Old 02-27-2006, 11:42 AM   #1  

Default STOP THE INSANITY! Weekly Challenge #9

The object of this thread is to STOP THE INSANITY! of doing the same thing week in and week out to lose weight, expecting different results, and not getting them! We invite you to challenge yourself to establish a new weight loss ACTION each week and repeat it for 7 days straight. Choose whatever inspires you and will make a difference in your weight loss goal - a certain amount of water intake each day, no sweets, a certain amount or kind of exercise a day, etc.

If you don't master the action - take it on another week. Once you have mastered the action, continue that challenge but if you are not losing weight (or inches) STOP THE INSANITY! and up the anty on that goal or take on another. We will weigh in and declare our challenge(s) for the week each Monday. I will award kudos for each day you report success and at the end of the week for total pounds lost.

We will support each other by staying focussed on our successes and/or challenges of the day and week and keep our personal stories to a minimum. Our next goal date is April 2 - Daylight Savings Time - Let's see how much weight we can lose in 6 weeks!

mscat-
All that we have is right now. Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised and Someday is not a day of the week.
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:51 PM   #2  
dgpebbles

Hello everyone...Well todays weigh-in was not what I was hoping for..I was only down .8lb...oh well this week will be better...I need to get back on the workouts again...I've been working late everyday and not always getting in my workouts...but I have been eating good..
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 06:40 AM   #3  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Hello Ladies

Skipping weigh in this week as well - I know I haven't been good, but don't want the scale to tell me how bad exactly.

My challenge for this and the following 2 weeks:
- consistent bed routine (getting up at 7-7:30 am, in bed by 10:30 pm)
- drink at least 1.5 litres of water daily
- no food after 7 pm
- stability ball exercises and midriff exercises (different crunches) at least 5 times/week
- long walks with the dog 2-3 times/week

Monday was a no-go, today slightly better... got the water in, took the dog for a walk and no food after dinner. But I've been going to bed at scandalous times recently... Should get better by tomorrow though, as I have an early morning appointment.
I'm very very very happy to say I've met my February goal, and even exceeded it by 30 seconds! Not that 30 seconds is much, I know, but still half a minute more than just 500 minutes!

No idea when I'll be able to check in next... So hugs and greetings to everyone.

Last edited by Sushi Penguin; 02-28-2006 at 06:58 AM.
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 11:58 AM   #4  

Default Mornin' Ladies

It's great to see posting today! Thank you. Here are last weeks kudos. . .

carla 1 pound down at the beginning of the week (I am taking that it held)

Sushi for 3 days of reported goals met and on your February exercise goal! BTW Great goals for this week - You can do it!

Bonnie back - We know you had fun with the GD - the break is always worth it when it comes to quality time with famly. Now get to work

pebbles back too! And a for that lb down (.8 is close enough to count for a whole pound!) Hope you are feeling better. If you haven't already, bookmark the Support Groups page and then you should always be able to find our newest thread on the 1st page (sometimes the 2nd if we are not diligent with posting!)

acire back! You are going to get off the INSANITY of the vicious cycle and peddle in a new direction!

And me . . . I only worked out one day while I was away and actually gained 6lbs on my vacation But on Saturday and Sunday I did a 2 mile and 3 mile WATP and lost 2 of those vacation lbs - so I am only up 4 which is a miracle since I went out for dinner 4 times and my Mom really cooks. Did 2 mile WATP on Monday

Have a great day everyone and let's all report something good this evening.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:17 PM   #5  

Default Where is everyone?

I am missing so many friends

I had a great Fat Tuesday at church last night and topped off this evening with Ash Wednesday service. Had my last fat meal and ready to get back on track. Having trouble getting started on the rice diet though. Decided to give up high def tv (in the living room) after 10 for Lent. It keeps me up too late and I know that sleep deprivation is one of the weight loss villians I must overcome.

So tonight I left DH in the living room and I spent the hour from 10 - 11 getting ready for bed with the smaller tv in the bedroom on in the backround. I found I was spending very little attention on the tv and got in a great shower, mask, moisturized my face, lotioned my body, treated my teeth, wrapped my hair, took out my contacts. It was great and as soon as I finish this post - I am off to bed before 11:30! You have no idea what a miracle that is for me.

Have a great day and hope to hear from everyone tomorrow.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:45 PM   #6  
dgpebbles

well yesterday I managed to get in 30 min workout...Today I got up and cut my grass...went to a mexican resturant with my friend and I only had a salad with beef fajita with salsa and a tiny bit of ranch...but boy was it tempting to eat everything else.

Off now to book store to find something good to read..
Old 03-02-2006, 11:15 PM   #7  

Default Uuuuugh!

I am struggling today - had a great breakfast and then worked thru lunch ( ). By the time I left work I was starving which led to the dreaded Do you know how long it has been since I have gotten a burger there? Fortunately, I can say it has been a long time.

When I got home I layed down and fell asleep on tv and didn't wake up until hubby came home at 8:30! I think my bad nutrition caused a drop in my energy levels. I am in the bed again and I have been here since 10:00!

Gotta get back on an eating and exercise plan. Getting it done tomorrow and the rest of the week.

pebbles on a great exercise workout and for your STI moment at the restaurant. You inspire me.

Nitey Nite!
Old 03-03-2006, 05:23 AM   #8  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

I'm having a rough week - nothing is working and everything is getting messed up, and everything means both my challenges and life in general. Don't want to whine, but I'm feeling quite miserable at the moment. Maybe I'd feel better if my challenges were going good... and it's not that they're not going good because of other things, I don't see why and how "life" should be getting in the way of me, for example, doing stability ball exercises and not eating after 7 pm. So no excuses. Maybe the weekend will be better... at this point, it doesn't seem like that'll happen, but I want to at least try to remain positive...
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:00 AM   #9  
dgpebbles

mscat- sorry you had a bad supper yesterady...I always carry a kashi granola bar in my purse so if I can get lunch or have to work late; I at least have something to snack on so I wont be starving to bad and then pig out...Todays is a new day..

Sushi- sorry your having a bad week. ..maybe you should at least change your eating time to 8pm...I dont know what time you go to bed but I know that with my work schedule that 7 would be pushing it...at least with 8pm it will take some of that pressure off you...

well today we have a meeting at 10:30 and they are going to feed us lunch...I hope it's good or we have choices...anyway I'll do the best I can at it...I will let you know later what happened..

Also I ran into an old friend yesterday and she just joined a gym near us and wants me to go with her....I'm going to try it out for a month cause I have a free one month pass and if I like it I'm going to join...I'm excited to go now...I never wanted to go by myself and couldn't find anyone to go with me.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:13 PM   #10  

Default HI Chickies!

Hey Ladies - I can't believe it but my weight went back up 2lbs and then back down 2lbs. I worked all day at a teen summit at the University. I was exhausted when I got home. Didn't take any good food with me but starting tomorrow Donna - I am going to keep an emergency stash with me!

Sushi - one of the things I have found really helps is to realize that it is okay to take a break from your routine. Otherwise it is easy to get discouraged. Take it easy on yourself for the rest of the week and remember you are human. You are awesome! You have been so consistent and you will be consistent again.

What you didn't do yesterday means nothig - what makes a difference is what you do from this point on. And you can choose for your time right now to be worry and stress free. A day or two of relaxation is not going to ruin everything as long as you are willing to get back to work.

Enjoy and then redirect your focus. Have a great weekend.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:22 PM   #11  

Hi Mscat and Co. This is just a quick drive-by post I'm actually taking a break from active 3fc participation, although I'm still lurking and will no doubt pop in when least expected. I need to find that old motivation again. No idea where it went , and meanwhile I find it hard to type posts with in one hand and in the other... I seem to be going for the land speed record in regaining lost pounds. My tracker is VERY not accurate right now. And blaming it on salt and grease and bloating just doesn't hold water (pardon the pun) any more.

Tuesday I'm leaving for a two-week holiday in San Fran, staying with a good friend. We'll either go all to h*** together or we'll find the inspiration to get back on track as a team.

Take care my friends, and good luck with your challenges.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 09:19 PM   #12  

Default Hi Ladies

Carla - we (particularly) I will miss you. Hope you find waht you need and return to share some of it with us.

I too have got to make a serious change - My weight shot up 6lbs today Partly due to the fact that I forgot my high blood pressure med and I am retaining a lot of water. I also know I am missing my daily exercise - so tomorrow I am back on a weekly challenge to move everyday (treadmill, stair climber, WATP etc.

I hope that there will be some friends to take on a challenge this week with me!
Old 03-06-2006, 08:06 AM   #13  
dgpebbles

I'm with you mscat...I've been lacking in the exercise lately too....I did good all week till yesterday...I'm up 1.5lb from yesterday but still down 1lb for the week...I had a bad day of eating yesterday and sodium intake was high at 4200 wow so I would say I'm retaining fluid...Think I'm going to wait till tomorrow to report final weigh-in for week though to see if I lose some fluid today
Old 03-06-2006, 05:07 PM   #14  

Default New Thread for the Week!

DON'T POST HERE - GO TO STOP THE INSANITY WEEKLY CHALLENGE #10!

MSCAT