Old 10-05-2003, 10:27 PM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default Mock Danish

I found this on a low carb message board...I haven't tried it but they were saying that this tasted like a danish. I am going to try it tonight.... Although I have no idea what a ramiken is????

1/2 C. part skim ricotta cheese
1 egg, well beaten
1 pkt splenda
1 pkt stevia plus
heaping dash of cinnamon
1 tsp of vanilla

Mix ricotta into the egg, blending well. Add sweetners and cinnamon and vanilla. Pour into a 6 oz ramiken sprayed with butter flavor Pam.

Cover with wax paper and microwave about 3 minutes on 60% power; rotate dish a quarter turn and microwave another 2-3 minutes on 80% power(times may vary). Invert onto plate and top with a little butter and your favorite sf Davinci syrup...(french vanilla was yummy)
Rowan Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 09:04 AM   #2  

Thanks. This sounds good. A ramekin is a small round straight sided baking dish like you use to make individual custards in. Any small baking dish would do I'm sure.
Parsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 12:11 PM   #3  
Work in Progress

Thanks! Parsp.....I thought that was what it was.....

rb
Rowan Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 12:32 PM   #4  

I made this today. It was pretty good. Becareful in my microwave it did not take as long to cook.
skherb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 01:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 167.2/167.2/140.0

Height: 5'8"

Wink

I also made this today but didn't have any vanilla extract. I used a little vanilla Da Vinci syrup. It came out good but was very filling. I couldn't eat the whole bowl of it. The texture is a little strange...kind of like a firm custard. I would make it again though!
kissyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 11:40 AM   #6  

Exclamation No Stevia.

Stevia may not be good for you; it might be bad for you. The Stevia people say that it's safe, but there is not conclusive evidence either way! I asked my husband's nutritionist about it and she said to stay away from Stevia.

Please, use something else.
shizaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 11:50 AM   #7  

Default Stevia

I've read alot about sugars, both natural and artificial and I've never read anything bad about stevia, only positive things, even benefits.

Aspertame is the worst offender with Splenda coming up in second place.

The only downside to Stevia is it is expensive compared to the others and it's difficult to use because it's not comparitive to sugar. By that I mean, 1 cup stevia isn't the same as 1 cup sugar, so you have to use math to figure out how much stevia to use. And some stevia brands are bitter.

Personally, I use Splenda most and sometimes aspertame, at least until I drop all the pounds I want.
Soteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 01:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I bought some powdered stevia at Trader Joes last year. I don't care for it. It has a black licorice-like after taste and it was really bitter. I know that porportions are fastly different then other sweeteners. I had used 1/4 teaspoon to 1 quart water and 1/4 cup lemon juice to make lemonade.

Some people think that Splenda has as strange taste. I guess it's a matter of personal taste.

Personlly, I think as long as you use something in moderation it shouldn't be a problem health wise.
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 12:10 PM   #9  
emily42897

Default Davinci Syrup

What aisle can I find the Davinci syrups in? I haven't seen these.
emily42897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 01:48 PM   #10  

Marshall's and TJ Max have them. There are probably other places but those are the ones I hear mentioned most often.
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 05:40 PM   #11  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

You can find DaVinci syrups (and Torani, which is just as good, IMHO) online, but also at discount places like Marshall's, TJ Maxx, etc. The easiest place to get them, if either of those options is not the best for you, is at a local coffeeshop. The type that make lattes--and privately owned. Ask the owner if you can order the syrups through them. Several people on our board have done this, as have I, and though it can be expensive, it's cheaper than the shipping and handling of buying it online. They didn't have any at my local TJ Maxx. They really are great, though!

As to Stevia, no research has been done on it here because it's not technically a legal sweetener. It's legal as a supplement (like vitamins). A lot of people blame this on the corporations that market other sweeteners and on the sugar lobby. However, Stevia has apparently been used in other countries safely for many years. It's really a personal choice.

One website I read said that she found the best results when she mixed sweeteners...less aftertaste overall.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 09:18 PM   #12  
Fat free witches brew now

S/C/G: 123/123/105

I have found the syrups on the coffee aisles at the local stores around here. I believe they are also found with the diet baking goods also.
mishy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 01:46 PM   #13  

I found this version of a mock danish..

2 ounces fat free cream cheese, soften in microwave.
1 Egg
1 tsp lemon concentrate,or fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp.vanilla extract

Mix egg and softened cream cheese gently. Add and mix remaining ingredients.Microwave on high 1 1/2 to 2 minutes,depending on microwave.
fireflynova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:48 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 197/192/158

Height: 5'5

Default Great Recipe

I just prepared the Mock Danish for Breakfast and it's the closest thing to dessert that I've had since starting SB 1 week and 1 day ago. YUMMY
losingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:09 AM   #15  

S/C/G: lose80/lost8/success

Height: 5'2"

Tried this today. It is absolutely delicious. I cut the sweetener to 1.5 packets, and it was still too sweet for me. Will reduce to one packet next time. Oh the possibilities with the different extract flavors and possibly some nuts. This is definitely a keeper! Could be on my dessert list.
LoLoLady is offline   Reply With Quote