Old 03-03-2006, 03:44 PM   #1  
White and Nerdy

S/C/G: 264/260/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Going for my consult...

I'm going in for a consult today. I'm nervous- I don't do well with people trying to sell me on items- I tend to get grumpy.
AF is in the house too, so I'm even more emotional.
Keep me in mind!
-Andrea
andrea464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 04:15 PM   #2  

read over the boards before going in so you will know what your choices are before agreeing to anything,.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 05:51 PM   #3  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Good luck with the consult Andrea, and welcome!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 06:33 PM   #4  

hey Andrea! It's me (pjkohan) from IDOB--way to go!! i can't wait to hear how it went for you. Let me know if you need anything!
Mom2Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 07:19 PM   #5  
White and Nerdy

S/C/G: 264/260/160

Height: 5'7"

Thanks guys!
It went well. I'm wary of doing it though. I haven't signed anything yet.
My biggest problem right now is money. We have the money, but I don't want to spend that much money on myself (she tried to pull the "You deserve it!" thing). We just bought a newer car for me a few days ago.
If the money were split into even two payments, I'd be willing to work with that.
I'm afraid to put that much money into something, and then me not be happy with it, KWIM?
I have the knowledge for weight loss, I just really need the accountability (spelling?).
DH and I are going to talk about it, see what he thinks (not that he would tell me no).
andrea464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 07:22 PM   #6  
Megan

S/C/G: 196/188/160

andrea the center is nice because you know you have to go 3 times a week to weigh in and be honest with them. but to be totally honest with you I have gotten more support and helpful advice from this site. I almost wish I had found this site before I signed the contract. but like i said the center helps because you know you have to go and be honest.
30lbsby22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 07:48 PM   #7  
Karen

Andrea, I agree with Megan. I know all the weight loss tricks. I can diet with the best of them. However, I need the accountability. I need to go in and face the scale. Plus, if I have a bad minute, I weigh in within the next day or so and then start over again. Weighing in once a week for me doesn't work because if I have a bad day on day 2 or 3, the rest of the days are bad, too. :-)

I joined but without the lights. The LA Lights are the biggest expense. Keep in mind that some of the counselors are sales people with diet training. One of our counselors is an RN who has lost over 180lbs but most are hired as sales people. LAWL makes their money from the products. The cost to join and the individual attention is cheap compared to other programs. The counselors are paid commission for what they sell and have the ability to offer discounts to aid you in your buying decisions. You do not have to purchase any supplements. And this board has a wealth of knowledge. I've learned more here than I have from my COD.
ksdiogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 08:50 PM   #8  
Love Handles Me!

Default Welcome!

Welcome and congratulations to the LAWL diet. This is a really good program and I just started on this site as well at the beginning of February. I'm down 8 pounds so far. All I can say is I know its expensive by golly I know. But my center was able to let me postdate 3 checks for the plan. So anything is possible.

Also this site is really helpful and the people here are great shoulders to lean on when you need to vent. And I believe if you have any questions just ask, and someone will surely have something inspirational or the facts to suppport what you're contemplating or having a hard time with.

Again welcome and good luck.
kaua4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:17 PM   #9  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Andrea,
I did the same thing. I freaked out about spending that much. The counselor was pretty disgusted that I walked away. I just wanted a minute to regroup and to talk to DH about it. The decision was mine and I take care of our finances, but I would totally go postal if he spent $600 without talking to me first about it. I had lost 90 lbs. before and ended up gaining 50 of it back. I just couldn't get into the groove of doing it myself, I had to be accountable to someone. DH was all for it and said that my health was worth it and he was worried about my health at my current weight but wouldn't say anything fearing he would hurt my feelings. So for me, it was definitely worth it. Although now I am in the groove and could probably do it by myself along with all the advice and support from the chickies here.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:19 PM   #10  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

My center gave me a few different payment options other than paying right up front. I know each center is different, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:29 PM   #11  
slowlyshrinking

Remember that you set the goal, not the center - so pick some intermediate number that adds up to a reasonable amount of money, and go for that. That's what I did - and the first 65 pounds went so well, I bought more weeks. But they go on sale every once in a while, so I got them at a discount. You can always change your goal later if you want to, and that essentially is paying in installments. Good luck and welcome!
slowlyshrinking is offline   Reply With Quote