Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 02:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/226/150

Question Hydroxycut?

has anybody tried Hydroxycut? with or without caffeine? I was thinking of getting some that don't have caffeine in them, to use in conjunction with my diet and exercise....has it worked or not worked for anybody?
Old 03-14-2006, 03:13 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Check out this thread.

You might want to check supplementwatch.com for the skinny on the active ingredients - you'll note that the evidence for weight loss is pretty sketchy ("may be helpful in weight loss" isn't exactly a ringing endorsement, IMO).
Old 03-29-2006, 09:43 PM   #3  

Thumbs down Heart Pains

I expereinced heart pains when I tried this product. I tried one years ago when i worked as a night auditor for a hotel,and it gave me too much energy! When I finally stopped taking it, I gained the weight back! This year I tried it again and experienced awful heart pains while exercising! I'll never do it again!
Old 04-01-2006, 08:24 AM   #4  
Back Again!

S/C/G: 290/270/180

Height: 5'3"

A friend of mine used it and while it worked for her (she'd lost about 10 pounds in about a month), she also complained of side effects (ansomnia, urge to chatter, dizziness). I was too chicken to take it after that.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:15 PM   #5  
FerretNose

Hydroxycut used to contain ephedrine, several years ago. I used to take it, and it did help me get through a workout or get up and go when I was sleepy. With the ephedrine, I didn't get that caffeine crash later. I don't know what they put in there now- it prbably is caffeine. So I'm naughty- I take mini-thins. they do about whatr the hydroxycut used to do.
Old 04-02-2006, 08:20 PM   #6  
Empress/Queen

Way, way in the distant past (years and years) when I was even more dumb than I am now, I took Hydroxycut, which did indeed contain ephedra. Since I have a slight cardio condition, I have no idea why I'd do that but as I said, I was dumber then ... the reason hydroxycut was so popular in the beginning is that ephedra really does work ... except for the niggling problem of killing people ... like FerretNose, I don't know what replaced the ephedra, probably caffeine ... but I doubt if it's as effective ... still caffeine and other ingredients in the standard over-the-counter diet preparations can be dangerous. Any weight loss benefits are not worth the risk ... why go there?
Old 04-05-2006, 12:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 280/280/200

Height: 5'4

Hydroxycut made me very drowzy.....for like 2 weeks i took it and was extremly tired...i didnt connect them at first cause i hadnt seen any posts about people being put to sleep by it.....I emailed the company to see if it couldnt be connected and there are ALOT of people that get really tired when there are on it....not really a bad side affect but i didnt like it
Old 04-05-2006, 03:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/216/170

I just bought a bottle of the Hydroxycut... I believe it has caffeine. I lost 4 lbs in 2 days but that has to be just water. I only took 3 a day... 1 before each meal. I am not sure if I'll be taking them anymore, not that I felt any side effects, I just know they exist and should've thought this purchase through!
Old 04-09-2006, 08:44 PM   #9  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

i used to use them regularly. i've also used xenadrine, lean system 7. themobol. and sida cordifodia. all had similar effects the first few days lots of water weight loss upto 12lb in some cases. (this returns within a few days after you stop taking them) i suffered some sleepless ness and a feeling of being hot all the time. but yes i did lose weight on them.

one month i took xenadrine hydroxycut and lean system 7 together. (at the same time back in 2003) about 16 pills. i had under 20 hours sleep in the month! i had a resting heart rate of nearly 140. and shook at times quite violently but i did lost over 20lbs. not adivsable to mix them.

i still use them as i maintain i can feel them working when i train. even if it is just a placebo the motivation factor is worth it for me. if you have the disposable income for them then you could try them. but if you dont' have the money you'd probably be best putting it towards organic food or something like that
Old 04-20-2006, 09:16 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/174/165

I took hydroxcut without caffenine a couple years ago. It did seem to help along with my diet and working out alot. And I didnt experience any bad side effects like I do on most other diet pills.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:09 AM   #11  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

I took Hydroxcut before.. it didnt work for me and I exercised with it. It did keep me going, but I would have to take them again because I would crash and burn, I called it "going up". The only thing I ever took that worked for me, and I surprisingly didnt gain the weight back ( which I exercise and eat right) was Thermadrol. But to be honest with you, I am against weight loss pills because I think they do more harm than good. Plus they made me moody.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:19 PM   #12  
Susan hockeyfan7

If you read the bottle, it tells you that it works in conjuction with a proper diet and exercise program. Why not just do the proper diet and exercise program and save your money on the pills?
Old 05-06-2006, 01:52 PM   #13  

I tried the ephedra-free, with caffeine Hydroxycut and it did nothing for me. I did not experience any of the side effects, but I also did not see any weight loss. I think most pills like this are just a waste of money, but I think for some people they might help motivate you if you think they will work. Sort of the placebo effect. I take Dexatrim Max and I find it does suppress my appetite and gives me more energy, but I sometimes I think it works because I think it will work.
Old 05-07-2006, 07:14 PM   #14  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

These types of supplements normally contain ephedra-like substances (not necessarily ephedra, but herbs that act in the same way). You really need to watch out for this, as herbal supplements are NOT regulated by the FDA as they are not considered a food. So, the amounts listed on the box may not match what is inside the tablet. AND, the side-effects of many of the herbal extracts used can be toxic. A prime example is "bitter orange", which sounds harmless (I LOVE oranges) but contains synephrine, which mimics the actions of ephedra, and can cause heart and breathing problems, and INTERACTS NEGATIVELY with lots of doctor-prescribed medications.
Remember that what ever you take now to boost your metabolism is really borrowing energy from your future. When you come off these pills, you will be fatigued, depressed, and WILL regain some (if not all) of the weight you lost. AND, the claims of these pills, WHEN COMBINED WITH PROPER DIET AND EXERCISE, are 1-2 lbs a week. Save the health risks - stick with the diet and exercise. Ditch the pills. There are no easy solutions!
Old 05-15-2006, 11:30 PM   #15  

Default it's making me psycho!!

I just recently started taking Hydroxycut, i eased into it as suggested, but after a couple of days taking the full dosage, well, i had turned into a jekyll and hyde!!! seriously, im generally a very very relaxed, easy going person, but that stuff made me seriously aggro, cranky, anxious, depressed and really tired (from crashing down after the high), i'm surprised my boyfriend hasn't left me. that was all on the weekend..... so now i'm just trying half the dosage and hoping the effects wont be so uncontrollable. it's loaded with caffeine, which i don't drink normally and which you shouldn't have whilst on hydroxy cut. i'll let you guys know how i go over the next few days on the half dosage......
Closed Thread