Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2001, 12:38 AM   #1  

Default LA Weight Loss #36

All of those pages of posts were make me dizzy! I thought I would start a new thread.

Marcie W-
I have no idea about the LA jello...my center does not carry it.
About your gain...dont forget clothes and time of day make a big difference at your weigh ins. I am sure you will be down next time!!!

I am in Augusta until Thursday am. I am still doing well at staying on plan. I had Subway today for dinner...it was yummy! I cant wait to get back to St. Louis and weigh in. I may even stop at the center on the way home from the airport! I think I am addicted to those silly scales!

I need to get to to bed so I can get up bright and early. I am working 10 days in a row....but I will get 4 days off when I get back. It will take me that long to catch up on housework....I am scared to see what my house looks like when I get back!!!

Take care all!
Old 10-13-2001, 11:52 AM   #2  

Unhappy

Hi everyone:
Jibbelle Glad you are doing so well. What did you have at Subway. I am getting bored with the same food.
Marcie I never heard of the jello either. But I do have two LA lites a day.
I am at the point where I need a kick in the pants, I am tired of this diet, I want something different. Only 21 Pounds to go but
I feel I could cheat big time. Things that I do not normally eat are catching my eye. I am even drinking to much diet soda just to stay away from things, don't mention the water I drink that also. I got weighed today up 1/4pound that did not bother me so much because I was down on my scale this morning.
But I told the councelor I was tired of diet and sometimes I do not want to here how well I am doing I only have 21 Pounds to go, how far I've come. She did not help me much. I guess I need to get over it and finish it my goal is important to me and I am starting to wear fun clothes. I just needed to vent a bit.
Thanks Diane
4/10/01 201
10/13/01 156
goal 135
Old 10-13-2001, 04:19 PM   #3  

Lorrie, I am glad that you are back! We missed you. Hope you get feeling better real soon! I did get a job and I love it!

Jibbelle, hope the rest of your trip goes well...keep up the good work!

Diane, I know that the diet gets old sometimes but is there any piece of clothing that you would just love to get into? Try that on and see how far you are away from wearing it..that always gets me motivated!

They have discontinued jello at my center so I must find something new that i like. The box says 7 servings, then it says serving size 1 cup, suggested serving size 1/4 cup. So I had been having 1/4 a cup 2 times a day and there was 4 1/4 cups in a packet. Anyway...they told me that i needed to eat 2 packets a day. Not sure if they just want me to buy more or b/c they really mean it. Who knows??? My center is really bad about being out only for the money. They told me that I had to buy more lites or I could not continue the program. She said you have been on the program for 10 weeks and only bought 5 weeks worth of lites and then i told her that I hadn't been on the plan in about 6 weeks b/c of the job situation. I am like I will buy the lites when I get rid of what i have at home! Went to the store today and stocked up on fruit and veggies!
Hope you all have a great weekend!!

marciew
Old 10-14-2001, 10:01 AM   #4  

Hi Girls...

How are things going?? Well, I was put on the purple plan. How many different type of plans are out there? Not feeling like I am eating enough though... Maybe it's just temporary, but once lunch hits I get the hungers... I have to weigh in on Monday - kind of nervous.... I think I'll make it to the gym today to make myself feel better... I bought one of those Diet Diary's at Barnes and Nobles today feel like it will give me a real life look at what I am eating besides the diary they gave me. The diary is more detailed...

Marcie - I think my center is the same way and that is exactly why I'm concerned about continuing this program. I am even considering getting another job to pay for it.

I guess I'll talk to you all soon...

Merri24
Old 10-15-2001, 07:04 PM   #5  

Hi everyone:

Weighed in today up again I kind of expected ii. I ate out yesterday. I hate when the councelors change I thought this one really liked the job. I knew she did not get along with the new manager but I thought she was going to stick out, Oh well. I am finding why bother asking there names they are not there long enough before the next person comes. I can't wait until I am finished. I am finding it easier during lunch to use the frozen dinners I hope I do not go up I'll try it for a week and see what happens. My weigh in was terrible today I waited almost twenty minutes and interupted her and said I have to leave. She weighed me before I left but I am not sure she even wrote it down, she was doing a new sign up I think she needs to worry about the clients that she does have also.
Merri I started on the Purple plan and then I went to the gold. I found in the begining, even now that weighing my food made it easier to make sure I was getting the right amount of food. I still have trouble with the vegetables I find them harder to measure.
Marcie thanks for the advice I am hanging in there, I like to use the stuff that I have at home also, why should you by more when it is sitting at home. I hope they do not give you to much trouble.
Hey Jibbelle are you home yet?
Diane

4/10/01 201
10/15/01 156.75
goal 135
Old 10-15-2001, 09:42 PM   #6  

Diane-
Sorry to hear that you are so frustrated with the plan. I have to agree that it gets boring after a while. I also tend to get frustrated more when I am on a plateau.

I plotted my weight loss on a MS Excel spreadsheet....with days on the plan on the x axis and weight on the y axis. I can definately see a trend of a week long plateau each month. It may help the rest of you to do this too. I dont get so frustrated when I bounce up and down for one week out of the month now. I know I will recover soon enough! The following week I usually lose more than I do the rest of the month.

When I go to Subway I usually have a 6 inch turkey on white (no cheese) with mustard, lettuce and tomato. I count it as 2 starches, 1 protein and 1 veggie. I sometimes get the roasted chicken breast. It has a little more fat, but I find it to be more filling.

I am leaving for home on Thursday morning. We seem to be making great progress here in Augusta. I was thinking we would leave a day early, but I dont think so anymore. I will just be happy to board that plane Thursday! I am going to the center as soon as I get home. My pants seem to be a bit loser...so I think I have been losing while I was here. Have to wait and see what the scales say though!

Merri-
There seems to be several plans. I am on the red plan until I get to 239, and then I switch to purple. I also switch to gold sometime after that.

Sorry for such a long post! I will try to be a little more brief next time. Take care all!
Old 10-17-2001, 07:26 PM   #7  

Hi Everyone:
Are we all hiding this week? I am having a tough week, having trouble sticking to the program, but tomarrow is a new day right.
I think I need to go back to basics and stop fooling around with these frozen dinners even though they are something different to eat I do not think they are satisfying me. I tried to make it easier at lunch time but I guess it is not working. So two days of expres here I come.
How is everyone else doing?
Diane
4/10/01 201
10/18/01 156.5
goal 135
Old 10-17-2001, 08:26 PM   #8  

Hey Ladies,

I'm back! Had a good time... not much rest! didn't stay OP, but don't think that I did too bad... will find out Mon or Tues... froze this week at center...

Sounds like everyone has done pretty well! Got in around 5 AM, napped about 4 hrs... fixing to go to bed early. Have wedding this weekend & hs reunion next... another wedding Thanksgiving.

Lorrie, I'm glad to hear that you have your surgery behind you. I hope that you are feelings lots better real soon!

Diane, sorry that you are having a rough time... but, look how far that you have come... good job... you can finish... just be patient & kind to yourself.

I really had planned to do better... but with more than 17 hrs on the bus each day (2 days) & 10 hrs... i think that i did pretty darn well... if i happen to be up a pound or two... i will just have to work a little harder...

Jibbelle... glad that your plans have worked for you... know that u willl be glad to get home.

Marcie, enjoy those fruits & veggies!

Merri, i'm on the purple plan too.

good luck to all of you... will chat more later... exhausted... take care,
nancy
Old 10-18-2001, 03:41 PM   #9  

Angry I'm back!

I just went to the center and weighed in after being gone for 11 days. I was down 3 lbs since I weighed in last. Not too bad!

I did fairly well at staying on the plan while I was gone. The only "no no" I had was a grape slush from Sonic. It was YUMMY! I missed some foods here and there, but for the most part I didnt eat things I was not supposed to eat. I am pretty pleased with how it turned out.

My center has a digital scale now....I am so glad they got rid of the "doctor's" scale. It was very dependent on where you stood, who was weighing you...this one seems to be much easier and more consistant.

Hope everyone is doing well....it seems to have been pretty quiet the last few days!
Old 10-18-2001, 06:25 PM   #10  

Hi Jibbelle and Nancy:
Glad you both are home safely. Jibbelle I am jealous you did well even while away good Job. I had a better day feel more balanced today. I wish my center would get a new scale the last time I weighed something came undone and they put it back together. I know how you feel about being weighed some moved down further and then when you went back the next person moved it up higher, sometimes I would tell them where I wanted it.
I don't weigh in until Saturday. I have 12 weeks left on my plan. I can't fool around anymore. i need to get it finished at this point. And you are right Jibbelle not much going on.
Diane
4/10/01 201
10/17/01 156.5
goal 135
Old 10-19-2001, 12:12 PM   #11  

I have no news to report this morning...but I just thought I would stop in and say hello.

How is the new job going Marcie?

How are you liking the plan so far Merri?

Diane...I know you can get to goal in the next 12 weeks!!! Good luck!!
Old 10-20-2001, 09:27 AM   #12  

Hey ladies!

I just went and weighed in...I am down another pound!!! I should hit the 25 lb mark on my next visit to the center. I am soooo excited!

How is everyone else doing?

Last edited by Jibbelle; 10-20-2001 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-20-2001, 11:43 AM   #13  

Hey guys! Sorry I have been away for a while...things have been so crazy here. My new job is wonderful. I haven't been sticking to the plan 100% and am mad at myself. I am just going to have to get it together! Jibbelle, congrats! You have done so well..keep up the good work!!!
Old 10-20-2001, 12:32 PM   #14  

Hi everyone:
Jibbelle you are really on a role good job!
Marcie getting back on track is hard but once you really set your mind to it, it won't seem as hard. How is the job going?
I weighed in today, did O.K. I am finding it at this point that I have had enough of going three times a week, I feel like I get the rush job each time I go. Probably also I don't like the councelor that much either she seems kind of phony to me, so I feel like I have a negative attitude when i see her. I just need to stay on track for myself.
Have a great weekend everyone.
Diane
4/10/01 201
10/20/01 154.25
goal 135
Old 10-20-2001, 01:18 PM   #15  

Diane-

Are you assigned a counselor or do you just get whoever happens to be there?

I agree that the three times a week thing is a bit excessive. I only go in two days a week now. I would really prefer to just go once a week...but I am not sure I would keep to the plan as well if I do that. For now I am sticking with two times/week.

Marcie-

I am glad you are enjoying your job. Good luck getting back into the swing of things! It is tough, but I know you can do it. Just think how great it would be to get in a bikini next summer!!!
Closed Thread