General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 09:14 AM   #1  

Default Anything special turning 40, Dream Vacation?

Just curious what other people's dream 40th birthday treat would be? I think mine is a dream vacation. I'll be turning 40 in 13 months and want to spend two weeks in Italy. Rome, Tuscany maybe? I have a year to plan! Has anybody been? What is your dream vacation?
Old 03-01-2006, 12:52 PM   #2  

I've turned 40 already. My hubby sent myself and my two sisters to New York for 5 days or so. I live in Vancouver so it was a very big deal. Love that place!
Old 03-01-2006, 03:00 PM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Thumbs up

Well, I turned 40 six years ago! For me it wasn't anything special to celebrate...just another birthday. But...at the same time it was special because we got married on my BD which also happened to be my 40th so that took precendence. It was just a simple at home wedding with a short trip to Branson, MO. I love Branson so that was fine with me-DH had never been. I am not one for flying so any place overseas is out for me!

Even if I hadn't married on my 40th, I don't think I would have done anything special. Those big BD's aren't so big for me so would have been dinner out and cake later. Now...when I turn 50 I do have a treat planned for myself...I plan on having a facelift! Seriously...I don't think I look old for my age, at least people say otherwise...but I want to look my best for the age I am.

Whatever you do...I hope it is a special 40th for you!
Old 03-01-2006, 03:22 PM   #4  

My 40th isn't for 9 years (sorry) but I've always wanted to go to Africa, on safari. Or New Zealand, hiking up in the wild...Tuscany would be lovely...going back to Brugge (Belgium) would be nice, but that's motivated by chocolate so I don't know if that's a good choice! Or back to the Scottish Highlands, they were lovely. Or Ireland!

So many places!
Old 03-01-2006, 03:47 PM   #5  
Started SBD 1/26/04

My 40th birthday was in October. I had always wanted to go on the New England Fall color cruise. (Sigh...) maybe some day. Instead I spent it on one side of the country and my husband spent it on the other side at his father's funeral.

Not a b-day I will forget soon but not in a good way unfortunately. Poor hubby had so many things planned and ended up having to cancel all of them.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:35 PM   #6  

For my 30th I moved from Australia to England!!! Drastic!!!

For my 40th I'd like to do a white water rafting trip down the Franklin River in Tasmania. It's something I have always wanted to do, but was way too fat before. By 40 I should have been at goal for a few years, and hopefully still working out and really strong!

On the way home I might pop into Nepal and do some trekking.

I spent all my teens and twenties being completely unfit and lazy, and I think using my new found fitness would be the best ever birthday present to myself.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:23 AM   #7  

I turned 40 two years and I am just now recovering.

This year I plan on partying..........going to Vegas for four nights with hubby.........plan on going out with friends.........maybe even spring skiing.

L
Old 03-02-2006, 11:22 PM   #8  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I turned 40 last year and I'd already given myself the present I'd wanted for years. I lost my weight.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: ?/250/160

Height: 5'6"

I was going to make myself over for my 40th, but that was 6 years ago and while I didn't lose any weight personally, I did lose 190 lbs. of emotionally abusive husbandage Now I'm looking ahead to a fabulous 50th in 2010. Italy sounds nice -- I'm taking an art history class now, and would especially love to see Florence & Venice. And glorious food -- I figure walking miles & miles in the museums will work it off!
Old 03-04-2006, 09:14 PM   #10  

I will be 40 in 2008 and we are planning a trip to Hawaii. My parents own two timeshares there, so we need airfare and spending money. Of course, buying tickets for four from the east coast is not going to be cheap, but we have two years to slowly save!
Closed Thread