Old 03-09-2006, 11:16 AM   #1  

Default e-bay warning

Hi everyone,

about a month ago, i got a e-mail through the e-bay thing were you can send messages to members saying I never paid for a product I paid for. without think I angrily logged onto my account and tried to tell them I did pay. it was not until the second that I hit sign-in that I realized it was one of those spam sites that act like they are e-bay. Since I was so angry I didn't even realize that and i had never seem this type of trick before.

Well I contacted e-bay and they said don't worry about it, my account had not been violated and to just be more careful. Well I tried to log on today it kept telling me I did not have the right password. and I KNOW my password, but anyhow I entered my e-mail address to have the password sent to me and it has never showed up. i checked my credit card on file for speedy cheackout at half.com (part of e-bay) and it is fine, but I cancelled it and my ATM card for safeness sake.

just want to warn you to be careful and don't be stupid like me. if the website does not start with ebay.com...it is not real.

Now i have to start over and I alomst had 100 positve ratings
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Ebay should help you clean that up. Never, never, never click in an email to get to Ebay for anything. Always go to the site, sign in and then check your messages and report anything that doesn't seem right.
My brother is a huge power-seller and he gets crap like that almost everyday.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:26 AM   #3  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Thanks for the heads up ... sorry that you are having to deal / that crap !! Have you contacted e-bay ? Maybe they can "move-over" your acct info so you can keep your positive feedbacks ?
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 12:19 PM   #4  

Whereever you receive e-mail allegedly from ebay, you can forward it to [email protected] and they will tell you if it is a legitimate e-mail from them.

So far, all the e-mails I've received are phishing ones.
Gladdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 12:27 PM   #5  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Ebay made a mistake a couple of days ago and took our fee out of our checking account twice, so they took an extra $200.00. We are have a hard time getting it back.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:00 PM   #6  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

One thing i do also is that i have 1 seperate email address that i use for my ebay stuff... so i know for sure when i get "ebay mail" at my other emails addresses that its a hoax for sure!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:40 PM   #7  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

You can also just view your ebay mail through your "my ebay" page on their site, only legitimate ebay email will be in your inbox there.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 07:40 PM   #8  
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shennie_97
Hi everyone,

about a month ago, i got a e-mail through the e-bay thing were you can send messages to members saying I never paid for a product I paid for. without think I angrily logged onto my account and tried to tell them I did pay. it was not until the second that I hit sign-in that I realized it was one of those spam sites that act like they are e-bay. Since I was so angry I didn't even realize that and i had never seem this type of trick before.

Well I contacted e-bay and they said don't worry about it, my account had not been violated and to just be more careful. Well I tried to log on today it kept telling me I did not have the right password. and I KNOW my password, but anyhow I entered my e-mail address to have the password sent to me and it has never showed up. i checked my credit card on file for speedy cheackout at half.com (part of e-bay) and it is fine, but I cancelled it and my ATM card for safeness sake.

just want to warn you to be careful and don't be stupid like me. if the website does not start with ebay.com...it is not real.

Now i have to start over and I alomst had 100 positve ratings

About a month ago, I got a VERY official looking notice from "eBay" that said my account had been suspended due to a violation. Well, I knew right off it was a scam because

a) I never go to Ebay on that account name, and I DON'T have an account under that name
b) the email this was directed to wasn't even the email box that it wound up in; and
c) the only person in our house that HAS an ebay account is DH and I use his.

On the other hand, DH, who SHOULD know better, got something similar and sent them his credit card information. Sheesh. So, we had to cancel the credit card.

One easy way to tell if something is a fake, like from eBay is to put your cursor over the "link" in the text. They generally don't go back to an eBay link. It will say something off the wall, but not anything with eBay in it. Also, when in doubt, go to eBay and report the email. They'll check it out really quickly.

Be safe everyone.
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote