South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 09:10 PM   #1  

Default My new favorite MUST HAVE!

My husband looks at me like my ship just landed, but I have fallen hard for angel hair coleslaw. It's a bag of finely shredded cabbage, nothing else added.
I use it in place of spaghetti under sauce or in place of rice under stir-fry. I used to steam it in chicken broth, but now I just use it raw. Easier to clean up, I don't need to drain it.
Even though I am now firmly on phase 2, I still use my angel hair coleslaw. Look, I can either have a half cup of whole wheat pasta or a Huge, Honkin' plate of raw cabbage shreds! I'll take the huge honkin' plate, thank you! And quite frankly, under a strongly flavored pasta sauce, you can't really tell the difference.

Speaking of that, I should post my recipe for Puttanesca Sauce. It's for a rare treat only, when I'm in the mood for something decadent , because it has a TON of sodium from the kalamata olives and the anchovies , but DH loves it. Eat this and you won't have a clue that's raw cabbage underneath, trust me!
Old 03-13-2006, 10:21 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Please DO post that recipe in the recipe section! I had one once that sounds like yours and lost it. I'm a pasta "ho" but want to try it on shredded cabbage.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:45 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life!

What a great idea about the shredded cabbage, I'll try it!
Old 03-14-2006, 11:54 AM   #4  
Bird Nerd

I have never noticed shredded cabbage before - is it easy to find? I will have to keep my eyes out for it. I love cabbage!
Old 03-14-2006, 07:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Yes!! I use that bagged shredded coleslaw mixture all the time, and I love it, too! Now if they would only package spagetti squash that way, it would be a Perfect World!
Old 03-14-2006, 10:12 PM   #6  
I'm In Exile

S/C/G: HUGE/HUGE/Semi-Normal

I'm addicted to it too but with a twist

I sautee a small onion and when its brown, I add the finely shredded cabbage to the skillet and sautee it until it starts to brown and wilt, then I stir in cottage cheese and heat it thru. The cottage cheese starts to melt and I really like this dish A LOT!! Sometimes I cook a few slices of turkey bacon and crumble those on top....I know I'm weird
Closed Thread