General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 07:17 AM   #1  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

Default Creating a Healthy food plan for someone else

a family member of mine needs/wants to lose weight and has leg problems so cant exercise them.
I said Id look into making a healthy meal plan and look for exercises for their arms.
Well she eats very little likeverymuch less than 1000 cals a day but still gains.
dont anyone have any advice on this?

Thanks

Last edited by angeleyezx; 03-08-2006 at 01:57 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:01 AM   #2  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Ok, I keep looking up kcals to see what in the heck it is. I keep seeing the term, but...

According to what I found, the k means 1000, and I KNOW she can't be eating 10,000 CALORIES a day. I also don't think she could hold her head up if she was just eating 100 calories a day. So maybe you can explain this in general calorie terms?

Anyway, my dad is the same way. I've tried to interest him in upper body exercise and handweights...even leg lifts from a chair aren't going to hurt his legs any. If he just eats healthy meals, he can lose though...but the three cookies he had yesterday ain't a gonna do it. And that's often his deal. He says he's eating healthy, has all the outward signs...but when you're not looking....

Could she be doing the same? Sabotaging her own weight loss?

What about meds? Is she on any? Some meds can cause weight gain no matter what you do. They had to change one of my daughter's meds because she kept gaining weight once they put her on it. They took her off that one and she lost a bit. You could research the web on any of the meds she's on and find out whether one might be the culprit
Old 03-08-2006, 02:04 PM   #3  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

like pain killers, store bought.
Shes eating less than 1000kcals I think sorry.
I use the term kilocalories as I study science(human phys) and its the correct term.
I looked up this info for you

It's easy to get confused about calories and kilocalories since, in a nutrition context, values are actually given for the number of kilocalories in a food, but referred to simply as calories.

In scientific terms:
1000 calories = 1 kilocalorie = 1 kcal = the energy it takes to raise the temperature of 1kg of water by 1°C.

In nutrition terms:
ie. What you'll find on food packaging, calories = kilocalories and are used interchangeably.

In some instances food energy is measured in kilojoules - mostly by the scientific community - though some food packaging also gives kilojoule (kJ) values. 1 kilocalorie = 4.2 kilojoules.
Closed Thread