Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2001, 09:16 AM   #1  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Night Owls 22~

It was time.....

Don't forget to look at our last thread #21 so as not to miss anything.

Have an awesome day ladies!!!!!!

Last edited by PJ; 10-08-2001 at 07:35 PM.
Old 10-08-2001, 05:38 PM   #2  

Hi Everyone,

I finally got on this thing. I Went to Maine for the weekend again and got back last night. The rest of the time, I have pretty much been glued to the t.v. I just feel awful about everything that has been going on in the world.

Pj, I too am sooooo sad that we didn't get to meet, what a bummer. Like you said it just wasn't in the cards this time. I never did ask, is your van wrecked or fixable? Hope you are all done with the accidents for awhile. Oh yeah send an e-mail to my home e-mail at [email protected] so I have it, somehow it has disappeared and I only have one of your old ones.

Well hello to everyone, gotta boogie.

Bren
Old 10-09-2001, 01:07 AM   #3  
Happy Member

Hey all!

I don't feel like I have much to say, but wanted to stop by and say hi! Last week was a real sucky one.....lots going on. I didn't even go to weigh in. I have to work this Friday, so I don't know if I'll get to WI this week either. The only other day I can go is Sat morn, but I didnt really like that leader, and I hate going and spending the $$ just to stand on the scale and not stay and get motivated. Ah, what to do, what to do?

So far this week isn't as bad, but now my baby (my 2 yr old) is sick and it just better not keep snowballing like last week did!!

Anyway, I don't want to be a downer, so I'll wrap it up here. Though, I DID win a nice basket on auction tonight that made me feel happy-happy! And of course, I checked into chat and my buddies there make me laugh, so that helps too!
So, for my Night Owl Buddies, I'll say goodnight for now. Maybe after a good nights sleep, I'll feel much better. That IS of course, if my son LETS me sleep!

Good night!
Ally
Old 10-09-2001, 09:56 AM   #4  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Ally - I do my WW at home. I come here for all the support I need and do individual e-mails when I'm having a really rough time. Why not team up with me and we'll beat this "battle" together with our weight???!!!!! Don't get discouraged........I'm here for ya....if you want me to be and I'd love to have someone to check in with every day religiously (sp?).......Let me know. K?
Hugs to you and don't be so hard on yourself. You've got a full plate and you're only human. REMEMBER THAT!
Hugs,
Old 10-09-2001, 03:51 PM   #5  

hey owls guess what i like 1lb of being out of the 200's i lost 2.2 this week for a total loss of 94.6 so i now weigh 200 even woohoo that's after the cookies,ice cream, and long john silvers fish and ff's .

ally keep your chin up

do you guys like pumkin here's a recipe i got from the bcb boards

pumpkin angel food cake

12 servings is 3pts per serving
15 servings is 2pts per serving

1 angelfood cake mix
1 can 14/15oz of pumkin
1 cup of water
2tsp of pumkin spice

stir together pour into a 9*13 pan sprayed w/cooking spray and cook on 350 for 15-20 minutes

sounds good doesn't it i thought it would make a good dessert for the holidays that we could eat w/out alot of points

hope everyone is having a good op day
Old 10-09-2001, 10:27 PM   #6  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

ALRIGHT JEN!!!! YOU GO GIRLFRIEND!!!!
Old 10-10-2001, 09:33 AM   #7  
I'm on my way!

Weigh to go Jen! Congratulations!! I was close to being under 200 but got pregnant and gained back alot that I lost! That recipe sounds great and such low points. I am going to try it for sure!!

Good morning PJ!

Where is the rest of the group...
Old 10-11-2001, 04:26 AM   #8  

More therapy for me and I have to drive 45 minutes each way..hope I can do it!

Me and my pumpkins...remember that pictures add 10 pounds!
Old 10-13-2001, 05:39 PM   #9  

Thumbs down doing ww

42,f doing ww,but wants to know what night owls is?Is it a name of a group or what?Also I want diet epals from southern ca.You can write me [email protected]
Old 10-14-2001, 03:20 AM   #10  

Well when I saw the doc he said I could garden and do other stuff as long as I could stand the pain and I thought that was funny cause pain means something is wrong and my new therapist said that if it hurts don't do it or you won't heal! I have to go three times a week for this stuff to work and they don't want me doing much with my arms! Just too much to do!

Picked a nice bouquet of flowers the other day and they are still fresh! No freeze here yet but wet and cold so I have been walking at the mall after my therapy. OK..some shopping too!

I have been searching through my clothes and trying to see what fits so I don't buy what I don't need! Grabbing those hangers is a killer for my arms and of course I am washing a bunch of old clothes up and laundry is hard on me too.

I think my scale is off cause it said I was down 3 pounds and I'm not trying to lose anymore.

My madevilla later in the season, I used some of the flowers in the arrangement cause the wind broke them off!
Old 10-14-2001, 09:33 AM   #11  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Good Morning~

Candice - Your madevilla are beautiful! You really DO have a green thumb. I mean it.....one of these days I'm going to visit you and pick your brain about plants, flowers , etc.
As for you pain. I know what you mean. But as the saying goes..... "use it or lose it". I live with pain on a daily basisi and will NEVER stop trying to find ways to make it go away or atleast lightne up on me. Don't you either. I do know that movement HELPS but I really try to listen to my body and when it hurts TOO much....I take it easy and just relax, watch a movie, read a book or try to bake or cook something that isn't too strenuous on my hands or arms. I don't know if you remember but I had Fibromialgia (sp?) way before I got into my car accident on 2/99. I pretty much had it under contriol (as best I could, meaning I was on a vitamin and rest regimen that really worked for ME) until the accident and now I have my OTHER problems besides my Fibro. So.....what are you to do but just keep plugging away the best we can. I always try to remind myself that there are other people that have MUCH worse problems than I but when I'm having a REALLY bad day.....it seems like I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE. I just want you to know that I really do know how you feel Candice and whenever you really need a shoulder to lean on or cry on or whatever you need at that particular moment......I'm here. If you email me, I'll send you my cell phone number so I could call you. I get unlimited long distance on weekends and after 8pm during
the week. So it wouldn't cost you a thing to talk if you felt like talking.

Last edited by PJ; 10-14-2001 at 09:36 AM.
Old 10-14-2001, 09:52 AM   #12  

Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone is having a good morning. I bought a used digital camera last week and am going to try and post a picture here. I tried a minute ago but it was too big so I think I figured out how to size it down, we will see.

I have been basically maintaining my weight lately staying between 176 & 178, I think it is time to start moving down again. It has been hard since getting back from Disney, ate alot of food down there and it threw me off my diet.

I hope you are all doing well.

Brenda

PS(I deleted the picute that I posted because I did not size it right, told you I didn't know what I was doing, LOL, anyway PJ posted it below much better than I did)
Old 10-14-2001, 09:52 AM   #13  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Me again.......don't know what 's up with the message board this morning but I THOUGHT I just lost my entire post above because when I went to click on the smiley face....it disappeared. So I took a chance and clicked submit and there it was. Oh well.....I tried to fix a typo and couldn't do that either.

As for my WW and weight loss. Dont' know what my weight is but I know I haven't gained. I'm back to weighing myself once a month and I DO feel like I'm doing well but also know that I'm NOT getting all of my water in. So strange too...I'm such a water lover and always have it with me. Just really busy lately I guess and have to try harder to get the water AND fresh veggies and fruits in. Last week, my neighbor gave me some of the bananas off of her tree....they're really small but sweet and very good. I LOVE bananas and I actually had three of them go bad because I didn't eat them.....now I KNOW I'm losing it because I almost ALWAYS have a peice of fruit of something in the car with me when I'm bouncing around. Ok, nuf about me.

Mrs. Chubby - Can I please make a suggestion???? I saw your picture and the name doesn't suit you. I know that from my own perspective on things....it wouldn't make me feel very good with a nickname of Mrs. Chubby. Come on now, try something that will make you feel like you're on your way to the new you As for the NIGHT OWLS. Brenda started this group about 4 (?) years ago. There was only a handful of us at the time who came over here from the original WW site. We mostly consisted of Moms who could not get here until after 9 or 10pm . Thius the name NIGHT OWLS. We somtimes would be chatting until the wee hours of the mornng on ICQ. I don't even have that now. IM is my thing. Heh-heh. Anyway, that's how we got started and have grown ever since. Some of us disappear for months or weeks at a time and then re-appear but that's life. Our families come first and we ALL have been through lifes little dramas now and then. This forum has been a true blessing for me. The people here are all over the states AND Canada and Australia. Don't know if anyone is from Californina.......oh wait......Michele aka ET is from California. She pops in every now and then. The ET stands for my EVIL TWIN.
So that's the story.

Well ladies, I'm outta here. Have a great day.
Hugs,
P.S. here's a picture of Brenda NOW.....look at how thin her face is.
Old 10-14-2001, 10:04 AM   #14  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Brenda - This is tooooo funny. We are DEFINITELY on the same wave length today. I cropped and resized your picture for you and then I came back and saw your post. I have to say though....YOUR picture made you WIDER. MINE is how your original picture came out. <grin>....as Martha Stewart would say...."now that's a good thing".
Love ya,
Old 10-14-2001, 10:15 AM   #15  

Yikes, Yes mine made me wider I did notice that. I am going to take it off and just keep yours on. Thanks

Love
Bren
Closed Thread