Old 03-13-2006, 12:27 PM   #1  
Losing the Weight!

Default Any Ideas?

Help!!! I'm stuck. I've not had much WL in the last three weeks. I go down at one WI duing the week and back up the other two. I'm staying OP, but I just can't get past this 20 pound mark. I'm about ready to give up.

Its really getting pretty depressing. Especially since I'm staying OP and not doing ANYTHING I shouldn't. It does seem like, if I have anything but chicken and salad I have problems. I've been trying to expand and eat different things, but as soon as I do, Up goes the weight.

Any thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks.

Last edited by StargazerJMK; 03-13-2006 at 12:33 PM.
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 12:33 PM   #2  

I think the 20 # mark is a plateau -- for me it was. I sat for weeks and weeks before crossing it. I finally gave up, decided to stop stressing about it, and then it happened. I would also try mixing up your food a little bit, increase your exercise, and try to trick your metabolism into giving up some of those fat cells that it likes to hang on to. Good luck -- don't give up and give in, it WILL happen!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 01:03 PM   #3  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Don't worry Joan, you are just at a plateau, like Christie said. Bob Greene (Oprah's trainer) says that after the body releases a certain amount of pounds, it has to adjust according to that loss. Things like the reduction of blood and hormones, sizes of organs, that kind of thing. It know it is hard, we all dread the day that we hit a plateau. I remember yelling at my COD during the first one for not helping me more. Just stay OP, keep it up, and know that one day soon, the weight will start zooming off again, and be glad, because you have lost enough weight to make your body start taking notice too!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 01:10 PM   #4  
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiesta
I think the 20 # mark is a plateau -- for me it was. I sat for weeks and weeks before crossing it. I finally gave up, decided to stop stressing about it, and then it happened. I would also try mixing up your food a little bit, increase your exercise, and try to trick your metabolism into giving up some of those fat cells that it likes to hang on to. Good luck -- don't give up and give in, it WILL happen!

Thanks. I'm so hard on myself to begin with and now this. (Shaking head). I hope this week will bring a change.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:13 PM   #5  
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl
Don't worry Joan, you are just at a plateau, like Christie said. Bob Greene (Oprah's trainer) says that after the body releases a certain amount of pounds, it has to adjust according to that loss. Things like the reduction of blood and hormones, sizes of organs, that kind of thing. It know it is hard, we all dread the day that we hit a plateau. I remember yelling at my COD during the first one for not helping me more. Just stay OP, keep it up, and know that one day soon, the weight will start zooming off again, and be glad, because you have lost enough weight to make your body start taking notice too!
Thanks Repo girl. I'm really getting frustrated. What you guys say makes sense... its just hard to see this stubborn scale not moving in the right direction. I can't give up, because if I do, then I'll REALLY fail. Its just so hard somedays not to stress about it. ;(
Old 03-13-2006, 01:14 PM   #6  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Joan--sounds like we are in the same boat--misery loves company I guess!! I think I've been overweight for so long my body is putting the brakes on--Geez! We'll get through it together. I totally understand the frustration, especially when we are OP.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 01:33 PM   #7  
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo'sMom
Joan--sounds like we are in the same boat--misery loves company I guess!! I think I've been overweight for so long my body is putting the brakes on--Geez! We'll get through it together. I totally understand the frustration, especially when we are OP.

Yep, I feel you're pain... Its like I do everything right and nothing for my efforts or at least a minor gain. I have to keep telling myself I didn't put this on in a day and it won't come off in a day or a week or even a month. Sigh. I'll just have to keep plugging along... frustrating though it may be.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:37 PM   #8  
Katie

Joan and Boosmom- So sorry you guys are feeling this way. I think that "plateau" must be the dirty word of the dieting world. Hope it breaks soon!
Old 03-13-2006, 02:08 PM   #9  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Thanks Repo--you are always so kind. I am going to remain OP til we get to Dallas, then just do the best I can while on "vacation".

Last edited by Boo'sMom; 03-18-2006 at 06:28 PM.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:42 PM   #10  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Don't give up girls! This is to cheer you up:
First a big , some energy so you don't give up, a for all the weight that you have lost and a lot of . Some of the girls here said "don't let the scale rule your life" You girls are doing great!!
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 06:23 PM   #11  
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad7775
Don't give up girls! This is to cheer you up:
First a big , some energy so you don't give up, a for all the weight that you have lost and a lot of . Some of the girls here said "don't let the scale rule your life" You girls are doing great!!

THANKS. I need a bit of a cheering section right now. Its hard not to let the scale rule your life at some point.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:30 PM   #12  
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl
Joan and Boosmom- So sorry you guys are feeling this way. I think that "plateau" must be the dirty word of the dieting world. Hope it breaks soon!

Thanks Repo Girl. I'm sure it will, its just hard to deal with at the moment.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:36 PM   #13  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Joan:
I know is hard, but is better when you look at your ticker, and see the weight that you started and look where you are right now, and you know that soon that ticker will keep moving until you reach your goal! Don't give up!
IN CASE THAT YOU NEED MORE CHEER there goes good vibes
:
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 06:52 PM   #14  
Katie

Milca- You are adorable!
Old 03-13-2006, 07:11 PM   #15  
Losing the Weight!

Repo Girl, that DID cheer me up. I'll just keep plugging away.
Thanks a million.