Old 03-03-2006, 01:06 PM   #1  

Default Splitting up dairies

I just found out I am not supposed to split my dairies (19 weeks into my plan!). I had been eating 4 oz. of yogurt and drinking 4 oz. of skim milk. I was told that you can't do this it needs to be 8 oz. of yogurt or 8 oz. of milk, not a little of both. They couldn't really explain why. Any ideas? Do you think this might have stalled my weight loss (as you all know I have been losing slowly). They say it's because I am only 138 pounds and it gets harder toward the end, but I just don't see it making a huge difference.
loseitlaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:38 PM   #2  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

I never understand those explanations, but it's your call. Do it their way or not. But they may blame the slow weight loss on it. However, since you're apparently close to goal, that's why it's slow (like they said). Deetsmom can verify that!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:51 PM   #3  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

I have split my dairies from the beginning. I can't handle drinking 8 oz. of milk, but like 4 oz on my cereal. I like mixing 4 oz. of yogurt with my fruit then I can have an oz of cheese (still listed as a dairy in my plan book). I write it down like that and they haven't said anything at all, but I am losing every time I go in. I think that they need to pick your journal apart when you are not losing regularly or losing very slow so they feel they are doing their job.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:54 PM   #4  
PurpleSunshine

I think Debbie has a good answer - sine you are close to goal and are losing slowly - they are just trying to find something to help - maybe your body doesn't like the splitting of dairy - I will admit I don't go to the COD - but I split mine and it hasn't bothered my WL
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 02:18 PM   #5  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

I usually split mine also 4oz with cereal and then cheese with a meal. I'm quite always from my goal weight, so that is why they have probably never said anything to me. I agree with the others, since you are so close to goal that is why maybe you are not losing more. It's worth a shot maybe instead of milk use it as cheese or something else you can stand more of and see if that helps.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 02:25 PM   #6  
Losing the Weight!

I've Always split mine. I have 4 oz of Skim Milk in the morning with some sort of cereal and then I usually have a stick of string Cheese (low fat Mot.) as a quick snack while cooking dinner. (Keeps me from "grazing" )

No one has ever even questioned it. They do question if I only get a half in during the day, but never that I've split them.
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 04:06 PM   #7  

I completely agree about the nitpicking with the diaries. When you ask a question or are not loosing, they will say everything you have done before that was great when you were loosing is now wrong.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 05:54 PM   #8  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Yeah, my center has done that to me before. I split a protein once, and they insisted that was why I had not lost a lb for 2 weeks. Ya, right. Anyway, I too split my dairy every single day, and it has not seemed to hurt me either.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 11:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

In my personal opinion, I don't think it does (or could) have any effect on your weight loss. What I DO think, is that it makes it harder for THEM to go through your journal and count up what you have eaten.

I think once you know your plan, and are familiar enough with it to do that-that you should if it works for you. I don't think you should the first couple weeks though-while you are getting the hang of the food plan-but once it is second nature, go right ahead.

It makes no stinking difference if I eat a cup of strawberries right now, or if I eat half now and half two hours from now. They just want something to "pick" about.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 03:34 PM   #10  
Katie

Height: 5'1

You know, how can it be wrong to split dairys when so many of the recipes on the web site call for 1/2 dairy?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 05:01 PM   #11  

LAWL psuedoscience again
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 10:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/175/140

I was told I can't split my dairies also. There explanation 1/2 of this and 1/2 of that does not make a full serving. Of course it depends on who I see, one sayes one thing and the next tell us something different.
lak_55119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:42 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

I was told by the center manager to try to split my dairies so I would feel like I'm getting more in and not missing out on anything. (I'm a big cheese & yogurt fan!) She suggested 1 oz cheese and 4 oz yogurt.
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:11 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lak_55119
I was told I can't split my dairies also. There explanation 1/2 of this and 1/2 of that does not make a full serving. Of course it depends on who I see, one sayes one thing and the next tell us something different.

WHAT????!!!

So, they didn't go to elementary school I take it.

I better tell my 7 year old that adding 1/2 + 1/2 does NOT equal 1, because that is what she is learning in school.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:36 AM   #15  
NASCAR Chick

S/C/G: 181/177.6/???/124

Height: 5'4"

I was once told this by one of the counsellors. I aksed why and, when she didn't know, asked her to find out. When she came back from speaking to the manager and nutritionist, she said that it was OK but that SHE still didn't think I should do it.

Suzanne
Bobby18 is offline   Reply With Quote