South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 01:12 PM   #1  
South Beach Life Style

Default Where Has The Excitement Gone?

OKAY, I SEEM TO HAVE EITHER SETTLED IN TO THE SBD WAY OF LIFE OR I AM GETTING READY TO FAIL.. NOT SURE,

I AM DOING ALL OP, I KNOW THIS, HOWEVER, THE EXCITEMENT IS GONE, I AM NOT THRILLED ANYMORE, IS THIS NORMAL? I HAVE NO THOUGHT OF CHEATING OR BOREDUM,(boredum,, that I know of)

IS THIS A NORMAL EMOTION FOR THE LIFE CHANGE?? WHAT IS GOING ON WITH ME?
Old 03-13-2006, 01:33 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, the honeymoon doesn't last forever, you know. Try a new recipe for a change and see if the thrill comes back.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:37 PM   #3  

I know what you mean, MsCrockett. I have days when not only do I have no thought of cheating, I don't feel like eating anything. I do, but only out of necessity. Some people would classify it as mild depression. I just think that it's a natural reaction to a dramatic change -- food (bad food) used to be a big part of my life. Now, it doesn't occupy my thoughts as much -- which is a good thing.

So, the key to adding a little more excitement into your life is spending more time on other activities. New hobbies, new people. Or, devote more time to things you already enjoy. Set mini-goals with a reward (new clothes, time just for yourself, etc.).

Food, too, can still be fun. Try some of the OP recipes on this site, to mix up your weekly menu. Plan a dinner party and take your friends to "South Beach" for a night.

It's great that you're having luck following the plan. Now, you just have to make it fun!
Old 03-13-2006, 03:52 PM   #4  
South Beach Life Style

Hey guys..

I think I am bored,, No I know that I am bored,, I cant go shopping till next week though,, so I gotta make do with what I already have,, I have be on Phase 1.35.. not a whole lot of 2,,, I am kinda in a panic when it comes to breads, starches, and the ww tortillas...... dont know why just am,,,,,,,,, but if I dont get over it,, I am screwed,,,, plus I just dont have a lot of money right now.. I have another 2 weeks of limited funds.. then I will be ok,,,I just dont know how to make it through till then,, being poor sucks,,,, I have but just for a couple more weeks,,,,,,,,,,right?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ugh
Old 03-13-2006, 04:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/184.5/125

You can do it mscrocket!!! Why not try a new recipe that doesn't require that you go shopping for anything new? I go through good days and bad days...and I know the bad days are very very hard! Stick with it, though, it will be worth it. We are all here for you!
Old 03-13-2006, 04:16 PM   #6  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Hang in there MsCrockett!!!! I know how it is to be short of funds.

Here is what I have been trying to do to keep me out of the it's not spring yet and I don't have any money to do winter fun things funk that I am having right now.

1. Try a new recipe by throwing together the things you have on hand that you think might taste good together. Or if you have almost everything for a new recipe try making it without whatever it is you are missing. Provided of course it isn't a main ingredient.

2. Try on your summer cloths. Man it sure has been making me feel better trying on the things I could bearly fit into last summer and seeing them be a little to way to big. Lots of fun. And even if they are still snug just think what 2-3 more months eating corrrectly and exercising will do for you.

3. Do you have a dog? Do you have a snow covered park or back yard? It is amazing how much better you can feel about life if you and your animal go out and make snow angles together. I know sounds strange but it really helps me. And if you don't have snow just going out and playing with your critter can make you feel better.

4. If the tempature is at all condusive open up your house and air the winter out of it. It was amazing how much better my family felt this weekend when I decided 40 was high enough to do this. We turned the heat way down and cleaned house to stay warm while we had the doors and windows open.

Hope these ideas help you generate some of you own. Hang in the hon we are all here with you.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:39 AM   #7  

I think if things are tight financially, that is impacting your thinking, so nothing seems exciting right now. Maybe a shift of focus is what you need right now. I find that I am thinking about food less and finding other activities to keep my mind occupied. Are you exercising? That is one of the best ways to get those endorphins going and you may start to feel better about things.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:10 AM   #8  
Lovin' Life!

MsCrockett....it's a tough time, I know. Funds are low here and it's very frustrating to not be able to have things on hand that you need, especially when you're trying to stay on phase. What I've done recently though is started to concentrate on what I DO have and not what I don't. It really has helped. {{{{crock
Closed Thread