Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2001, 02:41 PM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default #135 - United We Stand

Thought I'd start a new thread, the old one was getting pretty long. Don't know how to copy the other posts from today here. Can someone do that for me? (You'd never know I was a computer professional!!)

Day 5 OP!! Woo Hoo!!! This game thing is awesome. Gained 2 lbs. at WW, but that was because I gained a ton the 2 weeks before starting!! Can't wait to weigh in next week.

Jacob is almost one, and he is days away from walking. Makes me want to cry, he's growing up so fast!!!! Jen, the crying gets better, but I think we've got a while before it goes away.

Better go, Just wanted to say Hi!

Everybody have an AWESOME OP WEEKEND!!!!!
Old 10-05-2001, 07:01 PM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

PNG i can feel for you. I hope that thigs get better. I know the feeling of needing to do what you can to make up for the financial problems. i have dont that too. i can only pray that some thing goes right for you especially in the job dept. good luck.

Jen i am glad a good nights sleep sure does one wonders.

JM way to go 5 days OP and still going strong. that is great. (ps just tell everybody to read the last few posts of the other thread before posting here it is much easier)

I have managed to stay OP. I have dont that bearly as i am starting to come down with a head cold and it is woozy and the feeling is like i need to eat so that is the first thing i head for. so i am trying to watch what i am doing carefully this is one of those times i will eat thoughtlessly. did my exercise today.

I went to the dept of labor and had some help to find a new job. tons of web sites to look local and it has some great ideas for vamping up my resume and cover letters. I am excited things are looking up!!
Old 10-06-2001, 10:47 AM   #3  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I spoke too soon yesterday, we had another late night with crying and carrying on last night. Actually he has been fussy this morning too which is unusual but I think he is settling down now. i have him in the snugli while I type, I thought a change of environment would be good for him.

Well I had a good day otherwise yesterday, got my walk in and ate pretty healthy. Lately it has been a chore to get food in at all what with trying to look after this little guy and get enough sleep. Now I just need to start getting my water down.

nasus - drink lots and lots of orange juice and eat chicken soup if you feel a cold coming on. It is a huge cliche but honest to goodness it almost always works for me. If I drink like a big carton of oj and have a few bowls of soup I can usually avoid a cold. Maybe all the extra fluid flushes out the virus, who knows. I always have Liptons Chicken Noodle soup, the big package you make with 4 cups of water and eat the whole thing.

Jacobsmom - I hope the crying gets better, I am about to start crying along with him! Congrats on all the OP days, you are doing great. Don't be discouraged by the #'s on the scale, the fact that you are staying OP is a good thing too.

It is Thanksgiving here on Monday, Columbus Day for you guys in the US. We aren't planning on doing anything or going anywhere, we just want to stay home and catch up on some zzzzz's so I won't have to worry about indulging in too much food. Take care all, have a nice weekend.
Old 10-07-2001, 05:51 AM   #4  
Work in Progress

Good Sunday morning all,

Jen when I posted the columbus day w/e chall. I knew it wasa Canadian holiday too but couldn't remeber the name. UGH!
Hope you have a nice holiday. the weather is supposed to be nicer. Sorry about the child, Do you have other children?

JM, Way to go on the OPness!! Hope you were able to continue thru the weekend( my down fall)

Sue How are you feeling. I hope your weather has been better than ours. We have a freeze warning posted for tonite. I guess I better do something w/ my m initure rose bushes.

How is everyone else doing. I am working on painting my kitchen. Got thrown off schedule yesterday. I then allowed it to throw me off program I then got p/o'd at that . and went to bed at 8:30. With new goals for today.

A new day
Old 10-07-2001, 09:11 PM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Me???

feeling pretty yucky. no exercise for 2 days now a record for me! the kids are fine just me head!!!

Jen i can feel foryou I had 4 babies that did nothing but cry. they ahd milk allergies and as i was breast feeding everytime i ate something that had dairy they aould be up crying for hours including all night. my last ws the worst i had a harder time restricting the food as the cooking was harder. he did not stop tillhe was 14 months old!!! boy was that a difficult time!!! but do nto think yours will be the same. i just had hard babies!!

JM stay OP!!

Pat way to go. you are my inspiration for staying with it.
Old 10-08-2001, 02:45 AM   #6  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

I'm here, starting to feel a little blah myself... been off ane on Op, had a lot goi on, was kinda hard to keep track of what I'm doing... very tired tonight, gonna go read a while,maybe use my bands in bed, so I can feel like I did SOMETHING...
Old 10-08-2001, 12:22 PM   #7  

Good morning and Happy Monday...it's Monday already! Argh. But were closer to start a new weekend now. Living for the weekends is getting old. haha
How was everyones weekends?
Mine was nice, the weather was gorgeous, a bit chilly, but I really love it. Sister in Cali is still prego, miserable and very emotional. I will call her this afternoon to see how she is feeling.
Our Mom is flying out on Wednesday morning, very very nervous about flying now since the US attacked yesterday. Scary world were living in, and am sure everyone is walking on eggshells.

I was actually pretty good over the weekend, eating wise. I have calmed down with trying to comfort myself with food. Even though my husband decided to take a weekend trip and "forget" about our appointment with the lawyer. I finally gave in and called him and he said it was for next Sunday, but the lawyer confirmed that I was right. He never got the property appraised anyways, so it would have been a waste. Just pissed me off since he never cancelled the appointment. Oh well. But I handled it well.

Not much else going on. Looking for a new job. I am money hungry, you can say. My finances have dramatically changed in the last few months, and am dissatisfied with my income. Isn't everyone? LOL So, a,m looking for a new job or at least a 2nd job. I was looking into the "work at home" jobs, where I could do something over the internet...but no luck yet, everything looks like a risk. So, we'll see.

Hope everyone is doing well and smiling...
Old 10-08-2001, 04:20 PM   #8  
Long Time Member

Default Made it through the weekend

I can't believe it, but here I am!! 7 days OP!! This game is working awesome, I hardly ever make it through the weekends. They are hands down my worst times. Can't wait to weigh in on Wednesday!!!

Jacob was really sick last night, fever, throwing up. Such fun. He seemed better this morning.

Jennifer - I am planning on taking an internet class that is a 6 week course on working from home. It's $50.00 but it's supposed to help you understand the work at home market and help you find "reputiable" work at home jobs. I'll see if I can dig up the web site for you.

PNG - Hang in there, You'll have better days!

nasus40 - Are you back to exercising?

1fralick - How did the paiting turn out?

Jen - How the little one doing? Are we getting some sleep?

If I'm not around much the next couple of days, I am teaching off site and I don't know if I'll have internet access. (I do most of my posting from work. Who am I kidding, ALL of my posting!)
Old 10-09-2001, 09:52 AM   #9  
Proud to be an American!!

Good Morning!!
I did it!!!! I got on the scale this morning and I was under 300 lbs!! Woo Hoo!!
I went to the movies with my Husband last week end and sat comfortable in the theater seats. I actually had room to spare. I went shopping with my nieces and bought myself a Gap sweatshirt. I have always wanted one but they never fit, this one did!! It is hard to believe that I have gone from a 6x to a 1x in 6 months!! When you see yourself everyday you don't notice the changes, but when you sit in a chair you couldn't sit in, it's like WOW I have lost weight!! I bought a new dinning room set last March. My Husband wanted the 2 captains chairs and I didn't. I couldn't sit in them, so I felt they were a waste. We got them anyway cause they were part of the set. Well I can sit in them now. I have cut my long hair to shoulder length and highlighted it. My sister was here last weekend and loved the person I am becoming. It made me feel good since the both of us have always been heavy but I was always much more heavier than her. She has also lost some weight and isn't upset with what I did to lose weight. She wants to do it too, but her husband won't let her.
Fall is here the leaves are changing and the nights are much cooler. My adoption dossier is in China so next year we will go to China to get Miranda. She will be between 3 and 10 months of age. I have a year to prepare for her.
I hope everyone is having an OP week!!!

Jennifer: Keep a stiff upper lip!! I can't believe your so to be ex blew off your appointment!! Don't let him get away easily. He needs to pay his half of those bills!! Why should you take on the burden, remember he knows your weaknesses and might play on them. Hang tough and don't give in!! Stand up for yourself, and make him responsible....... don't fall for the poor me!!

Jacobsmommy: Woo Hoo 7days OP!! You Go Girl!!

Nausus: I hope your feeling better soon.......

Jen: I hope you can get some sleep soon!! Hang in there.....

Hello to everone I missed and Welcome to all the new people!!
I hope everone has an OP Day!!

Derby
Old 10-10-2001, 11:18 AM   #10  
Long Time Member

Default Things are going well

I am still OP!!! I can't say 9 days OP, because last night I had Bunko at my house and I may have gone a point or two over, but we are right back on track this morning. I can't believe how well this is working. I weigh in tonight, so I'll let you know!!

Derby Girl - WAY TO GO!!! You are doing soooo awesome. I am so proud of you!!! Sometimes it's the little things that are so exciting!! Like for me, it's the way my bracelet feels on my wrist. The looser it gets the more exciting it is!!

Hello everyone else!!!
Old 10-10-2001, 11:50 AM   #11  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hi all. We had a great night thanks to Sam. If you check in here THANKS!!!!!! she told me about this medication for gas that I gave Drake last night and it worked!!!! We made it through the night, getting to bed at a reasonable hour and didn't have hours of crying and screaming. Oh joy oh bliss.

Got out for a walk again yesterday. It was pretty nice, warmer than I thought and it looks nice today. I love this fall weather where it is sunny and cool but not so cold as to want to stay indoors. Does that make sense?

Derby - congrats on hitting one of your goals. Keep up the great work!

Jacobsmommy - did you weigh in today? I hope it is good news.

Take care all.
Old 10-10-2001, 02:14 PM   #12  

Hi everyone...am still here. Battling the bulge, trying to stay OP. Was hard last night as we were celebrating a friends birthday. But I am chugging the water today. I am making new goals for myself. A bit of inspiration to keep me going. Halloween...I want to dress up. My friends and I have all decided to be "bad" this Halloween. Were dressing up as 70's Go Go "hookers" with the pimps to go along. A few male friends have said they'd do it. It should be hilarious. Haven't picked out an outfit for myself et. Gotta start working on that.
My birthday...December 2nd. I have about 7 weeks to go, so my aim is to lose about 14 lbs. And another 6 before New Years. I know I can do it, I will try hard.

Sister still is prego. Mom flew out there this morning. I will be an aunt soon...I wish I could be there.

JacobsMommy..That would be cool if you could pass that website along. I am really interested in doing something.

Derby..WOOOHOOO! What the scale says doesn't even compare to the feeling that you must have gotten when you sat comfortable in the seat at the theater, or when you bought the shirt. You rock girlie, I am so so happy for you. I am staying strong. Saw him last night, and didn't let on that anything was wrong. "Hello, how are you" was about the extent of our conversation. he wants it this way, he will get it now.

Jen..So happy to hear that you finally got a peaceful night. You must be exhausted. I love the fall, my favorite time of year.
Old 10-10-2001, 04:26 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 328/292/135

Height: 5' 1"

Default Howdy!

Hey all! How is everybody? Thought I would pop in and say hello. I've been managing to stay OP this week, so I am proud of that. Just got over a truly horrible TOM, so I have been a little wrung out lately. Think I need to pump up on the iron maybe. I actually have lost a couple of lbs, so I am happy about that. My goal is to get to 279 by Halloween. So far I am 5 lbs away. Going to have to really kick it in high gear if I am going to get rid of the last 5 lbs. I got to see my nephew the other day. He is such a little doll. He'll be 2 on January 31st. He will grab my face and give me a kiss and say "La La" (translation is "Love You"). I just love him to pieces. His mom has just now decided that she wants to let us see him. Don't really know what is up with that, but I'm not arguing. My mom is just eating it up. She loves being "Nanna".

JacobsMommy - Way to go on the game and staying OP. That is great! I hope Jacob is feeling better.

nasus40 - hope your head cold is better. Any luck on the job front?

Jen - I understand about the fall weather. It finally starts cooling down in Texas, although it was still a little warm today. Glad you had a good night with baby Drake. Poor thing...gas makes me grumpy too! LOL

1fralick - How's the painting on the kitchen going? I know what a chore that can be.

PNG2 - Hey there! You feeling any better?

Jennifer - Sorry about the appointment. A weekend trip, huh? Hmmm...how convenient. Don't you just love it? Hope your mom did okay on the plane. Know she's got to be scared stiff. At least, I know I would be. So you are going to be a go go hooker? Ooooh, you go girl! You'll have to post us pictures.

Derby - Girl, you are just doing awesome! I know buying the new shirt had to be a great feeling for you, as well as being under that 300lb mark. I've thought about checking in to the surgery you had. My family is pretty deadset against it though. Sounds like you have made a lot of wonderful changes for yourself. You go girl!

Well, better sign off for now. Everyone have a great evening!

HUGS!

M'Chelle
288/284/279 by Oct. 31st

Last edited by bonnieangel; 10-10-2001 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-10-2001, 09:28 PM   #14  
Long Time Member

Well with 4 more lbs. gone I am on cloud 9. Can you imagine the results if DH (and I do mean dear) and I stay on this for 90 days. OMG!!!

Things are going well, Jacob is FINALLY feeling better (BonnieAngel, thanks for asking). I changed my picture to him. My little Angel. It's his 9 month picture, in 10 days he'll be 1!!

Jennifer (aka Go. Go. girl) - That site for the work at home internet class is www.gsinet.org look under Telecommuting - Working from home. I am planning on taking it in January. I see that we are almost Birthday buddies. Are you an Aunt yet?

BonnieAngel - Good to hear from you! Congratulation on losing!! Keep it up girlfriend!! How cool that you got to see your nephew. Kids are so amazing.

Jen - Everyone always talks about that Gas medicine working wonders. It never seems to make a difference with Jacob. I am SO glad that it helped with Drake!

Hope everyone is doing great!!
Old 10-10-2001, 11:48 PM   #15  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Talking

Hi all, doing a lot better, thanks to those who asked about me...I am in LOTS of pain today, but it's good pain...lol, dusted off my old tae bo tape and kicked some Billy Blanks butt last night....now my back is very sore, but I took a couple advil,and feel much better, now as soon as Ravyn goes to sleep, I'mgoing to break out my weights anddo some liftin...and some squattin...and other things to make me wish I were never born...hehe.

On a high note, Johnny noticed recently that when we cuddle,if I'm laying on my back,he can now reach all the way around me, to touch the bed...today we were laying there, and I said somehing about it being due to all the weight he's lost (67# and counting!!) And he says, "but look at how far I am from you, and my hand is still comfy on the bed, not strained or anything..." And he was laying a good enough distance from me to make up for te weight he'slost...so even if my nubers aren't refelcting it, something is happening inside my body :-)

Jen, I'm glad you found something that help soothe your bebe, We also used gas drops,we still keep a bottle of it around, because ravyn still sometimes has problems with tofu giving her too much gas...but at least the major sensitivty that she has is gone,and the doc says that the gas should stop happening by the time she's two...

M'Chelle: I also just had one of the worst TOM experiences ever...So I feel your pain...I did weigh in during, and I was only 1 pound over, so I'm fighting the urge to go weigh in now, because I think I may have lost :-)

Well, got off track,and forgot where I was was going next in this ramble, so I'm gone for now...
Closed Thread