General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 08:19 AM   #1  
Movin on down the scale

Thumbs up The part of *ME* that I love most...

As we are all dieting/changing eating habits, we talk about NSV's, weight, goals, sizes, ect.... But I thought I would start a thread about what we LOVE about ourselves, whether we are heavy, thin, or in the middle. I will start.

I LOVE my eyes, my complexion, my overall attitude since I started getting healthier, and my new outlook on my future. I LOVE that I am NOT a "fatmom" to my 3 kids and that they shouldnt ever be imbarassed about my size. I also love my SMALL waist (29.5 right now).
Old 03-05-2006, 08:29 AM   #2  

I love my complexion, and I love the fact that I have green eyes. My father has hazel eyes, so I guess that's where I got it, but I have no gold and no blue--my eyes are GREEN. And I LOVE that!

I also love my hands. Long fingers, curved nails, graceful drape...ahh...
Old 03-05-2006, 08:51 AM   #3  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Now that I can see it, I love my collarbone!!!

I love going to ballgames and my daughter rushing over to me instead of bowing her head that her mom is the fattest person in the bleachers.

I also love the new outgoing me who always wants to be going somewhere and doing something!!

great thread!

Lacey
Old 03-05-2006, 09:58 AM   #4  
Slow and Steady

I love my unusual greenish/bluish/grayish eyes that change color depending on what I'm wearing and the light I am in. I also love my long legs. They are just going to get better and better as I lose weight.

(Does anyone else feel weird about saying nice things about themselves???)
Old 03-05-2006, 10:13 AM   #5  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

I love my hair, especially since I started using the Brilliant Brunette shampoo by John Freida! It's brought out all the natural highs and lows in my hair and made in incredibly soft and beautiful. More that once I've been complimented on my hair Not now, though. I'm in desperate need of a good haircut

My lips/smile. It's the one thing that people always notice about me. I'm almost always smiling, so it's hard to NOT notice. I've been blessed with nice full lips, naturally straight and nicely shaped teeth, and I do my best to take care of them. I love them and it shows
Old 03-05-2006, 11:25 AM   #6  

I love my legs. Espcially since I've been working out, my legs are incredibly toned, and they look great (lol if I do say so myself!!). I'm looking forward to the summer time so I can show them off in some skirts, and shorts (for the first time a very long time!!)
Old 03-05-2006, 11:50 AM   #7  

Great thread idea!

Definitely my green eyes and naturally thick wavy hair. I also like my height, 5'8". I think 5'10" would be absolutely the perfect height but I'm happy with my 5'8". Part of me that I used to hate but now love is my new waistline. At 25 inches it's a part of me that's definitely SMALL now and I love it!
Old 03-05-2006, 12:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I have green eyes too!
I've been watching this thread all morning and admit that I've struggled with it. I even did the naked in the mirror thing.
I actually don't mind my body (now). My shoulders are finally wider than my thighs
This is gonna sound funny, let me see if I can explain. If I have a stubborn pocket of fat, it's on my belly. But I actually like my abdomen. I can easily see that there is musculature under there (now). For an old lady with three pregnancies and c-sections ... it's encouraging.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:25 PM   #9  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky1
I love my unusual greenish/bluish/grayish eyes that change color depending on what I'm wearing and the light I am in.
Quirky - my eyes are like that too - I don't think I have ever met anyone else who has them. Isn't it cool? It is hard to tell people what your eye color is.

I really like the color and tone of my hair (Lydia - thanks for the tip on the shampoo - I think I'll try it). I also like the fullness of my lips and the shape of my face. I like the general propotions of my body - I just want to make everthing smaller.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:33 PM   #10  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

If I had to choose something physical, I'd choose my hands. I like them even without polish. No wrinkles, no veining, no oversized knuckles. I have long strong nails and nailbeds (I've been told that by every manicurist I've seen). And they're very expressive. I gesture with them all the time 'cause I like 'em!

That and while I'm not so fond of my skin (far too many tiny little skin tags), I'm virtually wrinkle-free. No crows feet, no little lines around the lips. My forehead doesn't even wrinkle when I raise my eyebrows. It's genetic; no one in my family, female or male, has wrinkles.

Not bad for a 50-year-old. I wonder if that will change when I get further down in weight -- will I wrinkle up?

It feels so weird to think abut physical things I like about me. I spend so much time thinking about the things I'm not so fond of (much longer list).
Old 03-05-2006, 01:47 PM   #11  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTheCheat
Quirky - my eyes are like that too - I don't think I have ever met anyone else who has them. Isn't it cool? It is hard to tell people what your eye color is.
I have eyes like that, too!!

Great thread idea!

Yes, Quirky... I totally have trouble with this. The stuff I hate immediately comes to mind...

I love my smile and my hair.
If I had all of your good stuff on me, I'd be such a babe.

Lena, you sound much younger...
Old 03-05-2006, 02:07 PM   #12  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis
Lena, you sound much younger...
I feel much younger! I've always been a kid at heart, I think. I try to keep a positive mental attitude. Keeping up with my teen has helped a lot, too. We share a lot of interests and get along really well.

Or maybe I'm just immature...
Old 03-05-2006, 02:09 PM   #13  

I love my back. I always hated it before, but it has responded to training first, it has definition, now no love handles, and I love wearing backless tops.

I love my arms and shoulders, they look really good now. Once I was doing weights and saw a glimpse of arm in the mirror and looked behind to see who it belonged too, and it was mine!!!!

I love the fact my boobs stick out further than my stomach and I am not one continuous line anymore.

(my new years resolution was every month to focus on one positive change in my body !!!!)
Old 03-05-2006, 03:05 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 200/175/120

I love my calves! They are so muscular and I even make a point to shave my legs so that I can enjoy then more.

My biceps are a close second. Gotta love those weights!
Old 03-05-2006, 05:07 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

It is really hard to look past what we don't like and force ourselves to be nicer to ourselves. It's easier to compliment someone else instead of ourselves.

I like my hair and eyes. My hair is very thick and very curly. It's everywhere. I also have very dark brown eyes. Someone said that they are "cow eyes", which was supposed to be a compliment.

Normally I don't like my nails, but my manicurist friend said that they are beautiful, I just need to learn how to shape them better..so there's hope. I'm also a fan of my arms since i"ve started lifting and my upper abs.
Closed Thread