Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2001, 09:19 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default Return of the "Weekly Challenge" 10/15

Alright Who's in?

What goal do you want to work on this week?

Come and give and get the support!!!

I also thought we would incorporate how you are reaching your goal.

For example

My goal is to remain OP

I will include my food, water and w/o when I post my progress.
Old 10-14-2001, 07:35 PM   #2  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Talking

Oooh...Oooh...Oooh...pick me pick me!!!

I SO need to get back on track...done good today, I guess, if anything, I've underate, but I also haven't done much water....getting my usual change of seasons cold, and it's kicking my butt....must be why I couldn't stop eating yesterday....LOL, My body was stockpiling....

I guess rather than starting another thread for food and exercise, I can post mine here too...

OK, for today...

Breakfast: about 3/4 cup of oatmeal, no sugar, small amount of margarine.
couple swigs of koolaid, barely enough to notice...
Lunch: 1 slice buttered bread, and a half a pb&j sandwich...thin on the PB, makes my hiatial hernia hurt if I eat too much.
8 oz of water

Dinner: Spaghetti with garlic herb and spinach sauce... probably just leave it at that, with
extra sauce, cuz I loooooove my maters and spinach :-)
I'm gonna TRY to get in some extra water with dinner....probably do some stretching, and maybe some work with my light weights....just enough to keep myself going...then I'm going to bed early...try to sleep this off.
Old 10-14-2001, 07:35 PM   #3  

Smile

I'm new posting here, but I would like to be a part of this challenge. For now, i would like to exercise 5 times in the upcoming week.

Good luck to all!
Mary
Old 10-14-2001, 11:40 PM   #4  
gbo

Sugar, I would love to join the challenge! Being OP of course and water but I have had to drop the amount from 128 oz's to 100 due to hernia problems to much pressure. I have found I can go to 100 oz. without difficulty but that extra 28 oz. and my stomach is tore up and the hernia feels like it is tearing something and it burns too . So 100 oz. a day will have to do for now.
My challenge is to exercise as in an every other day structured series of exercises for at least 20 minutes a day aside from walking about the house. Increasing the time spent exercising gradually.

This is something I really need to get going on and I will give it my best starting Monday.
It has been so many years since I could do this that now that I
am stabilized physically I think I can begin. Don't worry I know I have to be careful and listen to the poor ol" bod but I will. A new day dawns just for me a new beginning is born.
Pam
Old 10-15-2001, 03:23 PM   #5  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I Like this!! Pat, your pretty cool!

I think that my challenge for the week will be water. Right now I do good if I can squeeze in 66 oz (2 bottles), so let's add one more and go for 99 oz.

MamaBigButt - I LooooVE your name. Too cute!!
Old 10-15-2001, 03:49 PM   #6  

Wooohooo for Pat! What would we do without you girlie???

Had a great OP week last week and plan on doing the same this week. Thank you thank you..

My OP week goals consit of staying on my food program "lite carbs", lots of water and exercise.
Old 10-16-2001, 05:06 AM   #7  
Work in Progress

I will be OP , I will be OP, I will be OP!!!

Monday
b-1c of Kashi and skim milk

l- Meatballs(4sm), 1 I-turkey sausage link, 1/3 c spaggetti, 1 inch Italian bread, tossed salad, I peice of cherry pie

d- 4 piecesof venison w/ peppers and oniions, cut up cheese, cucumbers w/ lo cal dip, melba toast.

10 glasses of water

w/o-
30 mins treadmil
13 mins bike(8 mins interval training)
5 mins fat burning on stairmaster
Old 10-16-2001, 09:07 AM   #8  

*singing*

lalallaalalalal I FEEL GOOD!

heehee One awseome OP day under my belt and another one is coming this way. Will be weighing on Thursday morning, I hope it pays off. Even 1 lb gone would make me smile. heehee

Going to walk today...2 miles..and I am excited.
Old 10-16-2001, 10:09 AM   #9  
Long Time Member

Default Gurgle...gurgle...gurgle

I drank my 3 bottles of water yesterday, and then some!! Very good friends with the bathroom now!!!
Old 10-16-2001, 02:32 PM   #10  
It's been so long...

Ok... need to post this for yesterday, afore I get that selective memory and only tell the good stuff...LOL

Did REALLY bad on water, but had some koolaid, so it's SOME kind of fluid I guess, I had two glasses, and that was my fluid intake for the day, besides the soup I had... here's the rundown of the food...

B'fast: A bowl of organic brown rice cereal with a small amount of rice milk.

snack: about a cup more of that same cereal, toasted and coated with about a tablespoon of sugar, as kind of a desperation snack mix...without the well...stuff that makes it a mix...LOL

Lunch: Some homeade onion soup with cayenne

snack...more desperation snack mix...

Dinner: Chili & red potato bake
2 slices toast with strawberry jam (yes, I eat weird things together...LOL)

snack: One apple and one cherry homerun pie, and a couple handfuls of munchos

OK, so yesterday was pretty poopy all the way around but I'm ready today...

Menu for today follows...

B'fast: 1 1/2 flax seed pancakes with margarine and syrup

Lunch: Baked potato with spinach

Snack: PB&J sandwich

About 16 oz of water

Dinner: BBQ tofu wrap with corn

we don't have any snack foods, but if Johnny happens to make a trip for something nummy, I'll revise this...

Last edited by PNG 2; 10-17-2001 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-17-2001, 11:51 AM   #11  

Okay, Okay...I have to confess. I did REALLY well on Monday and Tuesday...till about 5 pm. Had to stay late at work, was stressed and emotional. Found some granola bars stashed in my office. Had one, had another..was on a binge. Had 2 small piece of chocolate. What was I thinking? I was mad, andry, sad, depressed, stressed and emotional. Drove home thinking about how sick I felt. I gave myself a stomach ache. Went home, had sausage and peppers on a roll, piece of birthday cake for my grandfather. I went to bed feeling worse than I had in a long time. Stomach ache and now even more depressed. The only thing I can control in my life is what I put in my mouth. And last night I was uncontrollable. I knew what I was doing, but I was so angry with everything, I wanted to "hurt" myself. And I did, with food. I even had to have a little raspberry roll thingy before going to bed. Why oh why do I do it? I wasn't even comforting myself with the food. I was hurting myself, on purpous. It was a bad day, money, lawyers, soon to be ex, mother , friends, work, co-workers, weight..everything just hit me yesterday, and I was mad. Very angry at the world, and at myself. So I went mad and sabotaged myself again.

BUT..OP today and just returned from my 2.5 mile walk. It's cold out, very windy but I did it, and the whole time I thought about where I came from, where I want to be. Thought about the energy I had when I was OP, the compliments, the clothes I wanted to buy, New years Eve, my birthday, summer, bathing suits, not being ashamed of my body...and hopefully sex again one day (LOL)..thought about it all. Thought about what I was going through in my life. Thought about everything this past year has tossed my way. And I thought about all of you here. I can do this...one bad day..it's okay. I know why I did it, and I will try my hardest to know do it again.

This morning I was craving a bagel smothered with cream cheese. Now understand, here at work, the bagels are HUGE, and am sure you all know that you can't just eat half of it, and because of my PCOS and insulin resistance, a bagel, which I've been eating too often is the worst thing I can possibly eat. I fought myself for an hour over it..walked to the cafe with the mind set of getting one and how good it would taste. I walked straight to the grill, asked for two eggs with a piece of bacon. Filled up a 32 oz cup of water, small coffee..and walked back to my office with a HUGE smile on my face. I won!!!!

Just wanted to share this battle with all of you. Some days are so hard, but some days it's so easy..and it feels SO good.
Old 10-17-2001, 09:06 PM   #12  
Long Time Member

Jennifer - Thanks for being so honest. Boy have I been there. You are so right, it starts with one innocent piece of chocolate, then 3 more, then cookies from the kitchen, the McDonalds fries on the way home. It is like a frenzie, once it starts, you go crazy!! I am so proud of you for being OP the next day. It's days like that, that usually throw me off track for days. Good job girl. I am sorry that things got so bad. I can't imagine how hard this time must be for you. We here for you sweetie!!!

As far as the weekly challenge and myself, Tuesday only 66 oz. of water, but as we speak, I am working on the 3rd bottle, so I think I'll meet it!!

1fralick - Haven't heard from you? How are you doing?
Old 10-18-2001, 12:31 AM   #13  
It's been so long...

Boy Jennifer have I been there... mine usually comes when Im craving something and can't have it, I eat everything I can get my hands on to try and kill the craving...and it never dies..

Ok, today was soso...

B'fast: one donut stick, and a small cinnamon roll (I mean TINY!) a pint of sunsoy latte flavored soy milk.

Lunch: 3 small red postatoes, sliced and (eek) fried in a small amount of canola, coated with cayenne and a lil salt.
Don't remember if I had something to drink, or what it would have been...LOL

snack: a single reese cup

Dinner: Pasta with spinach and tomato sauce 16 oz water

gonna try for some more water, getting ready to get a little exercise in, probably weights, go back to aerobics tomorrow, feeling a bit better now, so I'm easing back in to it.
Old 10-18-2001, 04:39 AM   #14  
Work in Progress

Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning!!!

I feel a whole lot better today. Yesterday I had my TOM, the weather was awful and my mind went w/ it all. Bad and negative attitude. Didn't want to "expose you all ". But I feel better today.

To be accountable

Weds
b- Kashi
skim milk
2 pieces raisen toast

l- 1c spagettiw/sause
1meat ball
1/2 cu salad

s- 1/2 bag popcorn

d- ham and cheese on a ww wrap

This is wat too many carb( I am also PCOS and carbs and I do not get along) and not enough water.
water only 7 glasses

Jennifer- You are getting better!!! your good days are more than your bad days!!! It just takes time

Jm Thanks for asking about me. You are doing awesome. A crown for the OP goddess!!

PNG - DO NOT LET THAT LUMP GET AWAY FROM YOU!!!! Go to the follow up check up. Did they also suggest laying off coffee? I don't know if you imbibe? but that would help between now and then.

I am back on track( menatlly) and hope to report a better day

I have w/o'd all 3 days and plan on going upstairs soon

You all have a great day
Old 10-18-2001, 09:20 AM   #15  

More good days then bad...hmmmmmm.
Thank you 1fralick..I haven't looked at it like that, but your right. I know I will come full force soon..but your right, it's taking a bit of time. But the more OP days I have, the stronger I am becoming.

Was okay last night, very busy picking up my Mother from the airport (argh) so I was kind of grabbing at anything. But compared to the previous day, I was an angel. lol

Feel good today..my mission today is to drink water till my eye balls float. I miss my water..my weight, skin, nails, hair..head..everything has paid for not drinking enough. I will become the WATER QUEENY again, just watch!

And I will be walking the 2.5 mile windy and cold walk soon this morning..as soon as I eat something.

Jennifer
250/ Was 188 / Now 204 / 165
Closed Thread