South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 01:13 AM   #1  

Default The Weekend Chatter - March 11 & 12

I might as well start this since I'm waiting in Helpdesk **** right now. I reset my password on 15 servers the other day and forgot to synch up 1 domain password. So tonight I entered the new password three times and locked up the account. I call the helpdesk that should handle it (India) they route me to second level (Brazil) who tries to send me to another helpdesk with a routing sequence that doesn't include this type of reset and tried to send me to the system administrator who is the one who told me to call the first helpdesk! I just want to check out my servers and go to bed. I never had this problem when the helpdesk was here! Ok, he just gave me the pager of a U.S. guy and he's going to do the reset. I may get to bed yet!

Oh, someone asked about the scallop linguini recipe so I posted it in phase 2 entrees. I was really good. I added half a bag of spinach to the original recipe and think I'll try a whole bag next time.

Last edited by Barb0522; 03-11-2006 at 01:23 AM.
Old 03-11-2006, 01:42 AM   #2  

Password is reset, servers are verified and I'm heading to bed! Talk to y'all tomorrow.
Old 03-11-2006, 06:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/150/129

Happy weekend everyone! I have the whole weekend off (rare for me), so I'm going to the farmer's market this morning to get all kinds of healthy veggies. I need to get back ON PLAN. I have not only been eating poorly but have not exercised at all. Thus I had to move my ticker to the left!! horror of horrors.

But when I have lots of veggies around, especially when I prepare them before I need them, I do well on plan. It's reassuring to read this board and see that others do stuff like eat lemon cake ( ) and then just get back on plan without beating themselves up. If I keep up with the cravings I'll have to go back to Phase I.

Beach I'm glad your dh is doing better. You are lucky to be in the Boston area. Brigham Womens saved my mother's life (literally) after a very severe heart attack 20 years ago. She and my dad just got back from a cruise two days ago!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
Old 03-11-2006, 07:07 AM   #4  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good morning, Barb and Maureen. I'm so happy. My house is all nice and clean. I did a spring cleaning yesterday. Threw out a bunch of stuff and cleaned things like windows and blinds. Now all I have to do today is spiff up the bathroom and do some laundry. I plan on working on a take home exam for a few hours today also. My bf's plane gets in at 5 so I have all day to futz around.

Tomorrow night I'm having friends over for dinner and am making all OP food. I'm making a baked ziti with soy sausage, roasted cauliflower with olive oil and pine nuts, and steamed broccoli. I'm not sure what to do about bread. I'm sure they'll want some but I couldn't find any ww stuff to serve. I may take a trip to Kroger and see what they have there.

Well, have a wonderful weekend, chickies!
Old 03-11-2006, 08:31 AM   #5  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Morning Chicks! It looks like it's going to be a beautiful day here in my little corner of the world. Going to run some errands this morning, then hopefully enjoy the rest of the day. I think cleaning can wait until tomorrow when it's suposed to be raining.

Barb - I hope you're getting a chance to sleep in right now.
Maureen - Have a great time at the farmers market. I can't wait for ours to start opening up.
Pearshape - Have a great weekend and enjoy your dinner!
Old 03-11-2006, 08:31 AM   #6  

Default Good Morning

Sounds like the weekend plans are in full force. My husband was off last night which is very rare. We took the boys to see Shaggy Dog. That was a cutier movie then I had antipicated. ALso it is 8:30 and they are still alseep. Not sure how with all my coughing. I still don't feel well but dh has been helping with the kids so that is great. I wish I could knock this cold I have so much I need to do around the house. Chris is off tomorrow not sure what we will do yet. Hopefully take the kids to see Curious George. Don't tell the kids but I really want to see that. I loved Curious George when I was little.
Still on plan, cheated a little last night but will get right back on plan today. Finally lost the 2 lbs I have been loosing and gaining for a month. Want to keep going this time. WEll all hope you have a great weekend.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:09 AM   #7  

Ahhhhh it's a loverly Spring Morn!!!!! sooo Many posts to catch up on..

lets see First to BB and DH! Sooooo Glad DH is going to be okay darlin!

Barb: Thanks fer startin us up! You're probably sleeping soundly right now! grrrr outsourcing..I've had nothin but aggggggrivation with it!

Crocky:
How ja do on that Math exam???

Maureen: :Welcome3: to the daily Chick Chat

Pearseydew:
Dinner sounds ABCDElish!! Hoping you and DBF have a wonderful time reconnecting!! ( Theo/Wallace/Cecil/Percy and Alfredoooo)

Kelly:
Enjoy!!!

Mamahulk:
on your 2 pound loss!!
Sarah is off hugging trees...and Ckb is off to the races!!!!
Hoosiermom: hope you had a loverly anniversary
Weezie: good luck on interviewing at Motherhood.. I know something will come thru for ya!!!

ScrappinRn!!

Lindy, Soon, Cottage.. Well I'm now a Curvy Chick tooo! I went to my first workout this morning and loved it!!!! I opted for month to month to see if my enthusiam continues.. The ladies were all very helpful no pelvic thrusters in the bunch soon or Tongue lady!! Soon..have you put your Avon books in Curve or area hair salons? Just a thought...

a BIG to all you other BOOOODACIOUS CHICKAS!!! HERE's TO AN OP KINDA DAY!!!!

Ok gals.. CAWFEEEE IS A BREWIN and It's time to get out in the dirt and play!

Have a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2006, 09:25 AM   #8  
South Beach Life Style

Well last night I went to a banquet, for the National Wild Turkey Federation, Women in the Outdoors, $20 per plate, and $25 for your yearly subscription to Women in the Outdoors (WITO) by joinin at there banquet, that gives you what they call an early bird, which they give you $75 free of raffle tickets, I won two things, A Mallard duck figure, and a candle holder, I stayed OP had Green Beans and Salad,, and drank water,, even though there was a bar there, and I was surrounded by beer drinkers.. ... It was a fun night though. Alot of my friends were there, just chatted the entire night........

I passed my math test,,, not sure what with ,, just know I gotta thumbs up from the teacher,,,, shewwwwwwwwww.......

Take Care All
Old 03-11-2006, 09:26 AM   #9  
Saved by the Grace of God

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5'6"

Red face I was naughty

Ok, I was bad last night with dinner, but not as bad as I could have been. We went to Golden Corral convinced that we could stay OP at a buffet. I was good for the most part, but I did have one of their yummy rolls that was placed in front of my face. And to make matters worse, I smothered it in the honey spread. YUM YUM! I figured it was a special occasion and if it messed me up too much, I'd just stay on phase one a little longer.

Well, expecting a turn in the wrong direction, I stepped on the scale and LOST ANOTHER POUND! I'm so happy!!!

All y'all with beautiful spring weather, enjoy it. It's pouring down rain with the occasional t-storm here. I'm just waiting for the house to lift off of it's foundation and float away. I should be working out today. I kind of blew it off the last couple of days. Just didn't have the energy. But now it's all dark and dreary. Great weather to just curl up under a blanket and read.

Toodles everyone!
Old 03-11-2006, 09:42 AM   #10  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

morning grils!! yesterday was soo beautiful and I got to wear shorts all day-glorious!

Today's supposed to be nice too and we've got to go to my 5 yr old first t-ball clinic and from there rush over to his tae kwon do green belt test, phew then we can just chill out and enjoy the day..

My personal trainer is insane and now i was like I've been riding a horse for week, lol
Old 03-11-2006, 10:04 AM   #11  
I'm In Exile

S/C/G: HUGE/HUGE/Semi-Normal

Good Morning Beachies!!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Saturday I'm working most of the day but going out to an all you can eat crab leg dinner with my hubby and a big group of friends. I will eat the salad and crablegs, pass on the potato and bread.

Sunday is a day for my hubby. He has been wanting to go and watch a Civil War reinactment since we moved to the states and for one reason or another we haven't been able to go. There is one about an hour up the coast from us and we are planning to go.

I'm still staying off the scales until Monday but I don't feel like I've lost. I think I added too much fruit and grain back into my diet too quickly. I tried to go back to almost the levels I was at before I fell off the wagon after Thanskgiving....HUGE mistake, I'm just not sure how to correct it? I'm going to try just one grain and one fruit a day for a week and see how that goes.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:35 AM   #12  

Morning Girls

Well the predicted snow never came during the night . Looked out at the deck through the pounding rain this morning and it was covered in slush I was sort of hoping for a dusting of snow; we don't get to see that kind of thing very often in California and snow to us is kinda pretty. Guess, I will just clean the house it is so nasty out. Probably will run over to Curves after breakfast though...been bad and only gone once this week. Then I'd love to hop a tanning bed and get toasty.

Barb-Don't ya just love tech support?? Hope you're getting some good sleep now.

Maureen-I love going to the farmers market every Saturday. I almost bet ours is closed today though with this cold nasty rain.

Pear-I'm envious that you got a spring cleaning in..I'm lucky just to get my weekly once over in. Keep saying I'm going to tackle my linen closet so the towels aren't all bungled up Have a great visit with DBF.

Schatzi-Glad you liked Curves. Have fun gardening. I have weeds that need pulling...maybe I'll luck out and this rain will stop tomorrow??

Bat-Sore legs? Been there where you have the class or training session from ****. It doesn't feel like it now but, it'll be worth it in the end.

Big Hi and Happy Saturday to everyone else!!

Off to fix breakfast.

Sue
Old 03-11-2006, 12:01 PM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone! I slept in until 10 today! WOO HOO! I'm feeling really good, too. Today is going to be a hard day because I'm going to lunch with my friend Abdul who's in town this weekend and there's not much there that I can eat and be healthy. I'm going to see if he'll split my tater tots with me or something. Grilled cheese is about the healthiest thing they have there. Then after lunch I'm going to a party that's going to have sweets and cheese trays. They're having a chocolate fountain (I gave up chocolate for lent) and all kinds of yummy treats, and the cheese tray is my nemesis. Hopefully they have a veggie tray too, otherwise I don't know what I'm going to do. Ugh. I'M NEVER GOING TO LOSE ANY MORE WEIGHT!

After the party, I'm going to come home and work out. I'm hoping the severe storms that we're supposed to have don't come through here. It's supposed to be 74 today. I would LOVE to go running. I just don't think it's going to happen though.

Well, not much to report over here. I need to get ready to go so I can go tanning and meet Abdul for lunch. Talk to you all soon!

Lisa
Old 03-11-2006, 12:18 PM   #14  
Lovin' Life!

Hi Everyone! It's a gorgeous, mild day here in CT. I did an early workout (The Firm's Jiggle Free Arms and Jiggle Free Buns)...and soon the kids and I plan a walk, probably by the beach.

Sat. nights my DH cooks for us...we send the kids to their room with their snacks and we have a nice dinner and watch a movie. Not sure what he's making for tonight yet but it's usually some fish or beef, or something that I can work with phase 2.

Have a great day all!
Old 03-11-2006, 12:31 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 177/154/135

Hi Everyone. We went to Don Pablos last night. All 6 of us. It was really fun. My 2.5 year old kept hugging my neck and you could just tell she was so happy! (We don't get out much! LOL!)
I got chicken fajitas, did not eat the rice, and only ate one tortilla but lots of guac, beans, cheese, chips and salsa and chicken. SO GOOD. Then I helped eat the Chocolate volcano cake for my sons b-day! I have got to be really good now for awhile.
I had eggs for breakfast and I'm going to have grilled chicken and roasted vegetables for dinner.
I have been doing laundry and cleaning and hope to scrapbook later when I get enough stuff cleaned up. It is rainy and grey here. My hubby is out running errands and I'll enjoy having him around later.
Both boys will be gone this evening so we'll only have the little girls. I rented a movie for us called Flightplan with Jody Foster. There are lots of movies I want to see. I never saw the 2nd Zorro movie and I LOVED the first one. We also got a movie called Radio with Cuba Gooding Jr. that is supposed to be really good.
Tomorrow is church and then work at the Y until 4:00.
Closed Thread