Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 05:42 PM   #1  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default Dieting with Diabetes #7 - March

Here we go . . .
Old 03-03-2006, 05:55 PM   #2  
stbakd

hi meow. i went to the y mca today. glen
Old 03-04-2006, 09:52 AM   #3  
msfez

Hello Everybody Just checking in on your new thread Meowee. Glad to hear you finally got back in control of your day. I like to think if all else fails...nap. I've gotta get back to those cargo pants I'm making for my son today. Have a nice day everyone. Bye.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:09 PM   #4  

Morning everyone i have been up early this am.. the dh has gone to his cabin for a few days and so i have lots of quiet time..queen of the remote.. no cooking.. do what i want yippppppppeeeeeeee and i miss him like crazy go figure.. the grass is always greener my back is a little better.. still sore but spasms have quit.. will take it slow and easy tho..what do you all snack on befor bed or when the sl goes to low in the middle of the night??.. i usually have a yougart or a banana before bed..but the last 2 nights sl to low..so now i keep a gator aide or juice by my bed.. what do you guys do for that? maybe i need to add some protein?? other than that and the back everything fine here.. plan on finnishing my scrapbook today..hope you all have agreat weekend((((((hugs)))))))) rosey
Old 03-04-2006, 01:27 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi, Chickies and Glen.

I've had my BGL running a little high some mornings - high for me is FBGL of 7 (US126) although it's been around 6(US108) at bedtime the night before. I think it's the dawn syndrome so will try a snack at bedtime. I make a LF ricotta cream dessert (South Beach) and will give that a try. I'm not too worried about it as the HA1C is the important one. Rosey, I think a protein snack is best or a slow release carb. I must ask my dietician.

Msfez, I'm sewing today too - shortening pants! I hate being short.

Glen, good work going to the Y.

Meowee, do you guys still have snow? I'm considering a bit of an escape trip to a friend's place on the South Shore.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:41 PM   #6  
Onward and Downward

Believe it or not, my favourite bedtime snack is fruit and yogurt. However, lately I've been having toast or a small bowl of cereal as well because I seem to need something a little bit more "carby" than just the fruit and I'm still usually down in the high 3's (60's) in the morning.

We still have snow . . . and more is predicted this weekend. We often get a nasty storm in early April. But who can really tell what's going on this winter.

See you soon, kiddies. Keep smiling.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:02 AM   #7  
msfez

Hello everybody Just popped in to say Hi! I usually have one of those mock danish things every night. It's an egg, 1 to 2 oz ff cream cheese, 4 packs splenda, chocolate or, vanilla or, peanut butter or whatever flavoring extract i'm in the mood for. Nuke the cream cheese for 28 seconds and add rest of ingredients. Mix it up good with a fork then just put in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until done. It seems to cook more even with some plastic wrap over it. It's low in calories and has enough protein to keep my blood sugar stable until morning. Most especially...it tastes like you're being naughty! Back to the cargo pants from ****! I finished them and discovered that I'd put one pocket higher that the other...it's probably too early for a cocktail.....
Old 03-05-2006, 10:04 AM   #8  
creations

Had a hard time finding the new site. Had to be me.
Its a cloudy Sunday morning with snow due in late tonite. Will be glad when winter is over. Going to do some rubberstamping with friends this afternoon.Husband is working and really don't want to stay home. Find too many things to snack on. BS was 126 this morning.
Creations
Old 03-05-2006, 01:32 PM   #9  

Cool

Morning everyone..we had 10 inches of snow last nite.. the hubby came home from the cabin early cuz he missed me..that mock dannish thing sounds interesting..i might give it a try..sry for the sewing booboo.. ive certainly done that.. in fact at times ive been so frustrated with a sewing project ive balled it up and thrown it in a closet i sew alot of my own clothes as by the time i get it big enuff to go around me i have to cut 1/2 of it off as im so short..my back is ok as long as i dont make any sudden movements or twist to the left..at least i got some good sleep last night..my sl where 104 this am..i had a cup of applesauce and some wheat thin crackers for a snack before bed..seemed to do the trick no lows last night..hope you are all having agreat day (((((hugs))))))) rosey
Old 03-06-2006, 09:37 AM   #10  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning, buds . . . I'm definitely not feeling too great this morning. Hopefully I'm not coming down with something really nasty, but only tiome will tell, I guess.

Anyway, gang, hang in there. I'll see you tomorrow and, hopefully, I'll be feeling a bunch better.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:52 AM   #11  
msfez

Hello Everybody! Just peeking in. Sorry to hear you're ill Meowee. There's something going around all the time this time of year. Take care of yourself.

Yes Rosey, I did consider wadding those pants up and throwing them in the closet. I figured that my DS would be on me like the crabs until I got them done. Yes, those mock danishes are good. I guess I've made them in every flavor there is.

Gotta run now and get started. Laundry Day. Have a nice day Everybody! Bye.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:44 PM   #12  
creations

Good Afternoon everyone.
Went for a short walk this morning after a bs of 152. Can't take my brace back until Thursday and can't walk too much in it,Its rubbing on the side of my foot. Can't afford any sores.
Had flurries this morning,suppose to be in the 60's by the weekend.

Judy
Old 03-06-2006, 02:13 PM   #13  

Talking

Morning everyone..another cold and grey day.. was watching the chicadees and nut- hatches on the birdfeeder while i had coffee makes me yearn for spring..im still stiff and sore esp if i move suddenly or twist to the left ..no lows last night and sl 113 this am..meowee.. take care of yourself.. if i was your neighbor id make u some chix soup..how's the sewing going msfez?..my daughter and grd are coming to visit today..we are planning her 8th b-day party..the whole family will be here on the 15th for that day..we do alot of celebrating..and sometimes we dont even need a reason hello to all and (((( )))))) rosey
Old 03-06-2006, 03:52 PM   #14  

Oooo new thread and just in time for my return to! hi gang, sorry I have been away so long, got stuck down in New mexico with hubby. least it's warm down there right now lol!
Feeling like a beached whale this week, seems in the wonders of my pcos my body decided to spring a cycle on me without warning as usual and wait for 24 hours to fill me up with that wonderful water retention feeling... AND the scales show an 8lb gain /sigh, please tell me I didn't gain and that it's just water!!!!
Picked up an off the shelf drug *Sugar Blocker* not sure how it's going to pan out but giving it a try anyway. However my SL's are back up in the 150's again, but that's because i have been bad the last week and not really been eating well =( Back to the rabbit food now I am home!!...yeah...lettuce.... bleh!

*hugs to all* nice to be back home, chat to you all tomorrow!

-Dianne
Old 03-07-2006, 09:53 AM   #15  
msfez

Hello Everybody! It's cold and rainy here and they said it will be till Saturday. Might even thunderstorm Thur and Fri. Every joint in my body is hurting or sore this morning. Maby I will loosen up a little when I get started cleaning this nasty house today. I been sewing the last few days and have let it go. When I was in the closet getting the fabric out for the pants form **** I found a bag of pretty good size fake fur samples. My cat sorta liked them so I guess my next project will be "Fake Fur Cat Toys Filled With Catnip". I'd better wait unil I get in a little better shape before I start so I can fight Him off while I'm stuffing them with catnip. He's a big old Kitty! Take care of yourselves and have a nice day. Bye.
Closed Thread