Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-03-2006, 12:13 AM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Default bump in the road

well i went out to dinner with a friend had a glass of wine and a grilled chicken sandwhich and french fries. I ate everything i was served which was unecessary and i def did not have the cals for that today.

oh well.

i guess it just got to me because this is the first time i have eaten over 1600 in quite a few days. and alreayd i am only losing a lb a week ish... so this cant help.

im not going to weigh tomorrow (because i had like 1/2 a cup of ketchup and im sure that salt wont help)

im just going to be extra good tomorrow and try to do lots of protien low carb and weigh on sat.

this does mean i prob wont get to my minus 10 goal by march 20th.

oh well.

just needed an understanding ear!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:16 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Yah oh well... it's just ONE day. Keep the perspective and keep going!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 05:08 AM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I wouldn't worry - like you say, it's just a bump in the road. Keep going.

If we never ate out again, we would be in a sorry state! These things happen, it's what you do MOST of the time that counts. One slip-up won't harm.

Keep drinking plenty of water to flush out that dreaded sodium
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 08:23 AM   #4  
Running Wild

bumps are inevitable! its all good. heck if it were me i would wait till sunday to weigh. just in case. then again I NEVER weigh myself. maybe just wait another week??

hugs!!
JustJuneBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 08:51 AM   #5  
LLV

One day isn't going to ruin everything. I've had MANY of those one days, lol.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 08:53 AM   #6  
LLV

And keep in mind that sometimes it can actually do your body good to eat a few more calories on occasional days. You need calories to burn fat. If you have a day where you eat more than usual, your body will up its metabolism some to burn off those extras. Then when you drop back down the next day, your metabolism is still revving and you'll burn extra calories.

Or at least that's what the experts say
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

don't sweat it. i ate out big time last saturday morning. i had a huge waffle drenched in syrup, 2 fried eggs and 3 peices of bacon. then at lunch i had a hot dog on a bun, birthday cake and icecream, cheese crackers with a velvetta and salsa dip. then dinner was another hot dog and small peice of cake. and i didn't gain weight from it. i stayed at the same weight. well, my weight "fluctuated" back up later that week, and by Friday it was back down to where i was Saturday morning before i ate all that food. so, don't stress it. occassionally we need to just eat and be happy. pay penance the next day. just make sure you do pay penance the next day and stay on the wagon. don't think that one bad day has ruined all your hard work. i've lost 17 pounds. i'm not going to let one meal ruin all that hard work.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

I bet if you count up all the calories from the "bump" it may not be as bad as you think. Remember, 3500 calories equals a pound!

There will be bumps along the way. I am learning that the trick is to keep them in perspective, rather than use them as an excuse to just chuck the whole thing. I do try to plan my bumps, after I eat I just count up the calories. Especially if I know a big event is coming, I do try to eat a little light before and after to account for it, but sometimes life just happens, ya know? If you feel you did poorly, try to learn from the exerperience, and then move on. It will be okay.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 05:56 PM   #9  

thanks everyone! i didn't weigh this am but i could button a blazer that i couldn't a couple of weeks ago so i guess that is a good sign!

and also- now that im thinking a bit more positively- i did walk the 14 blocks to and from my place to the restaurant. at least i did that! haha

today im eating about 25% carbs and about equal split on the other 75% fat and prot. and lots o water.
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 06:04 PM   #10  
..5, 6, 7, 8!

Height: 5'9

I've had quite a few speed bumps on my way this week.. Hopefully I'll have a better week next week.
Shalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 06:44 PM   #11  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

Wow, Freddy, walking 14 blocks is great! And I'm sure the blazer buttons boosted your spirits, too! Sounds like you're already back on track. Good for you!
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 07:35 PM   #12  
I'm doing this for me!

S/C/G: 205/196/160

Height: 5 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by readyfreddy

this does mean i prob wont get to my minus 10 goal by march 20th.

oh well.

You really shouldn't beat yourself up. Surely as long as you loose the weight long term then thats whats important.

I hve set myself so many "deadlines" in the past and given up soon after because I thought they were unattainable if I didn't lose as much weight as i'd thought.

The thing is, if I had just lost the weight slowly and sensibly (instead of aiming for my next big night out or getaway) then the weight would have come off eventually, and I'd be a lot slimmer now too

I've learnt from my mistakes now. This time I'm not setting any deadlines, just manageable goals, and it dosn't matter how long it takes to get there - I'll do it in my own time.

Remember, weight loss isn't about a DIET its about changing your lifestyle for good.
Sassy-Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 07:42 PM   #13  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

Wow. Deadlines. I just came to this very same revelation today. Setting goals haven't been a problem for me, it was those dad-blasted deadlines! Setting, and then missing them, was just self-created stress and was totally not worth it!

I started a thread about it just this afternoon, under the Chicks in Control section. Let me get the link . Ah, yes, here it is: Goals, Yes, but No More Deadlines.
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:05 PM   #14  
Slow and Steady...

S/C/G: 250/179/140

I allow myself one guilt-free meal a week. I love burgers and fries, so that is what I usually end up eating as my guilt-free meal. I think that if I didn't, I would go crazy. It really helps me not binge because I don't feel as deprived.

I also excuse myself from weigh in, like you did, when I know it isn't going to do my mind any good.

Good luck and move forward!!!

Alicia
curlygurl1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 12:35 AM   #15  

Height: 5'8.5"

Glad the guilt free meal helps you... I take the opposite approach and don't want to think of food as a "treat."

Dance
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote