Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-04-2006, 10:13 PM   #1  
Special K

S/C/G: 329/297/170

Default new

Hello ,
I'm new to this forum. I'm hoping to get and give any support that is needed.
I work in an industrial environment, with a schedule that is always changing and rotating. My biggest problem is finding a weight loss program that will work well with
a lifestyle that's always flip-flopping. Any suggestions will be appricated. Thanks.
blue_eyed_one1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 10:20 PM   #2  
Slow and Steady...

S/C/G: 250/179/140

How about creating your own weight loss program to fit your needs? That's what I did...I don't follow any "plan" per se. I did some research to figure out what my daily caloric intake should be, set some rules up for exercise, set rules up about changing my diet, and continued to check in with other people as I figured things out. A great website to track your calories, at least for me, is fitday dot com. You can track your calories AND calories burned with daily activities plus exercise. You could also set up your own "structure." I have an online support group, and on weigh in day we make sure to post it to the group, as well as using it daily for advice, or how to do things differently. I know other programs such as Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig can be helpful, but honestly I have to have flexibility as well, and this is working for me.

Good luck!!!
Alicia
curlygurl1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 10:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I work part-time shift. It can be very tricky. I always take my own food to work. It's exercise that escapes me if I work several days in a row.
Calorie counting is what works for me.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 10:27 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello Blue Eyed One, and Welcome!!

I agree with the suggestion about creating your own program! That is what I have done and it works great for me! There is a lot of encouragement and support here, as well as great ideas from other people... and you can come online at any time day or night and find support, so it works great for your "up in the air" schedule.

I look forward to hearing more from you!

Dance
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote