Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 09:55 PM   #1  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Default Chit Chat and Weight Loss # 168

Hello and WELOME to the Jaded Ladies thread to anyone reading this!

We are a supportive and caring bunch of ladies who share our journey with weight loss, as well as our everyday lives. So feel free to pull up a chair and join us.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:30 PM   #2  
Give me strength

thought it was time for a new thread,,,surprized Susan isn't running round lil Chicken Lil....just the thought of her last thread like that gets me laughing...lol Sorry suan,,,im laughing with you,,,never at you...Hugs

Welcome Annette, great to have a new person in our midst...and from Australia...one of my closest friend is there till July. Miss her terrible but love getting emails and pictues of her adventures.
So sorry to hear of you family loss...

Thank you again for all your kind thoughts Ladies,,,

Jane, have fun in Florida ,,,

Cristi,,,Im questioning myself and your car,,,have you recieved it yet? If not I think i may of sent it up north...to my BIL...lol Wasn't thinking too much when i was doing cards...lol
Hope your house sells,,,and you find the close to perfect home.

Marti,,,hope you are feeling better,,,having a cold sucks..

Kathy,,,fantastic on the 5 lb loss! your hard work is paying off.

Jules,,,I know what you mean about reading Janet Evanovich books,,,fantstic eh? Now try Susan Elizabeth Phillips...

I feel like I have been watching tv for every...lol Monte rented Brothers Grimm,,,fell asleep half way though so tomorrow I will watch what I missed.
Gone ith teh Wind was on,,,always a good thing...and lots of other programs...Tanner has me watching the second season of Smallville..
The pain has been barely there,,,have taken 4 tablets out of 12 of percocet. Not feeling like I need much more then that.
I haev a small insicion where they had a drain put in (sorry, sounds gross) And that was the most of my pain when they RIPPED the tape off....think where it is,,,all I can say to any woman who would be going through this,,,SHAVE! (too much information,,,I know...lol)
The gas guy had trouble doing my IV,,,porr guy. Took him 7 times to finally get a vein. I have alot of scar tissue from when I was a child.
Anyways,,,I should go watch the last of the Olympicsendings...
ttfn
Old 02-26-2006, 11:49 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Cristi - oh my gosh! That's great news about Josh getting a leave. Now if it can be for 30 days.... and if he'll leave Hawaii, lol.

Kathy - YAY for the 5 pounds down! And at TOM!! You go girl! Why does (I forget the name) need a birth certificate? For a passport? Btw, we're taking one of the twins to WDW with us. Bought tickets for both of them, but Madi wants to stay home with her mama. The good news is, I get to apply some of the cost of it to my next ticket. Portland??

Mindee - if you sprinkle a few Cheerios in the toilet, and let your little guy "blast" them, he may potty train quicker.

Angie - so glad to see your posts! And glad you're getting plenty of rest. I know all about tape on the wrong body sections, lol. OUCH!!

Nancy - let us know about the biopsy, ok?

Poley - so sorry about all your troubles, friend. Come here when you need to talk, ok?

Julie - so good to see you! Glad to know you like the books. I'll have to check out Susan Graves since I'm always looking for a new author.

Connie - so where did you go with your buddy? Wherever it was, I'm glad you had a good time.

Marti - sorry you missed out on a weekend with Jhanai. How was the visit with your brother and nephew? Your sister will be there before long, right?

Well, one good thing about Madison cancelling out on the Florida trip - I can apply the amount, less a fee, to my next ticket purchase.

Today was hectic! Neal did great at church, playing his guitar. He was nervous but it didn't show. This afternoon we went to a Mozart Requium concert and it was breathtaking! Then we had company for awhile this evening. I'm about ready for bed.... it's almost midnight here.

See you tomorrow, chickas!
Old 02-27-2006, 02:10 AM   #4  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Jane~ We have him sitting on the big toilet right now. We haven't had a chance to get him a potty seat yet. We will try the cheerios trick once he gets his own potty chair.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:17 AM   #5  
I know I can

Hi Ladies

First I want to thank everyone for welcoming me here

This morning the phone rang off the hook, but settled after lunch. Everything is organised with the funeral. It is Thursday at 9. Due to the heat out here, they want it early.

Nancy~ He wasn't father like son close, but close if that makes sense.

Mindee~ Sounds like Brandon is doing a great job
We have started our youngest potty training. Madisyn was 2, on the 12th Feb. She is doing quite well. She is so tiny tho'

Courtney, our oldest made the Touch football team First game is Wednesday night.

I hope to get to know you all by name soon.... It is great reading about you all and how your days have been. I really look forward to coming here

Have a good one all.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:07 AM   #6  
RosieKate

Default She got the Gold!

( insert theme from "Rocky" here) I finished the sweater! Ok it was a stange challenge; to knit a project during the span of the Olympics, but it was quite a sense of accomplishment, I tell you. A friend of mine is going to take a picture of me sometime this week, so I'll post it when that happens.

It was nice to have something to do as we have been having a challenging week. My son is going to have to have 4 teeth pulled which has him completely freaked out. So we have been trying to keep him calm.

We may be looking for a new preschool for my daughter, which has me a bit upset, but I am dealing with it...the knitting helped keep me calm I must say. The school is a co-op that has decided to expand. Part of the expansion process has been to approve the lead teacher's request to be paid more money to pursue grant money and work on program planning. The other part that was approved was to release her from 50% of her classroom duties. My DD only has one more year of preschool and I don't want o spend it planning a private school for someone else's children, and I 'm also not thrilled that her teacher will be out of the classroom for two days a week. So we are looking at other options, one of which may be just to stay and slug it out for one more year even though it is not an ideal situation. I REALLY didn't want to be shopping for preschools right now, but I feel I have to see what other options we have.

So ,this is the week I'm muddling through and we get to Sunday. I walk into church yesterday to the shock of the news that our beloved church secretary was killed in a freak auto accident while she was coming home after babysitting her grandchild. Our church is in shock; and needless to say all my piddly little dramas of the week mean absolutely nothing in the face of such a loss.

I will BBL, ladies.. hope you are all having a good day!

Old 02-27-2006, 01:27 PM   #7  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies and Happy Monday...

Geez, I cannot believe this weather...supposed to be 72 today, 78 tomorrow and Wednesday and no rain in sight! We NEED rain! I am spending the day soaking the yard really good and then may water it a little Wednesday. Supposed to go back down in the 50's Thursday so...It is too early to be watering the lawn but with not having much rain or snow this year and the temps being what they are and have been, it needs water. Anyway...

KATHY... to your loss! And THANKS! We ar hoping for a quick sale. Haven't heard back about our offer so maybe they are actually considering it, lol. We know we went kind of low but, gotta start somewhere and see how anxious they are to sale it. The realtor they the builder was very motivated. The house has been on the market for about 104 days I think. Not sure why it hasn't sold, it's a nice home and is a model home so...keeping our fingers crossed

MARTI...hope you had a nice visit with your brother and nephew. Sorry, Jhanai didn't get to spend the weekend with you.

ANGIE...glad to see you are home and feeling okay. You still need to take it easy though and don't start doing things too soon whether you feel better or not. I always tend to do that. Get so bored sitting, I had to get up and do something. I wasn't supposed to be doing too soon after my gallbladder surgery but after spending a week in the hopsital I had to get out of the house once I got home. Well, after walking around the grocery store for an hour I was ready to go home and lay around. Know about the tape too...just not down there! No, no card. Can't remember the last time I received a card from you, last year sometime I think, it's been a while. I always make a point of thanking everyone who sends a card as soon as I receive it.

JULES...well, at least you were reading some good ones! (((((HUGS))))) to you and yours. So sorry to hear about DH's step-father. My grandmother passed away from pancreatic cancer so I know how hard that can be. I was a little kid but watching her die is something that is always with me. The comfort in it all was when we went to the viewing. I remember how angelic she looked, and how peaceful, I knew she was alright then.

ANNETTE...of course we don't mind you sharing your day with us. Good or bad, we are here for you. Sorry to hear about your brother and Bill's step-father. (((((HUGS))))) to you and yours also.

CONNIE...glad you had some 'me' time and had a fun get-away with your friend.

KATY...so sorry to hear about the church secretary.(((((HUGS))))) to you also. I think something like that always puts things into perspective. Makes you really thing about things. Hopefully, you guys can find another preschool for little Leigh. And I hope James calms down about the dentist. Carrie had to have 4 teeth pulled once. She had a tooth coming in before one wanted to come out so I took her to the dentist to have it pulled out and for him to look at it. He thought the other three would do the same so just went ahead and pulled her front four teeth out. I have to say, I was more nervous that she was. She didn't even want me to go back with her! I did though, of course.

MINDEE...good for Brandon! I too think that him getting on/wanting to sit on the toilet IS a start. When my boys were little the toilet scared them! They thought they would fall in. So I bought the toilet seat for kids that goes on the toilet seat. Made it much better for them. But then DD didn't want that on. Kids are so funny sometimes.

JANE...getting close to trip day!

Hi to everyone else. Hope I didn't miss anyone.

Not much going on today. Like I said above, just trying to get the yard soaked really good. Never thought I would pray for rain, but I am! Last year we had enough rain and snow that I really didn't start watering the yard till almost May. This year, nothing. It snowed a few times but not enough to amount to anything. I rained one or two days, again , not enough to amount to anything. As soon as I get off here I am going to vacuum and straighten up a couple of things. Was trying to wait until I finished watering before I vacuum because I am bringing grass in. Trying not to, but it's not working. That's about all I have for now.

Take care ladies and I hope you all can try and have a good day. With all that's going on with some of you, I know it will be hard. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your families.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:41 PM   #8  

Annette~ Every time we put him on the potty, he wants to put his feet in the toilet water.

Katy~ That is great!!! I can’t wait to see a picture of it!

Cristi~ The toilet never really scared him. Since we moved into our townhouse, he is constantly following Tommy into the bathroom to watch daddy do “good boy.” So I think him watching Tommy is helping with getting him used to the potty. He will even flush the toilet and close the lid for him when he is done.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:04 PM   #9  
kitty Momo

hmmm, so you managed to make it to the computer Ang ?? I am glad! How was the surgery? I was going to send you pictures of Gaby but had to take it out of the Christmas card and put it in the Get Well card. *sigh * I am always behind! You need to chim in about the Portland trip? Dying to know if that is a go for you or what other thoughts you have

I was going to look in the Dove pre school Katy . I think they have an open house tomorrow.

Thinking of moving to a 3 bedroom, thinking of just staying in a 2. It really is crowded with 3 girls.

Drama with Rachel at the moment and is taking all my time. Meet with the principal tomorrow and see what her alternatives are.

1 more day on the other location. It will be so nice to just stay in one office. Course co worker goes on a week vacation next Monday , so I get to be in charge - yay.

best get

soooooooooooooooooooooo tired but Bachelor is on tonight!!!!! Go Sarah!
Old 02-27-2006, 05:23 PM   #10  

Height: 5'1"

Hello Ladies!!

Sad to say, but my nephew didn't get into town until late last night so I didn't get to see them. Which is ok, I was busy w/the house work trying to make it sparkle! (yeah right.....does my house ever sparkle?)

Angie--I'm so glad to see you posting! And don't you worry about watching too much tv. that means you're taking it easy and resting like a good girl!! We'd all have to come to Canada and give you a stearn talking to if you weren't! I need to you to PM me your address again.....everytime I send you something it comes back to me w/an incomplete address note. (what the heck am I forgetting??)

Jane--When is your trip to Florida?? Please get lots of photos of you and Katie.....then send me a copy. I would love to do a scrapbook page for you and then I'll send it back. Seems that I'm really enjoying doing that for my friends! My idea's go crazy when it's someone elses family I'm doing and not my own! Strange isn't it?

Mindee--Jhanai wasn't completely potty trained until she was 2 1/2. I had a friend whose daughter was 6mos younger and Jhanai would always tell her to use the potty...it was so funny because she didn't do so well herself. So here she was, helping this other little girl learn to potty! But eventually they all learn. Just takes patience.

Annette-- So sorry to hear about your loss! You can always come here to talk about anything, as Cristi has mentioned. We're here for ya! And don't worry about the names yet...you'll get us all down sooner or later!

Katy--The challenge sounds like fun! I wish I knew how to knit! Someday I promised myself to learn. That is one of the things in my "things to try out in life" list.

Cristi--I think you praying for rain worked!! But for Oregon! It's raining here right now and I had to literally drag my dogs out to do their duty! I am looking forward to a warm day! (hope it comes soon)

Susan--Hope the drama w/Rachael settles down soon. How old is she?? It's gotta be hard having two teens and then a wee one at home. And to have them all girls!! I can't imagine what it'll be like when Jhanai hits that stage!

Hello to all the other gals!! I'm sorry I missed your post. I need to check the other post to see what was said. I will get back to the ones I missed at another time.

Well I need to get myself cleaned up. Need to buy another curling iron. The one I had, I've had for so many years! It finally said it's goodbyes. So off I go to get another one.

Hugs to everyone!
Old 02-27-2006, 05:42 PM   #11  

susan~ good to hear from you!

marti~ I am hoping that he will encourage Logan when he gets bigger.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:55 PM   #12  
ugggg.....

Just wanted to correct my mistake the author's name is Sarah Graves not Susan.

DD's divorce papers are filed today..now just have to wait for the hearing. It's uncontested even though she could have made it worse for him. They are actually talking, but she says she could never be more than friends with him.

Mindee--we potty trained DD in the summer letting her run around in the training pants only--she didn't like to be wet or messy so she figured it out pretty quick. DS actually took a little longer since he went to his paternal grandparents at least one weekend a month and down to my mom's where he and I lived for a year before moving in with my DH. It was a battle with the ex's parents with potty training and the bottle since every weekend he went with them he came back with a diaper on and a bottle in his mouth. I didn't think that we'd ever get rid of either.

Angie--one of the guys I work with just came back to work a few weeks ago after carpal tunnel surgery on his left hand. Says it's still pretty tender. Hope you get better real soon!

Jane--sounds like a good concert--does Neal play the guitar and serenade you with love songs!!

Poley--Welcome!

Katy--what a week, hugs to you!

Cristi--send some of that warm weather my way--it's been cold and windy here.

Susan--I visited the principals office many times with DS who all the teachers wanted to put on Ritalin--most of the complaints were that he just couldn't sit still and was too distracting--DH finally went with me to yet another meeting with the principal and lost his temper and slammed his fist on the desk--strangely enough we never had any more problems????

Marti --I know curling irons are cheap but don't you hate having to go get a new one....

Hi to everyone else!!
Old 02-27-2006, 10:26 PM   #13  
Nancy

Katy: I knitted a poncho for a friend's daughter during the Olympics and started on a sweater. I was sleep-deprived, but had fun with the knitting. Plus the knitting keeps me from eating in front of the TV. I wonder how many people finished hand crafted items during the last 2 weeks?

So, here's the update on my poor kitty. He has a lymphosarcoma in his gastrointestinal tract...yep, cancer. Apparently what we've been treating as irritable bowel disease was, in fact, cancer. According to the vet, though, this is a very treatable cancer in cats. The treatment, though, concerns me - we'd have to give him 2 medications indefinitely, and there could be side effects (just like in humans). The poor thing is already almost 17. But he's my husband's cat, so we're going to have to talk about how to proceed. For the meantime, he's feeling a lot better, and recovering well from his surgery. So, we'll see. Thanks for all your good thoughts.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:44 AM   #14  
Give me strength

Nancy,poor cat,,you and DH will do what is best for the cat.

Susan, oh joy of motherhood eh? I did a couple of trips to the school...you will look back on this one day and laugh,

Marti,,,darn if you were coming up here I could give you a couple of irons,,,what size do you need? how about rollers? Will PM you

Cristi, will send you your card,,,this time not to the BIL,,,

Todays big challenge is,,,keep crocheting the blanket. Catch the Fed Ex person,,ran the bell and ran yesterday,,,I was laying down...so left a note saying please wait I am slow...on the door.
Not happy with Tanners drama teacher right now. With Aladdin coming up in May, I had asked a fantastic artist from all the plays we work on if she could paint the set,,,without pay.
The teacher was all excited ,,yay wow...blah blah
the last month I have been watching emails going to the teacher from this artist,,,not response. She had wanted to meet and get a definite idea of everything..her time is short,,,she has a few plays to paint. Got an email from the artist saying she has bailed out...without any answers she has to continue on with her other things... I had trouble with that teacher too in getting a response,,,2 emails,,2 calls and one note left in her mail box,,still nothing ,,,had to meet before school one morning...duh all I needed to know was how to pay for the supplies? She told me to go look for it,,,put it on hold then she would go pick them up once I emailed her the addresses...hmmm why not let me pay for them so we aren't both going,,,grrr Tanner is fustrated dosn't feel like they know what they are doing. Yes its a school play,,,but does it have to be a mediocre school play?
then I got an email from reception (work) that one of the warehouses didn't recieve a service award ...2 in fact.... that annoyed me. Because the first one arrived there,,,cause they called to say why the other one didn't... I mailed that one out that day with a whole pack of other forms...that they recieved...makes me mad when the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing,,,instead of making me all stressed why not walk down the dang hall and ask if they recived the package?
I didn't sleep well last night worried about this,,I knew about this yesterday,,,and it just bothers me when I can see the whole picture but others can't...grrrr
Brandon has to see the specialist for his feet on the 13th...wish it was sooner,,,hes in so much pain,,,was thinking of offering him my pain relivers (I won't be using them) but they are super strong. hate for a reaction to happen. think I will try to take him to our family Dr. and ask for somethig for him.

have I vented enough?
hoping to have some of this worked out by tomorrow.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:50 PM   #15  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi ladies...

JULES...you made me think of DH#1...he played the guitar (and harmonica) and sang pretty good and DID serenade me! We would gather in our bedroom sometimes and he would play the guitar, one of the boys had a drum, the other had a guitar and DD would dance. I actually have a picture of this, it was great! The kids couldn't really play, but they sure thought they could. Hoping your DD's divorce goes smoothly. Bet it was a sad day for her, hugs to her. And I can't believe this weather, not even spring and we are supposed to be close to 80 today!

ANGIE...sorry you are having to deal with all that crap, when you should be relaxing and taking it easy-not something you need to deal with right now. Hope brandon can get in to see the doc and get something for the pain. I thought the surgery took care, or was supposed to take care of his foot problems, poor guy.

SUSAN...sorry to hear about the drama with Rachel. Glad to see ya posting though. good or bad news, it's always good to see ya here.

MARTI...funny...my curling iron went out too! I plugged it in this morning and usually let it get really hot. After 30 minutes the thing was still cold! Gonna have to get a new one too. Hope they still have the ones like that. Sorry you didn't get to visit with your nephew.

JANE...yeah, when it the actual day you leave for DW? Was thinking the 3'rd... Can't remember though. Whenever it is...have a GREAT time! Which I know you will, especially seeing Katie.

NANCY...sorry to hear about your kitty. I know you and DH will make the right decision for your baby.

Hi to everyone else

Another boring day for me. Going to straighten the house up later, once I get off here. Keeping it clean everyday just in case someone calls and wants to see it. They are supposed to make an appointment and we hope 24 hour notice. I don't plan on being here when they come and look at the house, will take the dog and go to the park for an hour or so. But I want it to be clean. Still haven't heard anything about the offer. Not sure if that is a good sign or not. They either haven't gotten in touch with the builder or he is just too busy, not really sure. But when we went through this the last time, I hated that when we put in an offer it seemed like the people took their time. But when it came to them...like the last house before buying this one...they demanded an answer right after we were told of their counter offer. I just hope this isn't the case. Also, thought there was a time frame in which they had to respond, not sure though. Anyway...

Have a great day ladies!
Closed Thread