Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 10:01 PM   #1  
Melissa

Arrow Getting Healthy Shortly on Core Board 40!

OK, I know it's cheesy, but it's all I could come up with!!
Old 03-11-2006, 10:06 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

It works for me! Just think how difficult it's going to be when you have to come up with a rhyme for Core Board #100. Better start thinking now...
Old 03-11-2006, 10:08 PM   #3  

Vickie, MIL made one of those pinto bean cakes at Thanksgiving. I ate a little piece and it wasn't too bad. Wasn't too great from what I remember, but wasn't too bad either. I thought I would experiment on the folks who'll eat absolutely anything. Typical office people ... I could bring in sauteed leaves and sticks, and I do believe some of them would eat it and go back for seconds.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:09 PM   #4  
Melissa

Maybe we should just start naming them "Core Board #41" and so on. I'm just not that creative.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:15 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

I think you come up with great names.

See you all in the morning.....and I hope it's later than 2:30 am!
Old 03-12-2006, 06:50 AM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Well, I made it until 5:15 so at least that was 6 hours.

We could do weekly chat threads instead of our numbered chat boards since it really isn't a board by itself anyway. We could give them cute names weekly....or not. It doesn't bother me how long they get because I have broadband and use "view last post" at the top of the thread each time. It must be awful for those with dial up though. Maybe we'd have more folks join in with our day to day chats if the thread was changed each week. If we don't give it a cute name each week then we should give the thread a really descriptive name so that folks know that this is the thread where we hang out every day. Just a thought building on what Melissa and Kathy said last night.

Melissa, I can't wait to hear more about the house. Is Aaron as excited as you are?

Kathy, you are TOO funny! I bet they'll snarf that cake right up. What does it get frosted with?

I have no errands or outside the house stuff planned today. I'm not as sore or sick as I was yesterday so I think I'll finish cleaning the upstairs. I just have pledging, windexing, and vacuuming upstairs.

Cassie has an ultrasound on Monday morning and I'm a bit nervous about that. She LOVES to eat and cannot have anything after 8:00 tonight except water. Have you ever told a Scottie she can't eat. Ugh. We take her in at 7:30 Monday morning.

At least I have dinner planned for today so that will take some worry out of it. I'll go post a menu thread.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Good morning Vickie. Getting up so early makes for a long day, hope it is a relaxing one for you. I just have a little laundry to do today. Bernie promised to vacuum sometimes this week.

Lost the sun this morning, but it will be mild, which will continue to melt the snow. I won't be going out if it stays this way. I don't have a car today, cause we let ds have it for the weekend. He had to choose between traveling and a car, and he chose traveling. He get's his friend's mom's car sometimes too.

Okay, bbl to see how everyone is doing
Old 03-12-2006, 08:52 AM   #8  

Happy Sunday morning all! I had a great time yesterday. It was actually fun helping out a the piano contest since I didn't have to worry about competing! Clothes shopping was fun too. I got a bunch of stuff for dd #1, who is outgrowing/staining all her clothes. And I got a few things for me too. Of course, my house is a wreck now, but oh well. My sister just got a motorcycle too. It scares me silly to think of her driving it on the highway all the way back to her city, but she wears all the protective gear and is very safe. Still! Oh well, not my life.

I hear little dd yelling from her bed, so I'll be off.

Later!
Angela
Old 03-12-2006, 08:58 AM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Saundra, your day sounds nice and peaceful....even with the laundry. We are sunny now but that's not supposed to last. We're going to have rain for the next 3 days. I guess that's the price of spring!

Angela, you do sound like you had fun. I'd be worried about my friends or relatives on bikes too. Car drivers are not careful. I'm sure it was fun for you to shop in smaller sizes.

Well, time for breakfast!
Old 03-12-2006, 11:02 AM   #10  

Back from church! I've changed into my gym clothes but won't go until noon. When I get back, I'll make the cake. It's a bundt cake and has no frosting. It's a very dense cake, sort of like a heavy spice cake without the spice. Some of the recipes have diced apples but mine doesn't. We'll see how they like it.

And fortunately, I made a whole lot of pinto beans so guess what I can have for lunch this week? I love cooking ahead and knowing what I'm going to have; it cuts down on the agony the night before when I'm trying to pack my lunch.

I hope everybody's having a great Sunday! Take it easy!
Old 03-12-2006, 01:47 PM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow....quiet again!

Kath, congratulations on going to the gym. I'm guessing you're there now. The cake actually sounds good. I like planning ahead too. That's partially why Core has been relatively easy for me.

I just stopped in for a visit. I don't know if I can be back later. Enjoy your day!

Last edited by Vickie; 03-12-2006 at 04:02 PM.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:05 PM   #12  

Will try this again.
Boy am I ever having a time trying to post on here.
Yesterday I couldnt get on at all. It kept telling me I was doing a illegal operation. And even this morn it kept telling me that. I even typed in the 3 fat chick e-mail address. And kept telling me that.
And them I just posted. ANd it tells me I am not logged in. And it says right here that I am.
We didnt go to church today. Hubby isnt feeling well. Has a real bad headache, chest is hurting and having trouble walking. Want to take him to the ER. But he said no. They wont do anything for me. So am just keeping a eye on him. Is sleeping alot.
I managed to walk 1 mile this morn. Then got caught in a rain storm. Got soaked. Didnt mind the rain. But sure didnt like the lightening.
I walked 2 miles yesterday morn.
I see we have a new board. I will go back and read the post here in a little bit. But just wanted to check in. I sure did miss you ladies. I was so upset. I couldnt get on. I really needed to get on here. Needed some motivation.
And you ladies are wonderful about that.
Well I will get off here for now. See if I can send this. I am thinking of all of you. Sure hope everyone is doing ok.
Have a wonderful day.
coco
Old 03-12-2006, 04:08 PM   #13  
Southside White Sox Fan

Coco, I'm sure sad to hear that your DH is not well. He definitely needs some help. But, I understand his not wanting to go to the emergency room. Jim hated it there too. I wish I could help you with your computer troubles. I'm thinking it might be your computer and not the 3FC site. Do you have any young teens/young adults in your life who are good with computers? It seems like you might need to get some old stuff off of your computer to help it run better. If I lived in your town, I'd come by and try to help you. I don't think it's anything you're doing wrong. I think your computer needs tinkering with. Good Luck at weigh in tomorrow and huge congratulations on all your exercise. I got quite a bit myself this week. We'll see if it makes a difference for me tomorrow morning.

We got all caught up on TV so I thought I stop in here to see what was going on. Since I'm all caught up here too I think I'll go have a bubble bath and read one of my romance novels. I'm still having significant discomfort so I'm going to ask my Internist to do another dip test and urine culture to make sure that I don't have a bladder infection. Sigh. I cannot possibly tell you how sick I am of this situation. I've added eggs and eggbeaters to my list of susicious items. The Niece tells me that when she eats lettuce and eggs or eggbeaters, she gets symptoms similar to mine. I had eggs twice yesterday and once today. The other day when it started I blamed the splenda, but maybe it was the eggbeaters. I'm SO tired of trying to diagnose myself.

And you all must be sick of me too. SOOOOOOO sorry!

Melissa, I CANNOT wait to hear from you!
Old 03-12-2006, 04:55 PM   #14  

No, Vickie, we aren't sick of you! I'm sure you're sick of feeling bad though.

I went to the gym and did my thing there. Talked to my mom on the phone for a while and my dad isn't doing that well. His BP was 66/40 one day last week, she took him to the ER, they ran a bunch of tests but found nothing. The pain is just terrible and the doctor won't give him anything else, so tomorrow when they go to PT she's going to insist that they do something. It has been 3 weeks since surgery and he's no better. IMO, they let him go too soon but what do I know?

I'm about to go make my cake, start dinner, and do a few loads of laundry. At least there are a lot of good things on TV tonight! Last thing I'll do is make our lunches and get to sleep by 11:00 (I hope) because I need to be at work by 7 each morning and work 10 hours in order to meet a little deadline.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:03 PM   #15  

Command decision: no cake tonight. They might be spoiled and expecting it tomorrow morning, but that just adds to the mystery that is "me." I'm too darn tired.

I'm off to make dinner, clean up the kitchen, fold clothes, wash and dry my hair, and get ready to watch some major TV tonight. Everything else can wait.
Closed Thread