Old 03-12-2006, 11:00 AM   #1  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Wink Bowel movement (excuse me for the tittle)

Hello:
I have my doubts to post this thread but we are all adults and I know the tittle of the thread is kind of weird but everybody goes to the bathroom and we all do what we gotta do(you know what I mean). Since I started on the diet I don't go so frequently to the bathroom and I know is because we are not eating that much like before. I know the center have a tea to help you stimulate and eat high fiber veggies helps too, but I would like to know if there's another thing that we can use that doesn't affect in the diet.
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 11:06 AM   #2  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

S/C/G: 262/182/160

I had that problem too. Actually I still do. Others on here have said to use baked apples. I tried that and it didnt help me.I know there is other things they have told me but cant think of them right this moment. For me, walking helps move things along.Oh and tuna helps me. No clue why but it does.
angelica1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 11:18 AM   #3  
milkyway

After I exercise I allways go to the bathroom, but is been two days (excuse me for been so specific) and I'm worry because that never happen to me before. I am going to drink some coffee to see if it helps.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:29 AM   #4  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

S/C/G: 262/182/160

Coffee used to help me but I quit drinking it(couldnt add a ton of sugar and cream )when i started LAWL.Maybe try some prune juice if you can stand to drink it. Dried prunes are not too bad but the juice is just yuck!!
angelica1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 11:42 AM   #5  

I had that problem at the beginning too. I talked to my COD, they said that you can hold up to 4 pounds in your bowels! Scary!! I took laxatives a couple times, but that wasn't the most comfortable solution I was told to try prunes. They definitely work, but I didn't want to eat prunes every day. I have been eating fresh berries for my fruits and haven't had a problem since. Strawberries seem to be the best for it.

I took some fish oil vitamins (can't remember the name of them) that I got from the COD. BIG waste of money! They didn't do anything for me but empty some money out of my wallet.
ConnorsMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 11:59 AM   #6  
milkyway

Connorsmum:
I believe that the name of the vitamins are EFA and you are 100% right. I been drinking them and they are just a waste of money, I am not going to buy them anymore...I am going to tell DH to pick some prunes and strawberries when he come back from work. Thank You
Old 03-12-2006, 12:00 PM   #7  
Determined

I used to work on a postpartum unit and we made this gross stuff called "witches brew" to help people go. It was prune juice, a little oj and sprite mixed together and warmed up. Exercise and caffeine can also stimulate you....
happydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 12:16 PM   #8  
milkyway

Thanks happydaisy If I don't go today I will try your "witches brew" but It sound so scary to drink... Thanks!
Old 03-12-2006, 03:15 PM   #9  
Karen

I go MUCH better when I have fresh spinach (as a salad) for lunch and/or dinner. Two cups MOVES me every morning after breakfast. Also, red meat affects me and I'm not as MOVED in the mornings. :-)
ksdiogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 10:31 PM   #10  
milkyway

MARY AND KSDIOGI:
Thank you!!
Old 03-12-2006, 11:00 PM   #11  

Best advice, take in Benefiber or Metamucil. It won't affect ur diet cause even if it has some calories it should be very very low. There are also fiber tablets which can be chewed on like candy.
tobetheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 11:06 PM   #12  
milkyway

tobetheman:
I thought on buying metamucil but I was scared on drinking them because Idon't want to affect the diet, also Ihave Herb lax from Shaklee but I don't know if Ican use them. Anyway thanks for the advice I really appreciated it!!
Old 03-13-2006, 12:03 AM   #13  

I was just diagnosed with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) last week. I have been on LAWL for about 8 mos and will start stabilization this week. I know the diet has been a factor, but it also runs in my family and after having 3 kids, the insides aren't working to their potential.

Anyway - other than the prescription that I was given, I was also told to take Metamucil (I can take capsule form, and I bought some w/ extra calcium) - my dr prefers this to the other kinds like FiberOne or Benefiber, just due to the phyllius fiber, or something like that. I was also told to take Acidopholus everyday - or eat yogurt. So those things you can get OTC and will NOT affect your diet at all. Dr also said to drink at least 64 oz of water a day and exercise. I've been doing that for awhile, and it hasn't helped, but I can see how it would help someone not doing it to begin with.

I'm also taking Zelnorm (prescription) - dr said to take it for about a month and see how it works and maybe that will be enough to get my intestinal tract healthy and moving on its own.
slimmerKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 08:41 AM   #14  

rad,

In Jerry Seinfeld's first book he wrote about how every time he goes to a book store he has to go to the bathroom. My husband and I found this to be so very funny since we both found it to be so very true.

Of course you don't want to run to the book store every morning, but for some ridiculous reason (yes, I warned you it was absurd), if I get on the computer when I get up in the morning and start doing some searches etc, and surf, it instantly has a laxative effect. No logic, but it works. I always bring my laptop on vacations and never have a problem. I too have IBS, but don't take any of the meds so long as I have my computer around. :-)

Good luck.
pseudomargot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:46 AM   #15  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Milca, I am suprised by how many of us have IBS! So do I. Coffee every morning helps me, as does exercise and the EFA tablets from the center. I CANNOT tolerate soda pop, anytime, ever. FYI, my center said that if you use metamucil or one of those, you have to count it as a starch. Not that I would....
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote