Old 03-14-2006, 05:28 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #126

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 05:35 AM   #2  

TUESDAY: Today is target Tuesday and our target this week is good mental health. The biggest weight loss battle is in our minds. Do yourself a favor and work on why you eat all the time. I don't mean obsess about it, but it is an ongoing thing that may need a nudge now and then to remind you not to eat out of stress, anger frustration, disappointment, etc.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR AMANDA,HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Julie: Glad your skating went well! Keep up the good work.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today!

Faye
Old 03-14-2006, 01:28 PM   #3  

Hi, ladies - doing well here in VA. Another lovely warm day - but colder tomorrow. Got in a good walk at lunch time. I'm really enjoying the SBD. Good food and I crave nothing. It's also a healthy way for my dh to eat. Got a good report, for a change, at the doctor yesterday. He's eating better and more so hopefully I can get about 25 pounds back on him. He was always a big sweets and chips eater and now he says they taste bad - too sweet! Score one for myside. Still waiting for insurance approval for his surgery. Please pray they'll get this through soon.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 07:00 AM   #4  

$#*@($&# girl scout cookies!!

And that's all I have to say about that.

Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 07:33 AM   #5  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes so let it all out girls!

Julie: Looks like you already did. I guess it is a good thing I don't like GS cookies! My husband likes those nasty peanut butter things and usually buys a couple boxes from the girls in front of Walmarts every year, but I can't stand them so I don't have to worry about eating them. Now if the little buggers were to sell pies, I would be in deep kaka!

Susan: Hope you can get those lbs on hubby so he can have his surgery and everything may get back to semi normal for you guys! You are doing a great job on your weight loss though. Getting close to your all time goal and that is great!

We went to see Curious George with dgs (definitely wasn't my dh's cup of tea but he wanted to be with Thomas) and then we went to dinner at a hamburger type bar/restaurant. We had a good time. That boy is amazing with his reading. He won't be 6 until June and he was looking at the menu and just reading words off it, not sounding out first, just reading them! I knew that he was able to read now, but it amazed me he doesn't have to sound out words, he just has the natural ability to just look at them and know what they are he doesn't even hesitate. He is growing up so fast. His mom says he is multiplying and dividing too!

I better get going gals. I have lots I want to get done again today. It is only 2 weeks until my sister will be here and I still have some big jobs that have to be done on the weekends like carpets shampooed and the painting finished up so I am trying to take an extra job besides my regular daily cleaning on each day. Yesterday was clean the pantry, fridge and freezer, today is clean out all the closets and straighten them up, tomorrow is straighten all the stuff in the kitchen cupboards.

Please keep my sis and bil the Smiths in your prayers. First off they live in the L.A. area of CA so you know what that costs (their 2 bedroom apartment is like $2000 a month) and now it looks like the company my bil works for is going to dump the division he works for, which means he will be out of a job. He is 55, has a management position and no college. So, besides having difficulty because of his age, to get another job he will most likely have to take a huge pay cut because he isn't likely to get another management position with no college. TX

Have a great day gals!

Faye
Old 03-15-2006, 12:20 PM   #6  
It is what it is...

Good afternoon All - I was trying to think if I had a Weds woe and I guess it is the same one I have about this time every month, TOM !!!! Well I guess I will be getting it tomorrow or Friday but I already feel crappy in anticipation, ha ha ... I guess I better get over it as I have many years of it ahead of me ... so that is my woe, I feel kind of headachey and tired ...

Julie - I can also eat alot of GS cookies so do not feel bad, you give me the Tag a Longs or the Samoas and I am in TROUBLE ... good thing there is not that many in a box, huh?

Faye - I have heard that the Curious George movie is good but I do not have any kids so I probably will not be seeing that one, I did really like those books as a kid ... I am glad you had a good time with dg ... I know you do not get to see him that often. I will keep your sis and bil in my prayers, sorry to hear about his job.

Susan - Glad you are doing well on SBD, alot of the girls that I work with enjoy that plan. Here is hoping that your dh can put on some much needed weight.

Amanda - I hope you are feeling better !!!

Well I had another 3 pointer yesterday, got on the scale this morning - which I know not to do during the week of TOM - and it said I was up a pound, since I have not cheated on my program I know it has to be water weight, but just the same I will not be stepping on them again until next week.

Take care all !!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 02:10 PM   #7  
2006 - Panda Remix

Thanks for the birthday wishes Faye - I'm still really pretty ill, it just isn't clearing up and I'm fed up!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 02:21 PM   #8  

Amanda, I hope you go to the doctor - you've been sick too long to be self medicating this. Hope you feel better soon, sorry your birthday was spoiled with illness.

My woe for today - I need to get a crown on a back took - $1,000! I'm thinking about going up to Richmond to the dental college and getting it done there for several hundred less. We really can't afford $1,000 for the dentist right now - or I could just get it out and be done with it.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 05:54 AM   #9  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so get that pedicure, take an hour to read that book, but give yourself just a little YOU time today.

Carri

Amanda: You take care of yourself and get better!

My poor dsis and bil are still partly in the dark. They had a company meeting and my bil had to fire 13 of his 16 employees and since his boss is in Europe until today, the rest of them have to wait to see if they too get the axe. I know she is under tremendous stress, but it is one of those things where all you can do is provide long distance support.

Everyone have a good day today

Faye
Old 03-17-2006, 06:21 AM   #10  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Friday Follies and the folly this week is when you are craving, what is the weirdest food combo you have binged on?

You ladies have a great day and I will peek back later

Faye
Old 03-18-2006, 06:21 AM   #11  

Just bumping us up to the front.

Have a good weekend

Faye
Old 03-18-2006, 02:03 PM   #12  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hello all,

I'm feeling a little better today - so fingers crossed that I'm on the mend at last! If not, I'm definately taking Susan's advice and visiting my doctor! I can't believe how long I've sick for - 3 weeks now, and before that I was pretty run down. I don't want to go through a period like this again, so I'm going to have to start looking after myself better and eating up all my fruit and veggies! I eat alot of veg, but don't bother with fruit so much - but that's where a lot of Vitamin C is.

I weighed myself today and was really pleased to fing that I've not gained any weight -after no exercise and bad food for a week or so. I have definately lost muscle tone though - everything feels more wobbly! That will soon be sorted out with a couple of toning sessions at the gym - I'm thinking of going tomorrow for a really gentle session, but I'll see how I feel when I get up.

Must fly, friend has just arrived.

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 07:40 AM   #13  

Glad you are starting to feel better Amanda. Everyone else have a good weekend.

Faye
Old 03-20-2006, 06:51 AM   #14  

Bleh, what a horrible weekend eating wise...started with Pizza on Friday and ended with Burger King on Sunday....yuck!

Back to normal today! dance and skating and salads--woo hoo!

I'm ready for some of that spring weather any time you gals want to send some up here The sun is sunny and teasing me that it's warm out, but it's still in the 20s and low 30s. We had a warmer January than we are having in March! I know that's why Mainers say you have to get over "March Hill", then you can start looking forward to Spring. At least we're getting more daylight, that helps alot.

Not much going on right now. If you ladies read She Knows Diet & Fitness magazine, I have an article in this month's issue "The Great Sports Bra Road Test"--It's pretty amusing!

TTFN, have a great day everyone!
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 07:26 AM   #15  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is clothing. Throw away old outdate too big clothes. Pick things that are comfortable while you are losing but not baggy. No matter what your size, baggy clothing makes you look worse! Focus on a piece of clothing you are dying to have then set it as a goal in a smaller size!

Hope you all have a perfect day. I am still painting cabinets and I pulled a muscle in my back so it is twinging a lot, which makes it difficult to stretch to paint, but it has to be done.

Faye