Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2001, 11:38 PM   #1  

Default Monday!

Hi Everyone I know, I'm a bit early for the Monday thread but I figured I'd start it anyways and get the week going! I'm in a pretty good mood... just took a nice long hot bubble bath which definitely improved my spirits.

I'm really excited. I'm in "virgin fat" territory. Exactly 200lbs... I sooo want to get under that big mark. I've been wanting to for oh about a year now LOL. It feels good to be there tho and I'm feeling really motivated. I'm happy I love my new gym... that should help a lot. I can't wait to go tomorrow!

Anyways Hope you are all having a great day.
Old 10-08-2001, 09:33 AM   #2  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all. Well, my weekend was going well food-wise until a cake made its way into my house. It was a small one from teh store, and I ate almost 1/2 of it yesterday. I pitched the rest and told hubby too bad, it had to go. So i was really down on that, but my WW leader always says to find the positive and move on. So the positive is that I did not eat the entire thing (and I really wanted too) and now I am moving on. I have had oatmeal for breakfast that I made with pumpken pie spice and no sugar or milk. I did have a double portion (5pts) but I counted it and I am really hungry when I get up in the morning. I have brought an apple for a snack and some Tastetations to beat the candy craving. I WILL journal all day and stay within my points. I mean really, I am getting 40pts a day. You would think that would be plenty...but baby gets so hungry!

I am off to the Dr. today. I can not believe it has been 4 weeks since my last appt. So we will see how the scale is today.

Ok, got to go.

Trish
Old 10-08-2001, 09:34 AM   #3  
Running Babe

Shalyne: Your weight-loss is great you also seem to have a renewed sense of enthusiasm, that's really good. Enjoy your gym!

Stacey!!!! Happy Birthday! There are quite a few of us October babies here aren't there.... neato!

I get to spend the day with the boyfriend, it's going so well... even my parents like him. We had thanksgiving dinner with mom and dad yesterday. My brother's best friend was there and she's a nice enough gal, but she tends to dominate conversations with really exaggerated stories and stuff.... not sure how much BF was enjoying that... oh well.

Have a good day!

Ali
Old 10-08-2001, 09:40 AM   #4  
Running Babe

Default !

Trish: since my parent's didn't see me on my birthday they made me a cake yesterday... Tomorrow my dad is making his World famous pierogies (thanks god they're not friied..... I know there are a million ways to make pierogies) My dad is Polish so his are AMAZING!! I think I'll only have half of my usual amount though.

Interesting stuff I read in fitness... I ALWAYS have my sauces and dressings on the side and I barely use any of it which is good since according to researchers when you ask for the sauce on the side, you tend to get double the amount you would have received anyway. So just don't dump half on your food thinking you're getting less.... Just a little hint to everyone.

Hmmm, I am still in a bit of a slump... Eating too much some days... Luckily my weight seems to be plunging down again so I am happy. Generally though my food iuntake hasn't been too too bad.

Take Care!

Ali
Old 10-08-2001, 10:03 AM   #5  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Ok, I am back. had to run and do something for boss. Hate it when work gets in the way of my life. Oh, and my printer is broken (maybe my network connection, whatever!)

Ali: Glad you had fun with your folks and BF. My hubby met my family for the first time at Thanksgiving. He came ot visit us in Ohio for a few days (I was living in Kansas City at the time and he in Peoria...so we all traveled to visit parents). I was really nervous I remember but it all worked out well. Hope you enjoyed yoru cake.

Shalyne: you are doing so well. I love my new gym as well. I had to switch gym since my old one did not have any prenatal classes. My new one is so much better! and cheeper! Also, congrats on the 200!!!!! Way to go!!!

Ok, now I have to get some things done so I can get to the Dr. office. Will let you know how it goes.

Trish
Old 10-08-2001, 11:51 AM   #6  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default Back to the beach ...

Hi everyone ... back to work today after a week's vacation. My b/f and I were in the Outer Banks of North Carolina, and the house we rented was only 50 feet from the beach. We had gorgeous weather, in the high 70s, low 80s. The water was a little chilly, but OK to wade it. I even got sunburned on the back of my legs.

We didn't end up leaving until last Monday evening, though, because the paper where my b/f works at the last minute wouldn't let him take the whole week off. I couldn't believe it. After we paid for the rental house and everything! He only ended up with Tuesday through Friday off, but we made the best of it. We left Saturday morning for home (about a 6-hour drive), but he went directly to work, and worked the whole weekend. At least we got four whole days together, which is a lot more time we've gotten together than in the past 6 months or so.

As for food, don't ask. I'm sure I ate like a pig. No, I KNOW I ate like a pig. Lots of seafood, lots of eating out. We only cooked dinner one night, and that was steak. And because we moved in to our new house right before we left for vacation, I still haven't unpacked all the kitchen stuff, so I havne't been cooking. We'll see what the scale says on Wednesday!

Well, I better run and find some work to do. Not too much happened in the world of crime while I was gone, but I have to find me some new projects to work on.

See ya ..
Old 10-08-2001, 11:59 AM   #7  

Happy Monday everyone!

Boy, I hate Mondays, another long week. But, I did get lots of stuff done this weekend. My poor DH was out of work most of last week with strep throat, he is starting to feel better, I even had him up on the roof of the house cleaning gutters (I really felt bad), but he is on the mend, back to work today, and still working on a side line job at night (he plasters houses on the side, in addition to working 65 hours a week as an engineer for a power plant), what a good man......

Tonight the kids and I are going shopping for halloween costumes. That should be fun!

I am really kicking my eating into gear today, last night I was changing into my pj's and caught a glimpse of my body in the full lengh mirror, not good, but probably what I needed to start sticking to my eating plan. I did have Kashi for breakfast and a coffee, and I am having a WW potato for lunch. No more muffins for breakfast, McD's, pizza etc. I have to do this. I am walking on my treadmill tonight, I finally bought a really nice pair of Nike running shoes, that should make walking 4 miles an hour better on my feet.

I am going to take each day at a time, I really think that is the key....if I worry about the 15 pounds I need to lose it gets a little overwhelming, so I am going to work each day at a time, one pound at a time. I hope to have most of my weight lost by x-mas.

Anyway, enough about me....Trish, good luck at the Dr's. I would always make my appt's first thing in the morning before I ate, so that the scale wouldn't be so evil....I am sure you will do just fine. Glad to hear you and the little one are feeling well. You better not be eating bad things today!!!!

Ali ~ You and BF sound like things are going quite well. You are doing such a great job keeping the weight off, that is the tough part.

Shalyne ~ Way to go to get to 200!! That is awesome! You will be under 200 in no time!!

Well, better look like I am busy. I just have this week and next to get through before DH, the kids and I leave for our family vacation the 18th, we will be gone til the 26th to Nashville, TN. We are visiting friends and DH and my friend's DH are going on a short hunting trip together. It will be fun. We haven't had a vacation since last October. I am ready to get away from work for a while. Professors are demanding and driving me nuts!!

Well, TTYL!!!!
Old 10-08-2001, 01:39 PM   #8  
Bono Fanatic!

Happy Monday girls! The sun is shining, which has helped to put me in a good mood. Also, I am going to Las Vegas in 5 weeks and have decided to try to lose 5 pounds before then. I have been so disgusted with myself lately so it is time to do something. I even cooked a whole bunch of healthy food yesterday so I would have good things to eat this week. I am going jogging after work, so the plan is in place to do this!!

The Chicago Marathon was yesterday and I was actually woken up by people screaming and yelling at about 8 am. I turned on my tv and saw the leaders running right down my street! It was pretty funny to realize that is why I was woken up! The winner finished in just over 2 hours, which I find absolutely amazing!

Shalyne - Congrats on the loss! How exciting to be in virgin fat territory. Keep it up!

Trish - How was the doctor? Thanks for your husband's advice on law schools. I have been hearing a lot of negatives about De Paul lately so I don't think I am going to apply there, unless for some reason I did terrible on the LSAT and don't think I can get into any other school. But lets hope that is not the case!

Ali - That's great that things are going so well with your b/f.

Kim - Sounds like you had a nice vacation. I am glad you and your b/f finally got to spend a decent amount of time together, even if it was not as long as you had planned.

Tonya - Have fun shopping for Halloween costumes! We really need to encourage each other to get back to our goal weights!!

That's about it for me. Have a good day!
Jen
Old 10-08-2001, 03:06 PM   #9  

It is the PERFECT autumn day out here. It's sunny and windy. I was going to go to the gym but decided to take a ride instead and check out the fall foliage. It's gorgeous driving thru the backwoods of NH with the leaves changing!
Old 10-08-2001, 04:25 PM   #10  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Ahhh! Holiday!

I just love Christopher Columbus!! Mainly because he's the reason I don't have to work today.
I went to lunch with my MIL today and tonight is the family dinner and tomorrow night is my FIL's bday party so Wednesday morning, I will be a weight watcher brown-noser once again. I can really tell a difference in how my clothes are fitting...they aren't!! My jeans are too small once again. I can zip them up but my stomach hangs over. YUCK!!!
I just wanted to stop in and say hi everyone!
THanks for the bday wishes!
See ya'll tomorrow.
Old 10-08-2001, 04:38 PM   #11  
Bono Fanatic!

Happy Birthday Stacey!!
Old 10-08-2001, 05:19 PM   #12  
Canadian Chick

Smile Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

Hi gals!

How is everyone today? I'm stuffed! Its Thanksgiving here. We had my brother, his fiance and her sister over for a huge supper last night. It was really nice. In our family everyone always has to say something they are thankful for in the past year but becasue there were so few of us we made veryone say five things. It was so great! Today is leftovers day. It all tastes so good. We have three and a half pies left! I think I'm going to take one to work tomorrow to share because they sure don't need to be sitting around here waiting to make their way into my mouth. Df and I went for an hour walk this morning. It felt really good.

Right now I'm stalling working on a proposal that's due tomorrow. I am pitching for a contract to give on-sitr massage at a really huge corporation. When I get it I will only do that a couple mornings a week for now. I'm still only working part-time at my practice and it doesn't look like that will be changing for quite awhile because we have so many therapists. One of my clients actually pitched the idea for me to come into her workplace and she's pretty much pushing it through for me. I just have to get it approved by the staff advocate guy or something. Wish me luck! Later I think I am going to go for another walk because its so beautiful and I've got to get rid of this stuffed feeling!

Stacey happy b-day! Hoep you have a memorable one

Kim glad you got some vacation time. Sounds like you guys had an awesome time!

Ali, glad things turned out great for your holiday weekend. Did you manage to wade through all the Thanksgiving fare? I did horribly but that's ok because tomorrow is a new day and I'm going to be back OP.

Shalyne, Congrats on your loss! With your talk of the fall weather, you make me want to go outside. It really makes me want to go home to my Grandma's farm. Usually this is the day when my cousins and I spend the day walking through all our old forts and hiding places in my grandma's pasture and coulee. Oh well....

Tonya, Are you getting a halloween costume for yourself too or is it only the kids who get to have the fun? Because of work I haven't been able to dress up for the past two years. This year I think my DF has to work so I'll have to see what happens.

Jen, can you pack me in your suitcase? Vegas would be so fun! I heard everything is really cheap there right now too because of the economy slow down.

Trish, good for you for throwing that cake out! I wish I could bring myself to throw this pie out that's calling my name from the kitchen but I just can't. Plus my DF would have a fit since I haven't made pie for over three years. I'm going to make myself take it to work and share tomorrow. Glad you had a good weekend otherwise. How was the dr. appointment?

Hi to everyone else who is MIA. Have a great day. I guess I should get back to my proposal now. It just reminds so much of why I don't have a desk job Chat you all up later

Rina
Old 10-08-2001, 09:52 PM   #13  

Rina... had to look up the word "coulee"... had never heard that. The dictionary says it's Canadian French... that's probably why!
Old 10-09-2001, 02:55 AM   #14  
Canadian Chick

I didn't know its originally Canadian French! Cool. Its just what we've always said. Neat.
Closed Thread