Old 03-09-2006, 09:27 AM   #1  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Default Help!!!

Hello all! I need help. I totally lost the ambition to continue my weight loss efforts. Even after watching the BL last night, which normally motivates me...nothing. For some reason, I got tired of watching what I eat, tired of trying not to eat pizza or something like that on a day before I'm going to WI, on and on. I'm just in a slump, I guess. So that is why I have been MIA. Part of my problem started over the weekend. I went on my trip (6 hours of driving!) to visit my step daughter, who ended up being sick. Then my daughter got sick, so the next day we ended up cutting our trip short and driving home. We got home around midnight Sat night...all caffeined up from the long drive home. DD was sick all weekend and I ended up staying home with her on Monday. Weight loss took a back seat, I guess.
Anyway, thanks for listening. Not sure what I'm going to do right now.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:33 AM   #2  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Oh, you know what do to--get back on that horse!! You have been too successful to give it up now. So you slipped--we all do, but you have all the tools -and SUPPORT--to get back in the game. You have been so supportive of everyone and now you need some--you've got it. A day or two back OP and you'll feel better. Tell us what we can do and you know everyone will rally 'round to help.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:51 AM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Right, thats what you need to do for sure.

We all have our challenges each day but you need to make yourself a priority. Heck, my four year old threw up in the back of my SUV yesterday while I was rushing to pick up my oldest son and take him to karate and had a car full of groceries, and just got my period that second, and the phone was ringing off the hook and I was in the middle of making dinner and doing laundry before I left and the baby needed to eat and then my husband called to tell me he couldnt do pick up from karate, three minutes before class ended so everyone had to go back in the car in their PJ's..and on and on. Thats life around here.

You have to make it fit in your daily life, this is for YOU!!! Go on from whatever happened and KICK BUTT, GIRL!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:00 AM   #4  

you can do this...we all can and belive me we all have had our slumps. you wouldn't belive my secret rendevous with popeyes, long john silvers, taco bell and pizza hut. and let's not mention mcdonald's double cheeseburger and medium frie for only 2.12. I can feed me and DS for less than $5..that should be illegal, they know we can't resist. so belive me i have been there. You don't know how often over the past month I have said...30 lbs is good, I am done. But I keep getting back on track and you have to too. you are not alone in this struggle and we can definetly sympathize with the long days without enough hours.

but you just have to get back on board. you did it this far so why can't you do it agina nd even better this time. You are a pro at this now and you know how to plan your meals to get things in order. now you just have to want to do it. I useto think that is was soo easy to lose weight when I was younger and skinny as heck, but I know that it is the hardest thing to do. You are faced with temptaion everywere you go.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:53 AM   #5  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi Tina, sorry you are having a hard time. When I start feeling this way, I make a list of reasons that I want to lose weight. Do you remember a while back when a lot of us posted our wants? Make a list of your wants. Sometimes as mommys we forget that it is okay to have wants too. You deserve to lose weight and good, you deserve to look the way you want to. Just getting to know you on these boards, I can see what a kind and wonderful person you are. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! Do it for you!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:08 AM   #6  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

That is exactly what I was going to say! Tina, if I were you, I'd go back and read the "wants" from last month. Now that one should be a sticky all its own. Rereading that section brings back all of the emotions that were going through me when I committed to doing LAWL in the first place, and it really has helped me refocus here lately.

Just remember, we are here for you , so do whatever you need to do: rant, rave, scream, cry, but whatever you do, don't give up. You deserve the best choices (to quote Julie - miss her too...), so don't sell yourself short.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:49 AM   #7  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Tina
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 120

I just wanted to let you know, that I BELIEVE IN YOU even though I personaly do not know you. I know sometimes it get hard because of all the temptations and the issues that life causes, but you are strong enough to overcome it. You have came to far to go back now. One thing that has help me were the Lean cuisines frozen dinners because you can find anything there that you may have a taste for and also eating the sugar free reeces penut butter cups (so good). We are rooting for you and I know you will come out as a winner.

P.S. The program does get better in maintenence!
snoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:12 PM   #9  
PurpleSunshine

Tina - Please do not give up - we all get in slumps - just like everyone has said - You want this for yourself and as mommies - sometimes we tend to forget the important things to us and concentrate on the things that everyone else needs us for. Well it is time to realize that your wants and needs are important and we all know you want this bad enough - and you've already proven to yourself as well as everyone around you that you can DO IT!!!! Mary had a great suggestion with taking one day and eating a few things that you feel like you have been deprived of - that will make you feel good - but then if you're like me - it will also make you want to get on that wagon faster than ever!! Take a day - do what Katie and Carmen suggested - write down some of your wants.....You have done so well - and you've helped many others in the process!!! Don't get down - We are all here for you - whatever you need - You can do this - you've come so far now -
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:24 PM   #10  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Tina everyone has shared some great things here and I ditto all of them. You have been there for us and we want to help you though this. You can turn your feelings around. You've done so well it's not worth throwing in the towel and chancing gaining it back again. Know where all here for you.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 04:30 PM   #11  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Tina I am right there with you I will have several weeks or months where i do really good and then just a few days of nothing and that can lead to weeks and months of nothing. The best thing i can say is just get back to it we have the smarts to know whats better for us and we have the desire to feel and look better as Nike would say JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!! Good luck and jump back on the wagon with me.....

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 05:52 PM   #12  
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmom
Hello all! I need help. I totally lost the ambition to continue my weight loss efforts. Even after watching the BL last night, which normally motivates me...nothing. For some reason, I got tired of watching what I eat, tired of trying not to eat pizza or something like that on a day before I'm going to WI, on and on. I'm just in a slump, I guess. So that is why I have been MIA. Part of my problem started over the weekend. I went on my trip (6 hours of driving!) to visit my step daughter, who ended up being sick. Then my daughter got sick, so the next day we ended up cutting our trip short and driving home. We got home around midnight Sat night...all caffeined up from the long drive home. DD was sick all weekend and I ended up staying home with her on Monday. Weight loss took a back seat, I guess.
Anyway, thanks for listening. Not sure what I'm going to do right now.
Come on Tina! You can get back into it. Heck you guys here are my Inspiration. I know what you mean, I've been there done that. Couple of weeks ago I'd have killed for a Hersey bar... now THATS depressing. LOL (I can laugh now... )

Anyway, I know you can get back in the saddle and pick it up again!
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:42 AM   #13  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

I just wanted to say a big "Thank You!!!" for your support. For some reason, I felt like I lost myself for a couple weeks...alot of it being spiritually. Friday night, I woke up in the middle of the night and layed on the couch and evaluated my life and prayed. I decided to fast on Saturday, not for WL reasons, but for emotional and spiritual reasons...and again on Sunday. I now feel at peace with my life and also feel like I can get my life back together. I would say, being a Christian, I find that there are times in my life when I feel I am "under attack"...which is usually what happens when I start to feel like I have it all under control.
So, I printed out all of your responses and I'm going to hold on to them for future morale lifting.
You guys are the best!!!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:47 AM   #14  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi Tina, so glad you are back and feeling better. Everyone needs to reevaluate sometimes. Have a great POP day!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 05:23 PM   #15  

Tina,
Glad you're back on track. You've been such a great help to everyone here and I'm so glad that we can be a support back. Haven't been online as much lately, but I definitely ditto all the great comments above. Hopefully getting a fresh start will also result in a nice kick start to the weight loss. I know someone mentioned above about going off for a day and then getting back on, and how this helps boost metabolism. Hope it has that effect for you (despite the fast).

Good Luck.
pseudomargot is offline   Reply With Quote