South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 09:49 PM   #1  

Default P1 start Sat. and I mean it this time!

Okay all, I have been on the yo-yo south beach diet, and I have decided once and for all that if I really want to let go of ten pounds then I have to do it and stick with it even if it takes time. I will be satisfied with a 1-2 pound loss per week, and I will write down what I eat every day. I will plan ahead so that I always have P1 friendly foods at hand and ready to go. Anyone else starting P1 soon?
Old 03-10-2006, 11:58 PM   #2  
Pirate

I am starting tomorrow! Too bad I kicked off my "night before it all ends" with a giant bowl of noodles and sticky buns. So good... Anyway, phase I-day I starts tomorrow for me with a trip to the gym at 10:30! I hope I wake up in time for some breakfast but we'll see. Tomorrow night is drinks with my best friend from school so hopefully I can just make it with water or diet soda! I need to plan better too, you sound ready to go though! Good luck.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:59 AM   #3  

Don't feel bad about the noodles, I seem to have eaten the same thing "the night before" also!
Old 03-11-2006, 10:08 AM   #4  
I'm In Exile

S/C/G: HUGE/HUGE/Semi-Normal

Planning is the key. Also make sure you have a variety of foods. Check the recipe section for new ways to make things so you don't get bored. There are some very easy and tasty recipes that really helped me make it thru P1. I just finished week 1 of P2 so I feel your pains and struggles. Hang in there, you can do this!!!
Old 03-11-2006, 10:30 AM   #5  
It's 2014, I need help!

S/C/G: 298/298/180

Good Luck with starting today! I finished phase 1, but started slacking towards the end. So I'm thinking that on monday I'm going to start back up on phase one. It does get easier, so if you're finding it a bit difficult the first couple days, just remember why you're doing this!
Old 03-11-2006, 11:09 AM   #6  

I'm starting P1 today as well, but with a small caveat... I don't think I physically can do absolutely no-carb for two weeks, due to a low blood sugar problem. I'm going to try it out today and tomorrow, because I have no exercise planned for these two days, and see how I feel. If I get my hypoglycemic symptoms back, I'm going to have to eat a little fruit during the day or something. But for now I'm just going to make sure I eat some good beans/lentils during the day, hopefully that will provide enough carb. to keep me going! (I make really good lentils, but the trick will be not eating it with rice.....)
Old 03-11-2006, 11:45 AM   #7  

Haha, shoot, I just realized I put a little milk in my eggs this morning -- not so P1. Old habits die hard
Old 03-11-2006, 04:53 PM   #8  

you can have milk britomart!
Old 03-11-2006, 05:05 PM   #9  

Okay, I am going to post my first day of P1 eating.

B- 2 egg omlet with spinach, canadian bacon, and fat free sharp cheddar (yum) and coffee

S- none (ate breakfast mid-morning as I slept later than normal)

Lunch- Salad with romaine lettuce, feta cheese, a little parmesan, and grilled chicken. Italian dressing. (had to meet hubby for lunch, so cheese was probably full fat but I am okay with that)

S- 5.5 oz of Spicy V8 (much better than regular) and 1/2 c Cottage Cheese

D-Planning on grilled salmon, baked white beans from recipie forum, and red and yellow pepper strips. Possibly a side salad.

So, all in all, should be an okay day other than the full fat cheese at lunch that really couldn't be avoided. I tried to push most of it to the side, so I really didn't consume that much of it.
Old 03-11-2006, 06:30 PM   #10  
Pirate

Well, Phase I has kicked off well, I think. I overslept through breakfast (I know.. I always do. I have to stop that!) and then I hit the gym with my friend and I did 10 minutes of cardio to warm up before doing arms and legs. It was fun. I got a new MP3 player so I spent a lot of time sticking songs that amp me up in there.

When I got home I had some sunflower seeds for a snack (I love these things) and I that they take me longer to eat because I have to snap them open.

I got a salad for lunch with tons of baby spinach and cucumbers and some olives.

For dinner, I just finished a piece of swordfish (on sale! ) and asparagus and broccoli, while Tatsuya had corn and brocc. He's not a greens fan. He also slathered his fish in teriyaki sauce

I have a huge translation project due monday for a small business that's branching out and it's eating up most my time.. This is where it's hard not to eat a candy bar instead of stopping to make a healthy snack.

Gym again tomorrow! So, hopefully, I can stick it out this time. I know I have to. For myself.

You ladies sound like your doing great! We can do this!
Old 03-12-2006, 03:14 PM   #11  

I know most don't care what I eat, but it helps me be accountable if I post it...

B-2 egg omlet with spinach, canadian bacon, and ff sharp cheddar, coffee
S-none- in church
L- Steak salad with ff cheddar and walden farms sugar free balsalmic dressing (which is very good might I add)
S-not sure yet, will update
D-not sure yet, will update
Closed Thread