Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 01:00 PM   #1  

Default Is there Anything out there to Help me :-D

A little background information: I have always beening medical defined has "heavy", but I have also always been very physical activity 1 to 2 hours of excercise daily, on the weekends it can be upwards of 4 to 6 hours of excercising.

Anyhoo, I got pregant, had a baby nursed for 2 1/2 years, and never really lose any weight. I was ot really trying to ose weight either. I was walking 30 to 45 minutes daily, swimming and bicycle during that time, but not anymore then a few times a week.

I have had all the test ran, and listen to my doctor tell me he really could not help. Because there is nothing medical wrong, just need to increase my excercise and decrease my calories down to 1200

Anyhoo, my normal day is 30 minutes of aerobics, 20 minutes of stretching in the am and pm, Bicycle a min of 3 mile at the rate of 10 MPH, pulling 69 pounds of weight daily,

curves 3X week for 45 minutes.

I currently live off of granola and yogurt, spinach and grilled chicken breast, bananas, apples, oranges and water

Andf I am not losing anyweight, I am 5'3 200 pounds, does anybody know of diet supplements or anything, that made them lose weight....

I am going insane :-D
Old 03-10-2006, 01:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

How long have you been doing this ... 1200 calories, I mean.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I agree..exactly how long have you been doing 1200 calories a day, and are you measuring out your portions exactly?
Old 03-10-2006, 06:41 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8

Have your thyroid tested. The exact thing happened to me, and turns out I have "sub-clinical hypothyroidism" which means that even though my thyroid levels are in the "normal" range, I was experiencing symptoms, which, once I started taking Synthroid, have gotten much better, the most significant being weight loss. In the past eight years, no matter what I have done, I have gained 10 pounds a year, and could not lose anything, no matter how hard I tried, and trust me, I tried. I had other symptoms too- achiness, joint pain, intolerant to cold, and depression, all of which went away completely the first six weeks I was on the medication. The doctors kept telling me that nothing was wrong, because my levels were "normal" but finally I went to an Endocrinologist who had me try Synthroid, and I feel like a new woman. It's amazing, and the absolute best part, is that I have lost 49 pounds since starting the medication! (I have been dieting and exercising faithfully)
Old 03-11-2006, 10:50 AM   #5  
Uber-Moderator!!

You didn't mention your age - age is really an essential element for most women - especially as you approach the time of menopause.

Have you switched out your exercise routine? Try something new - challenge yourself your body might be stuck in a rut. It sounds as though you are ready to move beyond Curves at this point - maybe get in a few sessions with a personal trainer - I do that once in awhile to get a little oomph back into my workouts.

You also might want to check out the book Body for Life for Women: A Woman's Plan for Physical and Mental Transformation by Pamela Peeke (check your library if you don't want to spring for the book). The great thing about this book and why I am fond of recommending it is because - like the title says - it's written especially for us gals - and is broken down into different age segments. I think you'll find it quite interesting.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:33 PM   #6  

I am 26 years, been doing this 1200 for 6 months. I record calories via dietwatch and balance log. Weight, measure evrything on a nifty scale.

thyroid been tested by a normal doctor. i do have problems with anemia.

it is typical for me to burn 500 to 800 calories a day via excercise, that does not include dog walking 3-4 times a day with two 100 pound mongrels, or my flyball training of my border collie, or running around after my daughter outside. :-D I just want to lose a pound or two, that is all I want to see that scale move down one or two notches. I don't think that is too much to ask. I just ordered the book from Amazon, so thanks for the suggestion
Old 09-08-2008, 11:17 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

Sounds silly, but maybe your TOO active. Try cutting out all exercise but the dog walking and some weight lifting. Just try it for a week or two, nothing else is working, what have you got to loose, right?
Old 09-08-2008, 11:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi,

I'm going to close this thread to discourage any more posting. The original poster started this thread 2 1/2 years ago.

Aphil
Closed Thread