Old 03-04-2006, 03:23 PM   #1  

Default Starting Over

For some reason, I have John Lennon singing that it in my head!

Okay, DD and I went in this morning. It was funny because our files had been moved and had to be located! Then, we weighed in and that wasn't a pretty picture either!

Thankfully, we got our favorite counselor and we sat and had an hour long session with her. We just started over. She re-measured us, re-figured our plans, gave us a fresh sheet in our files, and a great little pep talk. She also reassured both of us that we have plenty of time to lose our weight, do stabilization and maintenance. In fact, she pulled out the stabilization and maintenance packet and went over some of it with us to motivate us to get with it. She did remind us that sticking to the program like glue was what will get us the best results.

They are having a drawing at our COD for a free George Forman grill and picnic basket filed with LA Snacks at the end of the month. Everytime you come in, weigh, and lose, you get a ticket in the drawing. Even though we hadn't lost (not by a mile!), she gave us both a ticket in the drawing as incentive.

On one hand, I am irritated with myself for blowing off so much time. I realize now that when I joined LAWL, I was looking for "magic," for it not to be something that I really had to work at, like it was just going to happen somehow. I chafed at what I saw as restricitions and allowed the constant selling process during the first few weeks to really put a bad taste in my mouth.

But, what is done is done. I've lost that time and there is no getting it back. I might as well forget about that and put my remaining 7 months to good use - losing this weight once and for all!!

Thanks so much for listening,

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 03:53 PM   #2  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Andi--great attitude and 7 months is a LONG time and now that you are ready to get on track it's plenty of time to lose LOTS of weight. It took me a long time to make the decision (and accepting that no one can make it for me!!) but LAWL has been a great tool for DH and I. Good Luck--you'll do great--and having a partner helps, too.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 06:46 PM   #3  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hey Andi, so glad that your appointment went so well. You are right, sticking with it like glue really is what works. Don't beat yourself up over lost time, just jump back on the wagon, and get losing again. You can do this. Glad to have you back. Katie
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote