South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-09-2006, 03:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/187/160

Unhappy Exercising on Phase 1

Hello Ladies,

I am currently in Phase 1, and have found that I cannot get through a workout without feeling weak and faint. Is there anything I can eat that will help me get through my workouts and still be within phase 1 constraints?

I know the book said you can eat carbs after a 90 minute work out, but what about before? And when they say carbs, what does that mean?

Please help!

Thanks,
Nicole
dare2love81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 05:07 PM   #2  

Most folks limit or cut out exercise completely during phase 1.. as some of the phase 1 "symptoms include fatigue, light headedness, general weakness and well just feeling crappy... I would try adding more legumes.. maybe a bean salad prior to the work out will help
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 06:03 PM   #3  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Hi Nicole. Welcome to the Beach. What I have found that works really well for my hubby and I is to drink a small protein drink before we worked out when we were on P1. We tried eating something lite like Schatzi suggested but it just made me sick. Hubby was OK but I wasn't.

The protien drink that we make is really simple. We found a sugar free protein powder at our local health food store and mix it with non fat milk. If you aren't familiar with protein poweders I would suggest buying the smallest amount of whatever you decide to try incase it is nasty (not all protein powders are good I have discovered).

The one we use you mix one scoop of protein powder with 1 cup of milk. We use non fat milk of course and then I throw just a small amount (about 1/2 tablespoon) of torani chocolate flavored sugar free syrup into it. It is like having a chocolate milk treat for us.

The other thing you might try while you are on P1 is lowering the intensity of your work out or not working out for those two weeks. If your body is detoxing sometimes that is all it can hadle at that point.

Good luck!!
Sheba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 06:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/187/160

Thanks ladies, I think I may have a whole wheat english muffin with the spray version of I Can't Believe... butter. Maybe that will help me some. I really only need it for my Saturday workouts and by this Saturday I will be almost done with p1 - my last day is Tuesday. I just hope that the one whole wheat english muffin won't undo everything...
dare2love81 is offline   Reply With Quote