Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-04-2006, 07:16 PM   #1  
Getting back on track

Height: 5' 9"

Red face How do you get back on track?

For the last week I have slacked on my exercising and went off of my diet - at first I told myself it was just going to be a cheat day, but it ended up being a "cheat week." I feel blahhhh, yucky from all the bad stuff I've been eating, and yucky from not exercising, which makes me want to eat well and exercise even less!

How do YOU get back on track if you slip??

Thanks for any advice!
icmethinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 07:49 PM   #2  
iwillmakeit

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5'4

I really don't have any advice for you, except that I am in same situation is you're in. Its been same for me, I've been doing so good, and then I was sick so much, that I went off of my plan. I stopped exercising for couple of weeks because of it. Now, I am back to exercising, but can't really go back on track it seems. So, I also need some advice too.
tsots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 07:57 PM   #3  

Same boat! I lost 10lbs and then I had a cheat day which has turned into 3 weeks and I have gained back 4 lbs! but after reading your posts I know I am not the only one..so no magic pill or special tips from me except that I just need to jump back in the saddle NOW and I mean starting RIGHT now this second I am back at it-no excuses or waiting till the morning for me. To take the NIke slogan-Just do it!

Thanks!

Last edited by canne; 03-04-2006 at 08:04 PM.
canne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 08:45 PM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

thats really the way to do it. decide that as of RIGHT now you are back on track. no looking back. dont beat yourself over the choices you already made. just commit to yourself now!
princesspuffypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 09:34 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

Building good habits can be really hard. I myself go back to the bad ones easily, so the only thing there is for me to do is to start right away like canne said. Denial is your worst enemy in this situation. "Just one more won't hurt, I'll start tomorrow, I'll start after I finish eating X, I don't want to waste money by throwing those ----- away." Your mind recognizes those for excuses, and little things like that can do more to set you back than 10 pizzas. Start NOW, and just focus on getting one day back on track behind you. That food will be there tomorrow, but even one day back on track can start a good chain reaction.
JoyfulVegGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 10:23 PM   #6  
Slow and Steady...

S/C/G: 250/179/140

When I have gotten off track and out of habit, I set a deadline to get back to it and FOLLOW it. At first I feel guilty, and tired, and unmotivated, but I don't think about it...I JUST DO IT. It usually takes a few days to feel good about things again, but it does happen.

Good luck, Alicia
curlygurl1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 02:43 AM   #7  

I do something with my plan that I haven't heard of anyone else doing. My trainer at work who has also done a lot of work on nutrition, recommended having a relaxed week every eight weeks.

I was horrified at first, because all I wanted at the beginning was the weight to be gone. But what my trainer, quite rightly said, that because I had at least a two year weight loss journey in front of me, that i needed to break it up into chunks. You tend to plateau every 8 weeks or so anyway, unless your lucky, which I'm not.

So on my break (which I am on this week) I still eat a healthy breakfast and one healthy meal, be it lunch or dinner, then I have a treat meal, and perhaps one other treat. On my break week I do this every other day, and then eat my new normally the other days. Then it's not so hard to come off it.

The key to this is still doing the same level of exercise. I have two rest days a week, and exercise about 90 minutes on the 5 days I am on.

Every time I have done this I have maintained. Except twice, then I actually lost weight!!! Go figure!!!

The cool thing is I can make my maintenance week Christmas, my birthday week, Easter etc, and it makes it a lot less stressful as I know that overall I can still lose weight in a month despite having a relaxed week here and there.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote