South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 09:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/187/160

Default Pre-Friday Early Bird Posting

Good evening Ladies,

Since I'm never online early enough in the morning to be in the first few to post, I figured I'd start one early tonight!

So I strayed off plan a little bit tonight - but not too bad (I hope). We had taco salads for dinner, and I just couldn't resist the shell. 26 grams of carbs right off the bat, along with 3 grams of sugar. EEK. I guess I somehow justified it as being better than having 3 or 4 tacos with a tortilla shell. I topped the salad off with some lf shredded cheddar cheese and some lf sour cream (again not the best choice). But I've been on p1 for about 2.5 weeks now and this is the first time I cheated. I know, I know - it was naughty. But gloriously sinful!

I also decided to bake the DB his birthday cake tonight. And of course I had to taste the cake mix before stuck it in the oven. I didn't miss it as much as I thought I did. It was very sweet, and not nearly as good as I remember it. So that's a plus I guess. And now I have a stomach ache. Serves me right for being naughty tonight.

Okay beachies, I'm going to go read in bed for a bit and then hit they hay. Big weekend coming up with DB's birthday and all. As I've discovered tonight, it may be easier to stay OP than I originally thought!! YAY!

Mod note: Merge Thread into Friday's Daily Thread.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:02 AM   #2  

Default St.Paddy's Day McChick Chat!

TOP OF The Morn' ta ya Leprauchicks!!!!! TIME TA GIT UP AND DO THE IRISH JIG!

Need to put the Cawfee on and then I'll be back to chat!
Old 03-17-2006, 07:07 AM   #3  

TGIF and Happy St. Patrick's day to you all! I'm not big into the festivities, but St. Patrick's Day is a big deal here. I'm not sure if it's still this way, but a couple of years ago, they said that KC has the 3rd largest St. Patrick's Day parade in the country (behind Boston and Chicago). Go figure!

Looks like I'm staying in for most of the weekend. Thought one of my sisters and her two boys were going to be coming to town, but that fell through. I think I'm finally going to go buy a carpet cleaner and steam clean my carpets - something that is LOOOONG overdue.

Dare - Look at you! I know it was in a different message, but posting the night before DEFINITELY takes the award for the earliest posting! Have a great time with DB's birthday!

Everyone have a great weekend!
Old 03-17-2006, 07:38 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

" And the rest 'o the day to yerself, McSchatzi!"
Me dear departed Mither, may God rest her soul, was as Irish as she could be. It figures as her name was Mary Oderiah Veronica McGowan. We had green porridge for breakfest, green milk at noon and always corned beef and cabbage with taters for supper. A bit of Bushmills was usually in evidence by sundown as well.
I have corned beef simmering in the crockpot for tonight but will skip the Irish Whisky part of the celebration.

Schatzi, can I have a wee bit of Bailey's in my cawfee?

Jana, too bad your weekend plans fell through. I've rented a carper cleaner and should do it again but not this weekend.

I see McSchatzi has merged Dare's post with this thread. It certainly was an early start! Dare, I just use chili powder instead of those packaged mixes. Be strong this weekend - it does get easier.

It's really sunny out there today but still well below freezing. I have started a list of garden clean-up jobs but it's too cold for that today. This afternoon I'll take one of The Girls and go to visit Harry. They have a wee St. P celebration for the residents which will make the visit easier. This morning I intend to FINISH the sleeve shortening on that black jacket I bought in the fall! I want to get the darn alterations out of the way so I can sew new stuff for Spring!

Have a Super Friday!
Old 03-17-2006, 07:53 AM   #5  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

TOP OF THE MORNING TO YOU HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY LADIES

We're lucky as a neighbors daughter is taking us to Boston this morning,so we won't have to deal with the crowds expected this weekend for St. Patricks Day. I had my soda bread this morning and will have some other type of Irish Meal tonight. We at Falls River Diocese are despensing us from eating meat on St Patricks Day Fri during Lent. Going to have a corned beef sandwich along with boiled little cabbage[brusel sprouts] & potatoes. Then when hubby is feeling better we will have the Transitional Irish Dinner.

W-I this morning stayed the same,maybe tomorrow there will be a lose,as I'm not eating any lunch today.

Hugs BB
Old 03-17-2006, 08:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

I'm not Irish, but I've always loved the festivities of the day! I think the girls and I will make some Irish Soda Bread today. I had wanted to give them "Green Eggs & Ham" for their lunch today, but they weren't too keen about that. Maybe I'll slip a bit of green food coloring into their milk and tell them the Leprauchans did it.

It's sunny here today, but freezing cold. Thank goodness we didn't get any of the snow that was in the forecast! I'm soooooooo ready for Spring!

Tomorrow we're going to my nephew's Confirmation, then my brother is taking everyone to Texas Roadhouse. It should be fairly easy to stay OP there, as long as I can resist their yummy rolls with Honey Butter! Maybe I can bank some calories and save my starchy grain serving for one? I'll just have to wait and see how I feel. Sometimes the guilt's just not worth it!
I'm off now to fix some breakfast and get dressed for work. Have a great day!
Old 03-17-2006, 08:47 AM   #7  
gotta lose it!

Morning everyone...today is my interview....wish me luck. I'm off to review my resume & put my AVON order in!
Old 03-17-2006, 08:53 AM   #8  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Morning Chicks and HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY!

I'm (partially) Irish, but no festivities for me today other than the wearin 'o the green. No one else in my house will eat corned beef, so I'm not going to waste the time to cook it just for me. I've been pretty much awol this week as the 3yo had a tummy bug. She ended up sharing it with me, but luckily it didn't hit me nearly as bad. Stayed OP for most of the time this week with the exception of saltines and full-sugar gingerale yesterday. Amazingly the scale was down a pound this morning, but it seems too good to be true, so I'm not changing my ticker yet.

Dare - good luck with the birthday party this weekend!

Jana - when you're done with your carpet, wanna come do mine? It's in such desperate need of a good cleaning......time to add that to my to-do list.

BB Hugs to you and DH!

Cottage - I tried the green milk thing with my DD this morning....she wasn't that amused. I remember when I was little I used to love having green things on St. Patricks Day....maybe she's too little yet?

Soon - Good Luck today!!!
Schatzi, Ruth, - Hope you all have a great day!
Old 03-17-2006, 09:11 AM   #9  

Well as usual I got sidetracked!

Dare:
here's some to help ya with the bday weekend!
Jana: I looooove my carpet cleaner.. it's a bissell proheat.. it does a great job on the carpets and couches.

Ruth: Baileys..YUM! I'm half Irish..so it was always a big event in my house, and the town where I grew up was mainly Irish, Italian and Polish. Big Parades! Lot's of pints! and lots of drunk renditions of "Oh Danny Boy" In our house the traditional toast was "Up the Rebels!"...

BB: Irish soda bread... oh oh oh ! I love it !!!! Enjoy yer day in Bean town darlin'

Cottage:
WOULD YOU LOOK AT YER TICKER!!! YOU ARE DOING SOOOOOOO GREAT!!!! Enjoy dinner and the Confirmation!

Soon: I don't need to wish you luck darlin, you are a STAH! And you willllllll get this promotion and new store..The Great Schatzarina knows zee Zings! Yay!

Morn Kelly

May the Wind at yer back
not be the result of corn beef and cabbage
Old 03-17-2006, 09:13 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 196/187/160

Happy St. Patrick's Day Ladies!!

I thought you guys would get a laugh out of the early post! I just felt so guilty for being naughty last night. But on the brighter side, I have already turned down a from the company's pep team (in celebration of wearing green for the day). I swear this company comes up with more excuses to have food days....there's like one each week! Then people wander around with their gigantic plates of food piled high and wonder why they're gaining weight! Sheesh. Okay, enough of that.

Well, tonight starts the DB's birthday festivities. We're going to the restaurant of his choice for dinner (which will undoubtedly be someplace Italian, like Olive Garden) "Sigh" I don't think I will be able to pass up their breadsticks if we go. So I guess I will just have to work extra hard at the gym tomorrow morning and PRAY that I don't gain too much weight back.

Jana...Good luck cleaning the carpets! With two dogs and a DB who tracks his shoes all over the house, it seems almost pointless for me to attempt that more than once every 6 months - 1 year.

Ruth - Enjoy the cold sunny day with the girls!

Cottage - Green eggs and ham. No thanks I'll pass. When I was in high school they had Shamrock Shakes during our lunch our (vanilla shake w/ green food coloring), which went down well, but didn't stay down all day. I don't think I'll ever touch anything unnaturally green again! LoL Oh, but good luck with Texas Roadhouse - that is my all time fav place to eat!! So I feel your pain with the honey butter rolls!! Soooo good!

Soon: on the interview!!!

Okay everyone, off to a morning meeting. I'll check back in later. Have a great OP day!!

Nicole
Old 03-17-2006, 09:16 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Too funny, Schatzi!

I just remembered soemthing my Dad used to do every St. Patrick's day. He would put green food colouring in the toilet tanks. When we flushed green, he would tell us that we'd flushed down a leprechaun! For years, we believed him!

Gotta jet! The morning is slip, slip, slipping away!
Old 03-17-2006, 09:22 AM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Happy Saint Patricks Day!!!
While I don't get to do My traditional Celebration--the parade in NY This Irish girl is in green and green nails and we're going out to see a band tonight and have our Corned beef and Cabbage last weekend we went to the parade where my Mom Lives and Had Ham and CAbbage (whish is akin to the traditional Bacon and cabbage) But thats not our tradition!
I decided to do Ph 2 and journal my food emotions etc. . .I even started a blog
and and and! I exercised for 90 minutes so far this week I just got my bike put up in the office and I started using it last night for about 20 min I could have gone longer but I didn't want to overtax my shoulders (its an arm bike) for the first time
The big thing I'm focusing on now is portions and exercise
now that I worked through that I don't feel like such a fake posting!
bbl
Kieran Bridget (How's that for Irish?)
Old 03-17-2006, 09:32 AM   #13  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

happy pattys day to you!

Not irish here but dh's is part and a huge ND fan so GO IRISH Also my son went to school head to toe green, must be a big holiday for kindergartners

Off to workout with Vinny...Yo Vinny...I actually got my friend to do it with me so we can save on the PT fees.

So after a little me time, I have to pack dinner for everyone so that we can run from Tae Kwon Do straight to t-ball all without stopping at the drive thru...
Old 03-17-2006, 09:47 AM   #14  

Good morning all!

Despite being around Boston, being Irish and being named Erin, I never participate in St. Patrick's festivities -- except for eating corned beef and cabbage. I love it. I can't imagine corned beef is all that SBD-friendly, though. It'd be terrible to break my more than two-month streak of not cheating on the diet, but, well..... I really, really want corned beef! Any ideas for making it as painless as possible? I'll skip the potatoes and just eat cabbage, turnip and carrots.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 03-17-2006, 10:20 AM   #15  
Saved by the Grace of God

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5'6"

Talking Top o' the Mornin' To Ya!

Happy St. Patty's Day! Ok, I'm not real big on the holiday, but who cares? My heritage is Irish, but we just never did much to celebrate. (except wear green if ya didn't want pinched ) My boy made a paper St. Patty's Day tie at school yesterday. I'm gonna let him wear it all day (if he can stand it that long).

Well, I forgot to weigh myself this morning before I ate breakfast. Just out of curiosity, I weighed after and was still down a pound! (You think that means I was actually down 2 pounds before breakfast? One can hope!)

My boy's watching Blue's Big Music Show (I'm sure all you mommy's know what I'm talking about) and he's singing AND DANCING to the music. Soooooo cute!

I'm leaving town tonight and going up to Indy. Not sure how op I'm going to be, but I'm sure going to try. This weight loss has been a lot easier than I expected, and I sure don't want it to stop or GULP go the other way!

I'll talk to you all later!

Toodles
Closed Thread