Old 03-15-2006, 10:38 AM   #1  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Default Condiments????

I have a question about condiments. I have noticed lately that I have been going over 3 every day. In fact, I am usually around 6 every day. Of course everything I buy is lf, sf, ls. I just wondered if you guys are militant about 3 condiments, and if you think going over is a problem?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:53 AM   #2  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

Katie, I pretty much stick to 2-3 per day. There have been days where I have had 4, probably even 5 (if you count each Tbsp of dressing as 1 C). But generally, I use 2-3 per day.

On the days where I have used more, however, I do write it in my journal, and have never had them comment on it.

I think for me, I'm still so new to the plan (this is my 7th week), so I am still sticking really close to the guidelines.
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:21 PM   #3  

I think i pretty much go over eveeryday and it hasnt seemed to effect my weight loss yet...im still averaging about 3.3 lbs a week..If i have a big salad at lunch then i usually use 3TBSP of dressing and then at dinner if i have steamed veggied i usually use the ICBINB spray......sometimes i have a chocoalate shake and use the choc. syrup too soo bu ththis isnt everyday either...
JAMIE
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:25 PM   #4  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

I don't know-it could affect you-especially if you are close to goal. Most condiments average 20-30cal/serving, so 6 servings would be an extra 120-180 cal/day.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 01:19 PM   #5  

Katie-

I'm always over. I try not to be, but between creamer, splenda, salad dressing (who can just eat 1-2 tbsp of that?? Especially on a big salad.
Plus I love ketchup, cocktail sauce etc, I'm a big dipper...I have actually counted extra salad dressing as a fat, and creamer as a dairy. If I can have the extra mayo, etc. I don't miss the fat. I have also counted 1/2 salsa on a taco salad as a vegetable.

I did wonder too about the cookbook - the recipes have condiments in them, yet they don't count them? Like the sloppy Joe from Turkey - has ketchup, and worchester...???

Hugs,
Ange
pinkflamingo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 01:26 PM   #6  
Katie

Yeah, I noticed that too. Hmmm.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:13 PM   #7  
Princess Heather

I tend to go over the recommended daily allowance when coffee is involved! I am a coffee with cream girl. I haven't noticed it effecting my weight loss. And I must confess, now that my SCOD has new pixie people I don't write down when I go over on the creamer or something. I feel if I am not losing I know where to cut back.
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:18 PM   #8  
PurpleSunshine

I probably go over as well - Of course, it hasn't affected my loss before now - I'm on a plateau now, but I think it has more to do with my "issues" hahahahha......hopefully that is slowly ending!!! I think as long as it is the lf,sf,ls you are okay - just don't splurge too much - but who am I to say - your so much more of a pro at this than me!!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:35 PM   #9  
Katie

Well, some days are better than others. I actually had 4 condiments for breakfast. Eggs with salsa, taco sauce, and ff sour cream. Then coffee with FF creamer. Lunch was condiment free though, so maybe I can get through the rest of the day w/o them, especially since I still have my fat. Am I the only person who gets a giggle out of word "Condiment"? Sorry, I must still be in Jr. High in my heart.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 120

No you not the only one who get a laugh out of the word "condiment" lol. By the way have anyone tried the LA shakes and what are your opinions on the taste .
snoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

I not only 'over-condiment', I also consume:
4 x Vit C chewables -maybe 15 cals each + 2 x calcium chewables= 20 cals ea + 1TB flax = 35 cals.
Yikes! those really add up...but I LOVE my chewables, just like lil' candies YUMMM!
-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:50 PM   #12  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Katie:
I allways do just 3, but when I was doing the plan on Tampa the counselor told me that when she did the diet, a long time ago, it was NO LIMIT on the condiments.
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 07:31 PM   #13  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflamingo68
Katie-

I'm always over. I try not to be, but between creamer, splenda, salad dressing (who can just eat 1-2 tbsp of that?? Especially on a big salad.
Plus I love ketchup, cocktail sauce etc, I'm a big dipper...I have actually counted extra salad dressing as a fat, and creamer as a dairy. If I can have the extra mayo, etc. I don't miss the fat. I have also counted 1/2 salsa on a taco salad as a vegetable.

I did wonder too about the cookbook - the recipes have condiments in them, yet they don't count them? Like the sloppy Joe from Turkey - has ketchup, and worchester...???

Hugs,
Ange
Ange - I agree about the salad dressing thing - I try to use a trick (especially when I dine out and get a salad) that I learned in Jenny Craig years ago - get your dressing on the side, and dip your fork into it before you fork the salad. You still get dressing with every bite, but you'd be amazed at how much less you use (and you tend to take smaller bites, which for me is a good thing). I have to admit, I do this with regular ranch, but have not tried it with a runnier dressing. I buy a fresh salsa (no preservatives) that I use 1/2C as a veggie. I don't think I could convince myself to do that with Pace, or another one of those type of brands (waaaaay to much sodium) but with Rojo's, I am OK with it.

I probably go over, because I like lots of FF cool whip in my smoothies, and 1 TBS is just not enough!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote