Old 03-08-2006, 10:52 AM   #1  

Default How many times do you weigh in a week?

I can not bring myself to get weighed in three times a week. I end up getting depressed if I gain a few ounces/pound in a few days. Meanwhile, weight fluctuates, I know, but the counselors just have this way of making me feel bad. I would rather know how much I have lost in a week. Regardless, I go in once a week, maybe twice if I'm lucky, sometimes not at all during a week. Does anyone else do this? Does it void my contract for getting my money back?
loseitlaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:10 AM   #2  

My contract (which I now practially have memorized) says I have to weigh in once a week, use 2 bars a day, and eat according to their directions in order to get my money back. I assume it's the same throughout, but who knows with these crazy CODs.

I, too, could not weigh in more than once a week. I think I would be more likely to binge if I had been working hard and it hadn't caught up to me yet on the day I weighed in. For me, once a week is my measure.

Christie
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:13 AM   #3  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I think that once a week is sufficient too.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:12 PM   #4  

My center said that I should wiehg-in once a week -- and NOT weigh at home!!! It could de-rail or cause you to get discouraged...I wonder why diff. centers say different things??

Plus, during TOM, etc. you can go up or down a few pounds in a day, even!

Hugs and Luck,
Ange
pinkflamingo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:44 PM   #5  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

This IS interesting! My COD recommends 3 times a week (M, W, F). They will work with people whose schedules don't allow it, but insist that those who have a LOT to lose (like me) will be more successful if they weigh in 3 times a week.

I agree with pp, on the couple of times I have gone in and shown a slight gain, I DO get discouraged, particularly since I stay POP almost 100% of the time. The only time I vary is when I travel and can't cook, and even then, I stick with OP foods and err on the side of eating too little. (I'm VERY determined to lose this weight!)

Anyway, I have told myself that I will continue to weigh in 3 times a week at least for the time being. If I start getting too down with the fluctuations, then I will drop to Mondays and Fridays only, and go from there.

I think for me, knowing I will have someone looking at my diary and be weighing in in a couple of days helps keep me on the straight and narrow path. I think it has a lot to do with you individually, and your own needs.

BUT, I consider my Friday weigh ins my "official" weigh in of the week.
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:04 PM   #6  

My COD said they are a "satellite branch" so that we are not required (or encouraged, frankly) to weigh in more than once a week. Every COD is different though.
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:12 PM   #7  

I would LOVE to go in once a week, but my contract says I have to go in 3 times a week. It doesn't say I have to weigh in, just that I have to go in. It says "Visit the center at least 3 times weekly". I have to make time to do this. Eventually as my little one gets bigger and summer comes, I'm going to have to adjust that. I'll have to talk to them and see what they say. I don't want to void my contract. I would like a little of that money back
ConnorsMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:33 PM   #8  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

During weight loss, I went in three times a week, now Im at 2 times. Maintennance, one time per week.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:09 PM   #9  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

I was going three times a week for the first 2 months. The last two weeks I have gone once a week. I like going in more as it helps me to stay more focus with their feed back. If I do have a few ozs higher it helps me to focus to do better. I couldn't tell you what my contract says.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:24 PM   #10  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

My contract says three times a week. I go Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, unless they’re closed or I have off from work. I don’t have a COD in my home town and I commute to work every day, so if I have off I just tell them I’m not coming in and their fine with it.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:34 PM   #11  

I go 3 times, this week only twice though, just too tired to drive over there tonight. Only the 2nd time in about 11 weeks or so I haven't made it the full 3 times. Target, Kohls, Old Navy, Bath & Body are all in the same center, so that motivates me more

Sheila
slecompte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:35 PM   #12  
plan 2 with lites

S/C/G: 194/178.6/145

Not sure what my contract says but she told me in the beginning i need to go in at least 3 times a week..soooo thats what i do, monday wed and fridays. Midweek I ALWAYS gain 2 ounces for some weird reason but I think the reason i'm doing so good on this diet is because i have to "report to someone". I think its what I needed to stay on track. But everyone is different
heather314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 07:56 AM   #13  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

The first 4-6 weeks I went in 3x/wk--a super idea on LAWL's part to make sure you are on the right track and something isn't holding you back. Once I got comfortable with the diary and eating I am now 1x/wk (I admit--sometimes I stressed way to much at 3x) And DH has only gone 1x/wk from day 1. I agree with the others that it has so much to do with accountability. At first my DH was shocked I signed us up for the full 1 year of maintenance but my BIGGEST fear is finally losing the weight then letting it creep back up on me (us) so it was worth the extra $$ for me. Knowing I still have to go in 1x/wk (hopefully) will make us stay within reason when the weight loss phase is over. I know me too well and --obviously--haven't learned the secret to KEEPING it off.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:40 AM   #14  
Princess Heather

My center just told me that LAWL is changing the program, and only requiring a once a week weigh in. Now who knows if that is true or not....but I am only going twice a week, when I can get there. It's too much time and travel to go three times in a week, at least for me!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:09 PM   #15  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

When I started the program I WI three times a week because the contarct said that, but now I go once a week(tuesday) because I like to know how much I lose in a week and also;like candle princess; too much travel.
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote