UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-03-2006, 05:13 PM   #1  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

Default #!%&^*&£$% flytippers!!!

So, it happens alot and where I live people seem to dump their rubbish where they like, theres a uphill alley type thing (then down hill) were I live and Its next to steps but with a bike I use the fairly steep slope (made for pushchairs I guess)
on occasion people will dump bags of old clothes and I cycled over trew and found it difficult, or people who are meant to deliever free newspapers will dump whole stacks of em up there and when it rains it gets all soggy and my tires wont grip the pavement properly and Ill slip everywhere while turning.
I know what your thinking, why down I just carry my bike over it, well why should I? step in all that crap? and what about the pushchairs that that isnt an option for.
well all those things were bad enough but a few days ago a lundry bag appeared with a duvet and then a day later two beds are sitting there!
I ignore and ride past and get to where I need to be(just maybe the path smaller). Well today Im running late for uni and start cycling and get the the destiation in question and I cant ride up because the 2 beds are laying on the floor blocking the entier path, I was annoyed got off my bike pick one then two up and on to the weeds next to it(wooden frames=light)
and I get onto my bike and now Im stationary on an incleine and need to put a bit of umph in the cycling to get going well the chain didnt catch and I fall down with the pedal and hit the the stupid mans bike crossbar but the side of my coutch hitting my bone, owwies, I later found out I broke the skin,
is there anything I can do about these damn flytippers? I mean the council arent much help at all.
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 06:18 PM   #2  

ring the council and see if they'll move it. You could also try ringing environmental waste as it encourages rats and the like. Also try complaining to your MP this does sometimes work.
impossible princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 03:56 AM   #3  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

cool, thanks Ill do that
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 04:00 PM   #4  
Pending Email Confirmation

Flytipping my worse nightmare, it's seriously increased in our town since we went onto 2 weekly normal rubbish collections... I take more flytipping calls in my job than I ever did....

Our council policy is to remove items dumped within 10 days after an inspector has visited to see if they can gather evidence of who has dumped the rubbish. You would be amazed at what people leave in bin bags. If they gather evidence then the council I work for will prosecute and fine them.

Urgent items that are removed within 24 items are things that are dangerous to children such as fridges, gas objects, things with doors where a child can claim into etc...
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:05 AM   #5  

Our council seem to be super efficient. We had a matress down the side of our path (its by the road but our land) while we were waiting for the landlords mate to collect it next thing we knew it was gone and a neighbour said the council came and took it.

I presume someone complained but I dont know what kind of busy body would complain about something that wasn't even on a public path.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:20 AM   #6  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

We recently had a new bathroom put in and a friend asked if she could have the old one (I don't know why, it was a disgusting pale coffee colour). Anyway, the plumber took it out and stacked it in the front garden and the next day it was gone so I just assumed my friend had come along and taken it while I was out until a couple of days later when she phoned to ask when she could come along to collect it.

I've asked the neighbours and nobody saw the going of it - I can only think the Council must have collected it because we live in a back lane of a tiny village in the middle of nowhere so I can't imagine that anyone would have nicked it.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:02 AM   #7  

You should ring them up and ask and claim the cost of a new one. lol.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:44 AM   #8  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Good idea! I might get DH to do that tomorrow on his day off - he's good at sounding officious, controlled, 'justifiably' angry and reasonable all at the same time.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote