South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 08:17 PM   #1  
Fairywings

S/C/G: 223.8/219.0/145

Default Getting Started - Phase I - March 5

I am just starting today. I tried South Beach a couple of years ago, but didn't make it through Phase 1. I really believe that I am more motivated this time.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 172.5/172.5/130

I just started SB today, too. I just wanted to say "hi" Hope your first day went really well. Mine went fine for the first day. I just have to get back to drinking enough water again. Take care.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Star10over and huntersmom -
Old 03-07-2006, 08:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 139/139/125 or 9 stone goal

Height: 5'2

Hi there. I just started again yesterday. This will be the first time with the support of the fine people of this site. I decided to give up all flour products for Lent to support my child in giving up his playstation. Then it occurred to me that this would be the best time to start phase 1 of the plan!! Problem is that we are supposed to be going to a PIZZA PARTY for his basket ball team tonight. I'll be eating before we go! Hopefully I maybe able to skip it and ask DH to go alone, so I can stay home with the 22 month old. That is the plan. Hahaha. Wish me luck.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:39 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to The Beach. I am going to convert this thread into a Phase I Starters on March 5 so we can share ideas,
Old 03-07-2006, 10:56 AM   #6  

Hi everyone. Just a question. I have read so many things the past few days - I thought my book said if you work out with SB that you could start/should start on phase 2? Is this correct & how much exercise are we talking about? Too, I think I cheated unintentionally this morn. I had a cup serving of the South Beach Cereal & 2% milk. I don't miss the grains but had already bought it & was in a hurry. I should wait, huh? Thanks for the help.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:00 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yup, wait for Phase II to eat grains.
Do you have a page number for the statement on Phase II if exercising? I don't seem able to find it - not that I'm working out!
Old 03-07-2006, 04:03 PM   #8  

Default My mistake...

I have read so many things lately (boards, my book, anything I can find to do this correctly) I must have confused one thing with another. I looked a little bit ago and can't remember. Anyway, if you all haven't heard of it I'm sure it's my mistake - just reading too much getting confused. Thanks for the help - I am just going to start over tomorrow. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:08 PM   #9  

Thumbs up Starting SB tomorrow 3/8

Hi ladies,

I am starting SB tomorrow, good luck and hopefully se can all benefit from this website and SB's. I am so happy I found a place where everyone is struggling like me and I can just work on my weight.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:35 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 198/184.5/125

Smile

Welcome Nd2lose and hunters mom!

I've been on SB for about 3 weeks now and I'm down 9 lbs. It's a slow and hard process - but I know you will find this site useful - at least I know that I have.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:05 PM   #11  

Hi everyone. Today went ok other than I have decided to start over tomorrow for my slip with the cereal. Other than that everything has gone well. I need to set some goals for exercise. May do that tonight, it's been a long day. I hope everyone's day went well.

Britmum - I love the idea of doing this with Lent - I hadn't thought of that - good luck with the pizza party.

Thanks for the warm welcomes
Old 03-07-2006, 07:24 PM   #12  
Lovin' Life!

Hi everyone,
I decided to start the SBD on 2/26 based solely on the info I got here but since I didn't have the book at the time I'm sure I wasn't following it accurately. But you guys are very informative! I'm still reading the book and following phase 2. I really needed to get over my carb addiction. I'm finding the book soooo informative. It's really got me thinking about my kids' diet with all the bread and cereal they eat!

I feel like I'm doing very well and I feel good too. I love to exercise, which I usually do 5-6x a week...usually Tae-bo or The Firm. I'm hoping to have a more sculpted bod by summer! Good luck everyone!
Old 03-07-2006, 11:52 PM   #13  

Hi everyone!!

Today was my 2nd day in Phase 1. Went well except I definitely am realizing I have a caffeine addiction..the stuff is hard to do without. I had 2 regular cups of coffee to get me over the hump at work and a regular diet Coke with lunch. Is it such a big deal if we have 3 caffeinated beverages per day? I've also been drinking lots of water between 64 & 70ozs plus diet 7Up with dinner. Food is going good..need to search out a few more recipes especially make-ahead breakfast ones. And as for exercise, I did get to Curves today. Tomorrow may use elliptical trainer just to shake up routine a bit.

Sue
Old 03-08-2006, 10:24 AM   #14  

Ok I thought I would show you all my menu & see what you think. This is for today:

B: 2% cottage cheese & tomatoes

S: String Cheese

L: Taco chicken (got it from the menus here) & cucumbers w/tomatoes

S: 30 pistachios

D: Probably left over taco chicken & a salad
D: Fudge Pop - whatever those things are called

& my goal is 120 oz. water a day

Exercise: Still working on a plan - what do you think does that sound ok? Oh ya & I need to eat some beans - I will eat some Northern beans with dinner.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:03 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 139/139/125 or 9 stone goal

Height: 5'2

Well, today is day three and boy am I having a hard time. I did miss the pizza party!! Hahaha. That made it easy. But today is tough. I can do without the bread (lent guilt makes it easy), but I just want to eat my body weight in dark chocolate. Especially the dark chocolate esspresso truffles by Choxi at Target. Oh sorry there I go dreaming again.
Anyone has having a tough third day? How did you get through it? It's only 1pm, I have all day to go!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread