16-2001, 01:55 PM   #11  
A Yankee in Virginia

Thanks, Becky and KT, and everyone. I finally heard from him, by the way. I'll leave from work tonight to drive to Virginia Beach. Since my mom is visiting me, she's going to go with me. It's about a 5-hour drive, but I won't get out of work until 7.

If there's anything interesting in this, the minister doing the funeral service, who's been his grandmother's minister for a long time, was the chaplain at the Army church my family went to when we lived in Germany ... 11 years ago. I was friends with the chaplain's sons. Brian and I didn't make the connection on this until about a year ago, when we were having a discussion on the first people we ever kissed. His was the chaplain's daughter, who I had met once! Isn't that odd? Remember, I didn't meet Brian until 5 years ago.

Well, I have to get some work done before I leave. (I also have to take my dogs to the kennel.) I'm writing about the local reaction to the anthrax scare ... and let me tell you, it's a funny feeling being part of the media right now. I don't think anyone would ever target Roanoke, Virginia, but we're still told to check our mail and all sorts of security precautions are being taken in the building.

So I'll see you all later.
Old 10-16-2001, 02:51 PM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hey just a quickie b/c its almost 8 here and i need to go study UGH
omg i'm so freaked about home and i just heard in an email from a friend of mine from rutgers that an envelope with white powder was sent to the food science building on Cooke (one of the colleges on my campus)
Belle want me to beat up those guys with a hurling stick? I might enjoy some randome violence this week
Kim just get thru the next few days i was thinking about u when i heard about those envelopes going to the media be careful
Horsey- wooo hooooo!!
Shoot the labs closing I'm going to post a recipe tommorrow and actually post if i can sneak it at work!
Love Kier
Old 10-16-2001, 02:52 PM   #13  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Yippee!! I'm back in action!

Wow! I've been without internet connections since Friday afternoon! It was wild! I got my new PC but nothing and I mean nothing! was installed on it!
But, I persisted and here I am! I'm doing a little better re: program. I made soup last night for dinner and although it wasn't the zero point soup, it is pretty low in points.
I really have to get back to work, but I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing.
Kim: You and your family and your boyfriend's family are in my prayers...your boyfriend, too. Be careful driving out there!!
Belle: You go girl! No one can treat you like crap!! I'm sending good job vibes to you. How about your old job? Would you ever consider going back? Just wondering.
Hi to everyone!! I have to get back to work now!
Old 10-16-2001, 03:48 PM   #14  

Wow, you miss a lot in a few hours around here.

Kim - I am glad that you heard from bf about the funeral. It will be nice to have your mom drive with you. Dont' worry about the bday comment, let it drop. Good luck at the funeral, we will be thinking about you.

Belle - Your workplace sucks and I am glad you are getting out!!!!! You haven't been very happy since you started. I am sorry that it came to this for you to leave but I am sure that you will be better off elsewhere. Good luck findin a way better job!

Stacey - Yay! Enjoy your new computer!

Tonya - You must be getting very excited for vacation!!!

Kierie - Good luck with the studying! I hope you are liking school so far.

KT - Congrats on styaing OP! I have been way off for 2 months at least! ARGH!

Lori - It is nice to find another form of exercise, variet definitely keep you interested!

The volleyabll game last night was great! DH's JV team played well but lost. Varsity is now 10-0 and beat the other best team in the distrct last night, it was awesome !!!! I think I am going to another game tonight since it is so close to home. I was going to try out my new gym but I think I will stick with the old one jsut so that I have time for the game.

I am so hungry right now! I guess I will have to make soem oatmeal for a snack since that is all I have. See you all tomorrow!!!

Sarah
Old 10-16-2001, 05:52 PM   #15  
Eve's Mom

Default Hello again

You are probably all gone home for the night, but just in case I'll write....its about 3:45 here, so only 45 min left for me!!

I did work today, but I also job searched...

So to answer your questions:
THey didnt' ask me to leave, but its a bit weird here now. I have 4 more months on my contract and I intend to spend much time finding a new job so I dont' have to work out the whole 4 months. I want comparable $ though, and not a contract, but beggars can't be choosers, right? Basically, my boss said that he isnt' sure if he can fit my career goals. But the mornign of this "incident" he told me he'd work it out b/c I am a diamond in the rough". Nice.... SO, I'll bet any $ I won't get renewed. But whatever, I don't want to stay here anyway, b/c I am very sad and stressed out.

Stacey, I am having lunch with my old boss next week - I doubt that she'll ask me if I am interested in workign again, but I'll fish around. The emotional stress would be eliviated since the admin personell moved out of the shelter last month. That would be a best case scenario though... .

Kim - sorry to hear all your stress! I will be thinking of you tomorrow on your bday as you attend a funeral....booh!!! Maybe b/f will make it up to you?? I have to say I am worried about you in general b/c these issues don't seem to be working out at all, in fact, maybe getting worse!?

Kier - thanks, bring out your stick and vent til your heart is content!!

Sarah - ah, volleyball season again...you watch I play (well, I suck, but I pretend to play!). YOu are right, I have been unhappy for sometime now!

ANyway, I better get going and finish my daily work and get the **** out!! Yee haw!!

BTW congrats to Tonya and I think it was KT who were the big losers this week (4 adn 3.6 lbs!). I have not been to WI in three weeks, but this is my big WI on Thursday (face the music and move on!)

Belle
Closed Thread