South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 09:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/184.5/125

Question PLEASE HELP - Phase I Lunch out of town

Good morning chicks.

I need your help. I'm in Topeka KS today at a business meeting. I've already checked and they have no Chipotle or Panera ! The place I'm at allows no snacks in the room and has no place to warm a lunch.

Does anyone have any ideas of local restaurants or chains that I might check to see if they have that will fit with my Phase I diet? I've done soooo good and don't want to mess up today.

Thanks in advance for all of your help!
Old 03-02-2006, 10:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/196/150

If you hear of one let me know! I'm lost on good resteraunts too!!
Old 03-02-2006, 11:25 AM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

ckb, in P1, it's very hard to find any restaurants that serve food you can have...it's so easy for stuff to sneak in there that will mess you up, then you have to start over. So, stick to things that are as simple as possible. Try getting a lean chicken breast with seasonings that don't have sugar (ask the waitress to check) and steamed veggies. Ask for olive oil to put on them for flavor. Or, get a salad somewhere that you can make yourself...some grocery stores have salad bars or you can look for a place like Souplantation, Fresh Choice, or other salad-themed restaurants. If that's not possible, get a salad from the menu and ask for no carrots, no croutons (or chips or noodles), dressing on the side, and make sure they take off anything else that's not P1 friendly. Make sure the meat on the salad doesn't have sugar in the marinade or the spices. For example--McD's chicken breast has sugar...all of it. So avoid their food at all costs. I believe Wendy's salads are safe, as long as you take off the things that aren't P1 friendly.

You can do this, chica! Just stay strong...and visit a local grocery store to get some SF Jell-o and things for snacks...don't let your eating every three hours plan fall behind. In the future, try to bring food with, bring a cooler, and plan ahead by calling the hotel to see if there will be a fridge or a microwave (you might even be able to book a room in a 'suites' or 'extended stay' hotel for cheap...they often have an entire kitchen! )

and know that we're keeping you in our thoughts!
Old 03-02-2006, 11:35 AM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Oops...one more thing...Ruby Tuesday is often Phase 1 friendly, but make sure by asking your waitress for help.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/184.5/125

Thumbs up Lunch was wonderful!

Thank you chickies!

My lunch was wonderful - I was driving around looking for a grocery store and found a Panera that I didn't know existed!

Since I'm almost at the end of my 3rd week on Phase 1 - I got a bowl of cheddar broccoli soup and some new chicken sandwich that is on whole grain bread. It was heavenly. The soup had some carrots in it and I ate bread - but I need to learn to get past Phase 1 so I guess it was an all over success!

I even saw a Ruby Tuesday after I left Panera!! At least I now have options when I'm here for meetings.

I'm the happiest girl ever right now!

Thanks again!
Closed Thread