Old 03-03-2006, 12:39 AM   #1  
Losing the Weight!

Default What about Yogurt?

I'm looking at Dannon Lite Fat Free and Yoplait Lite Fat Free... are these ok?

The break down is:
Dannon:

Cal: 60
Fat: 0
Cholesterol: Less than 5mg
Sodium: 95mg
Potassium: 240mg
Total Carbs: 11g
Sugars: 7g
Protein: 5g

Youplait:

Cal: 100
Fat: 0
Cholesterol: Less than 5mg
Sodium: 90mg
Potassium: 260mg
Total Carbs: 20g
Sugars: 14g
Protein: 5g

I'm hoping that these are ok, because I can't find sugar free and these are my second choice... Yoplait Whips being my first, but they have WAY too much sugar.

Input would be apprciated. THANKS.
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 07:07 AM   #2  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

We eat the Yoplait lite fat free (blue) every day and it hasn't been a problem. Remember though, it's only 6 oz. so you can 2 more oz. of something else.

Thanks for the breakdown--looks like we should switch to the Dannon!!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 08:09 AM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Are the packages the same size? The plan calls for EIGHT oz of light yogurt, many are just 6. I used to strictly buy the Dannon Light then found that I LOVE Stop&Shop's brand (surprising to me since I am such a brand name wh*re)- thye have Banana flavor- its really great! I dont know if any of you have A&P supermarkets either, theirs is good too.

This brings up the point thourh about scrutinizing labels...I went to buy "light" teriyaki yesterday and spent 10 min in the store reading every label. The one lowest in sodium wasnt even labeled "low sodium" or "light"...go figure. You gotta take the time to read, for sure.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:06 PM   #4  
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetsmom
Are the packages the same size? The plan calls for EIGHT oz of light yogurt, many are just 6. I used to strictly buy the Dannon Light then found that I LOVE Stop&Shop's brand (surprising to me since I am such a brand name wh*re)- thye have Banana flavor- its really great! I dont know if any of you have A&P supermarkets either, theirs is good too.

This brings up the point thourh about scrutinizing labels...I went to buy "light" teriyaki yesterday and spent 10 min in the store reading every label. The one lowest in sodium wasnt even labeled "low sodium" or "light"...go figure. You gotta take the time to read, for sure.

I know the Yoplait is 6 ounces. Thats about all I can take in a sitting. I figured I could use those other 2 ounces with light cheese or something. I haven't looked at the Dannon container to see how many ounces, but I will tonight.

Also, that Yoplait breakdown that I put up was for the Thick & Creamy. I bought one last night in the hopes that it would be similar to the Whips. The Whips are what started me eating Yogurt in the first place, up until then I just couldn't do it... LOL

Anyway, I'll check that Dannon label for size, and I'm hoping these are good, the thick and creamy is Peach, the others are Blackberry and Marionberry (I got just one of each to try).

Crossing my fingers...
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:22 PM   #5  
Princess Heather

most single serve come in 6 oz...at least that I have found! Or they have the lunch sizes that come in 4 oz. I like those because I can have two and count it as 1 dairy.
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:17 PM   #6  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

S/C/G: 262/182/160

I dont think I have seen the lunch sizes.....or are them the ones that come in a pack of 6?
angelica1674 is offline   Reply With Quote