South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 04:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Thursday's Thunder March 16th

Morning Folks!!!

Everybody get yer butt out of bed and let's do the Thursday Dance

I love Thursdays!!!! It's the day before Friday...nuff said.

Well, I'm chancing posting this as I may loose the post en route to the site but I do hope not. I still pop on and read posts as much as I can. It seems to be posting things that causes most problems. This computer is very old and I do need a new one but I've been trying to hold off due to the cost. It will be a while before I can spend the money on what is still a non-necessity compared to other things we need. Thanks for the smart advice to back up my files. I plan to do that this weekend - especially the pictures!!!

I hope everyone is hanging in there and has a terrific OP kind of day.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning,
I'm still dragging this morning, I don't know what's the matter with me, I just don't have any energy. But I'm up and dressed and ready to go to Curves, maybe I'll get a burst of energy there.
Yesterday was bad day, eating-wise. Maybe the freezing, dreary weather had something to do with it, but I was craving comfort food all day. I guess it wasn't as bad as it could have been, but I ate way too many grain carbs, and drank hot tea and coffee instead of plain old water. It was just one of those days. Today I'm going to try to climb back on the wagon.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:00 AM   #3  

Mornin' all. Went out dancing last night, so I'm running short on sleep. Must grab coffee on the way to work.

Yesterday at work turned out to be hectic. I had planned on going out at lunch to shop and grab a salad. But, we ended up with a client on-site who was waiting for some stuff, so my boss and I ended up having to work through lunch in order to do quality checks on it. Didn't get a chance to even eat lunch until after 1:00, and then had to get lunch from - horror of horrors - the vending machine! Or, as we call it, the wheel of death. lol Glad those days don't come by very often. Today, the mantra is water, water, water.

Freaky - Yep, definitely backup those pics. I need to do the same on my PC! I forgot to tape American Idol last night, but we saw a glimpse of it on one of the TVs at the club. I wasn't surprised by who got voted off, but I was really surprised to see Ace in the bottom 3. He's so cute, I figured he'd be around for awhile.

Cottage - Hope you're not coming down with something. I kind of felt the same way last week - just draggy and no energy. Hope your workout perks you up.

Everyone have a great day!
Old 03-16-2006, 07:21 AM   #4  

CAWFEeeeee FRESH BREWED CAWFFFFEEEE...GIT YER CYBER CUPS Here!!!!
!!!!!!

Morning all you MORNING LARKS !!!!!

I'm off to Curves to work my blubber!!!! Will check in when I return!
Old 03-16-2006, 07:31 AM   #5  

Morning Ladies. Have any of you read the article about water posted? Here is the link. I find it interesting.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diets/water.php

Freaky- I am with you....love Thursday!

JanaM- Totally agree with you on the idol thing. I was a little shocked on the bottom three. Not my choices for the bottom! I really couldn't believe Ace was there! He looked pretty shocked himself.

Hope all have a grea Thursday!
Old 03-16-2006, 07:54 AM   #6  
Saved by the Grace of God

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5'6"

The word for the day is DISCIPLINE! And I sure need it. I let all kinds of things go undone while on phase 1. "I just don't have the energy to work out. I don't have the energy to clean. etc. etc." So today, I don't care how I'm feeling. I'm going to get things done. My goal is to have the house clean by the time hubby gets home from work. So that gives me about 4 hours. If I can just get back on track, maybe I can stay on track. (One can hope. )

Freaky - Computers suck, but ya gotta live with them. Best of luck with yours.

Cottage - Ahhh the wonders of living on the beach. Fall off the wagon, wake up the next day and jump right back on. No worries.

Jana - Vending machine!?! Ugh! Let's hope things work out better today.

Schatzi - MORNING!

Amelie - That's a great article. Too many of us feel guilty for not floating away in the amount of water we drink. Here's to drinking normally and not stressing!

Toodles for now.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:17 AM   #7  
Lovin' Life!

I'm here early today! The earlier daylight gets me moving and I hate to lay in bed when it's so bright out. If only it was warm!

Freaky, sorry about the computer problems.

Cottage, dreary weather does the same thing to me, especially when it's cold. I hope your spirits lift soon!

Jana, wow dancing...I haven't done that in years!!! I wasn't surprised about Ace being in the bottom 3...I didn't think he did that well recently. I thought Kevin would be in there too though.

Thanks for the CAWFEE Shatzi! I haven't had mine yet.

Hoosier...you can do it! And when I have a time frame to do it in, I seem to get so much more done...especially when I want stuff done before DH gets home. Good luck!

I've started my day off with a bowl of Uncle Sam and a couple strawberries. I'm about to do Ultimate Bootcamp Tae Bo as soon as I get the kids to school.
I'll check back in later!
Old 03-16-2006, 08:18 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm starting to feel more like myself now. I really exerted myself at Curves today, and I think it helped pep me up.

Hey Jana, Schatzi and all you other Curves ladies, did you know that Mandissa on American Idol is the singer on most of the tapes at Curves? At our Curves, we have our own "fan club" for her!
Old 03-16-2006, 08:30 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and that coffee is just in time, Schatzi.

Freaky, how annoying to have a fickle PC! It's good that you can get in to read though. Maybe the Easer Bunny will bring you a new one.

Cottage, I hope Curves gets those endorphins going and you perk up.

Jana, I am really enjoying your crocus avatar. Dancing sounds like fun and worth being tired. I had a good chuckle over "Wheels of Death".

Amelie, I was home too late to see Idol last night. I must gon online and find out who else got dropped besides Ace. Kewpie Doll Kevin, maybe? Silly kid!

Hoosier, I think we are in the same space. I am going to set my timer this morning and do housework stuff until it pings. Unfortunately I don't have anyone else to notice what I do. The Girls really don't give a damn!

You know, reading through the posts and my journal from yesterday and today, I hear my Mother's voice saying, "Have you ever considered just pulling yourself together and getting on with it?" Wise woman! I've been a real slug since the weekend, not exercising, not eating properly and sitting on my butt too much messing around online. So TODAY IS THE DAY I get my together and make sure I can lift it!

I see Cottage and Muffin are in and all energized from exercise. What good role models!

I shall go and do likewise! here I come!
Old 03-16-2006, 08:31 AM   #10  
gotta lose it!

Morning everyone.....I'm getting ready to go to Curves in a minute. I was up about a hour ago, but I had to put together something for my boss & I just finished it.
So I spoke with my dad yesterday.....little sister causing drama (once again) I was worked up over nothing. Dad is giving sister $1500 for her wedding (because she asked for $4000!!!) and he said he would give me some too, once I set a date. He also said he was going to drive the gf & HER 17 yr old daughter out west for a competition for a horse show. He's driving because she's borrowing someone's truck & it's a stick. Plus I doubt anything will go on because her child will be with her. As far as selling the house, no. He wants to "switch" houses with my brother because my brother lives out that way, & his house is too small for his family, dad's house is too big for him. I'm so mad at my sister.....she's as crazy as the day is long!
I did reward my self with a hair appt yesterday....I'm all blonde once again!
See you gals later...df needs the computer!
Old 03-16-2006, 08:34 AM   #11  
Mom to 3 Great Kids

Hi everyone, how are you this morning?

Freaky - Computers are expensive, maybe you have a virus or some spyware on it.

Cottage - Good for you on working out even though you don't feel so good.

Jana - Hubby and I used to go out dancing all the time when we were dating. Now we only dance at weddings, lol.

Hoosier - Ugh, the dreaded vending machine, I'm so glad that we don't have one of those here at work!

Good morning to everyone else!

I was OP yesterday again but my house is running empty of good foods, I need to hit the grocery store and I also need to spend some time cooking several different meals so they are in the fridge. That was a big part of my success during the first 2 weeks. Now I've found myself getting slack with that. I have managed to exercise everyday this week so far. On Monday and Wednesday I did my Bar Method dvd as well as walk. I'm going to try to do the dvd 3 days a week and walk 5 days a week.

Well, I'm off to do payroll, I'll check back later!

Tyra
Old 03-16-2006, 08:37 AM   #12  
Mom to 3 Great Kids

Soon - Glad to hear you worked everything out with your dad. Sounds like your sister is a real trip!

Ruth - We were posting at the same time, have a great day and I hope you get everything done you want to, including exercise!

Tyra
Old 03-16-2006, 08:48 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Morning ladies,

Man this has been such a long week already? I think it's just cause I've had lots of variety and been really busy, so it's just seemed to DRAAAAAAG. Man can't wait for Friday! Man I've been doing so great this week and even changed my ticker to reflect the 148 that I saw yesterday on the scale! So goal for this week is basically to stay good with my calories this weekend. So that I don't feel like I'm "starting over" again on Monday. I also added a new ticker to my signature because
MY DAD IS TAKING ME AND MY SIS AND MY BF TO HAWAII!!!!!
I am so excited, cannot wait, so my ultimate goal has changed to Hawaii goal as I think I can lose the 13 pounds necessary in a month and a half (or I can get pretty darn close).

Hey Tyra - Congrats on the exercise. I know what you mean about cooking, I started out cooking but now I'm basically addicted to it.

Hey Soon - Sorry your family is being such a drag! I'm proud of you for getting your hair done and treating yourself!

Ruth - I think it's key to atleast fake it till you make it, even if you don't FEEL like exercising or eating healthily just making yourself do it it till it's a routine again, which will prob happen pretty quick since you already go tha mindset!

Cottage - It IS amazing how much exercise can pump you up, probably you're not feeling energetic today cause of the diet yesterday? I know I always feel crappy if eat too much, or eat something bad and am feeling it for a day or so.

Hoosier - that's the word for all of us! Like I was saying for myself on the weekends.

Morning Amelie and Schatzi!

Jana - I'm jealous! I love dancing but have 7 left feet.

Freaky - Nice to see ya even if just briefly. Computers suck!
Old 03-16-2006, 09:07 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 196/187/160

Morning Ladies!

Gotta make this a quick post this morning, the internet police are up and on the move.

Went to the gym yesterday for aerobics! Yay! Although I don't think I will be able to make it. We're under a winter storm warning right now and are supposed to get anywhere from 5-8 inches throughout the day. Ick.

Stayed OP yesterday, I haven't found this to be much of a challenge...however DB's birthday is this weekend...eek...I hope I can keep up my will power! (I may cheat a little for some cake though)

Okay ladies, sorry I couldn't post to everyone today, I'll check back in later this afternoon.

Have an OP day everyone!!

Nicole
Old 03-16-2006, 09:29 AM   #15  

I'm up a half pound this week. I think it is because I had two burgers last night (homemade and lean but still too much). I didn't even really want two. I think I need to take and portion it into patties and freeze each separately so I can only fix the number I want. Brian didn't want his last night so we ended up with extra.

I'm WFH today and have a lot to get done. So far Brian is playing just fine. His fever was still up last night so he is missing most of the Spring Break week at day care. If he's able to go tomorrow, they have a field trip to the aquarium.

With him sick this week, I have not been making it to the gym. I need to try to go today. Next week we have activities almost every night and I won't be able to make it too much.
Closed Thread