Old 03-03-2006, 11:29 PM   #1  
Lois

Default 1 Year / 100 lb. Buddy #3

Here's our new thread... nothing like a fresh start!

Last edited by ladylane06; 03-04-2006 at 01:04 PM.
ladylane06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 12:34 AM   #2  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Checking in! Glad to have a new thread, hopefully I can keep up a little better now!
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:51 AM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

what program is everyone on?
princesspuffypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 02:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/219/135

Thumbs up

Hey Chickies!

Lois- Thank you for the link! I can see myself going searching for you'll!

princesspuffypants- I think everyone here is doing something different! I am doing Low calorie/ Low carb and Exercising everyday or every other day (depending on if my kids let me) lol! I am Urban rebounding (now that it finally came in the mail) and tae bo ( but I may give that up now)! I do strength training everyday too! One day I work upper body, next day I work core and the next I work lower! Come join us! I have never in my life felt this much support! If you are having a bad day(week, month or year) you can tell us about it! We don't mind!

Well Ladies I will talk to you'll tomorrow!
mama4dmkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 06:23 AM   #5  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Java turtle - welcome to the group!! WTG getting back on that horse again - we all know how hard it is but having the support of a group like this makes an amazing difference. I feel sure I would not have lost so much if it weren't for this group of girls!!

Lois, I was going to suggest posting a link to the new thread as the last post of the old thread - but I see you beat me to it!!

Luan - I'm doing calorie counting and exercise - I use Nutridiary to keep track of cals eaten and cals burned. I also do a 55 minute workout video 4-5 x a week.

Well, scales were down 1.1 this morning since yesterday - I'm in the 180s guys!!! 33% of my goal completed!! Feeling good, looking sexy!!
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 06:23 AM   #6  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Well . . . here we are. Another cold morning but it looks like the sun is thinking of putting in an appearance.

Thanks for starting the new thread, Lois. Although I'm not too sure why you gave it a number instead of a name. But that's just me, I'm rather numerically challenged, I guess. Glad you got here so easily, Mama. I hope it helps me keep up to date, too, Cassie.

Welcome aboard, PPP. I'm diabetic so I basically count calories, but by keeping track of exchanges as recommended by the CDA (Canadian Diabetic Association). Exercise is my downfall, but I do try to move more everyday in the hope I'll eventually look forward to exercising. So far it isn't working. But I will get there, someday.

Have a good morning, everybody. See you later.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 08:31 AM   #7  
I'm In Exile

S/C/G: HUGE/HUGE/Semi-Normal

YAY we have a new thread!! I really like the idea of starting a new thread monthly, as much as we gab, we could probably do one weekly

I'm on South Beach and its day 13 of Phase 1, one more day of Phase 1 and I can move on to Phase 2

13 days and 20 pounds gone I know it will slow down once I add some carbs back in the mix but I think I've lost this fairly quickly because it was from a recent gain. I had lost some weight last year and my grand total is 60 pounds

We can do this!!! I'm so happy I have a place for support with people fighting the same battle as I am. So often on support boards people say they are there to lose weight but they are really just there for the social aspects and lose focus of the goal, I can tell that we are all SERIOUS about this goal
Countess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 10:00 AM   #8  
Red Team Member

Princesspuffypants~I am just calorie counting, and as soon as my doc says it's okay, I will begin an exercise program!

Robsia~ Congrats on another loss! That's awesome, you're doing wonderful!

Countess~ Wow, you're doing WONDERFUL! 20lbs off already, huh?! WTG!
Old 03-04-2006, 11:05 AM   #9  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies! Good news the scale has been good, I am back down to where I was the morning before last. Now I gotta work on getting that number below what it is now. I gotta a feeling that won't come till next week, as I gotta birthday party to go to today. My neices. I have to drive 2 hrs. to get there and 2 hours back. Wish me luck and strength and a safe drive as it is snowing here. I'll be back to do some personals hopefully 2nite! Love the new thread Lois, feels like a fresh start. Welcome to the newbies!

Later all!
~Tina
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 12:43 PM   #10  
Red Team Member

Tina~Wishing you a safe trip today, and have lots of fun!

Well, I need a little encouragement. I am REALLY stressing over my weight right now! I know what you all told me about AF and weight, but I feel like I am stuck and it's never going to go down. AF is almost over, and there is no sign of this weight going anywhere. I have been eating well under my allowed 2,000 calories a day, and the scale still won't budge. Well, it goes back and forth from 279-281. I am just so worried about it, because I am really doing my best! I can't wait to be cleared for exercise.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:42 PM   #11  
Lois

Default Checking in...

Glad everyone found the new thread ok...

A big warm to the new comers!

I've gotten behind and I'm feeling lazy today... we sure are a busy bunch. To the losers.. Congrats! ...you all keep us motivated and focused.

To me and those struggling with the evil scale this week... well, we have to just hang in the there. I've been doing things right too with eating and exercising... heck I even bumped up the workouts this week, maybe that's it, muscle gain... I sure hope so. AF is packing up and about to go... hahaha! Today is my day off from exercise and weigh in is tomorrow so I hope I have a loss to report... wish me luck!

I hope everyone has and is having a great weekend!

p.s. Linda I chose a # to coincide with the month as an easy reference, I know you will always find us, if not we'll come looking for you! :

ladylane06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:57 PM   #12  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Good Morning ladies. I woke up today with the nasty cold my daughter had and I really feel like crap. So no exercising today even though I really want to. I just don't see myself making it all the way through. Tomorrow was supposed to be my rest day but now instead I'll make today my rest day and exercise tomorrow. Feels good to feel a nice little ache in my abs from exercising yesterday.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to get some food shopping done. I've been doing the exercising but no good on the eating since I didn't have the money yet to get more. But I should be able to do it tomorrow. My plan is simply a low fat/low (or really good) carb combination. And if I want something outside of that realm then it has to be in moderation and sparingly.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 02:07 PM   #13  
Slow and Steady

Hi all.

I sure would love to lose 100 lbs by my one year healthy lifestyle anniversary (1/6). Wow. Sounds like a big job but I know I can do it.
I've been struggling lately with cereal. I don't know why but I can really pig out on Honey Nut cheerios. I guess there are worse things to pig out on though, lol.

It's nice to "meet" you all. Have a great day!
Quirky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 04:10 PM   #14  

A big to Princess, Javaturtle and Quirky! Great having you gals join us. Look forward to getting to know you better.

Robsia...WOW! your in the 180's, I think I'm green with jealousy! LOL That's great, I'm so happy for you, and you have worked so hard to get there.

Countess...20 lbs is great!! Keep up the good work.

I have had a good day so far and the sun is shining even tho the wind is bitterly cold, so that puts me in a pretty good mood. I have done pretty good food wise today, made wise choices. Have plenty of points left, so if I want a snack tonight, I can have one.

I'll Check in later,

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 05:16 PM   #15  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

You know - do you ever feel like an idiot?

I have got into the habit of weighing myself before and after I do my workout. I don't count it as I know it's always more in the evenings (when I workout) but I was confused as to why it was always more afterwards! Usually about 0.5 lb.

Anyway I was talking about it to my SO last night and it suddenly clicked. I must drink about 1.5 pints of water during the workout and that water must weigh a fair bit! So the added weight is just the water in my tummy! I felt very silly.

Anyway - done 4/30 of my Lenten workouts so far! Well on track!

I had a bit of a blip today. Saturday is my daughter's 'sweetie day'. I give her about 30p and she buys a packet of sweeties or a chocolate bar and has it after lunch. Anyway, her dad gave her some money this week and she had £2.40. She was all for spending it all on sweets but I put my foot down and said she could only spend £1 on sweeties. So she bought three packets and mixed them all up in a bowl which then spent the day in the living room.

I did try and resist, really I did but I just kept picking I don't think I had too much, maybe an extra 200 calories or so. So I really worked hard on my workout this evening to try and work them off.

She put the rest of the money with a £1 voucher she got form school for World Book day and bought herself a book.

Quirky - I KWYM about cereals. I love cornflakes and Crunchy Nut cornflakes - I could eat a box a night!!
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote