Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-01-2006, 04:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/233/150

Default does it get easier?

Well I went to the gym last night and weighed myself and I have lost about another 1 1/2 lbs...I also read some articles about weight loss and found out that even though I have been watching what I eat I have to stop eating so much of it..it is really hard..today I have felt like I am starving even though I know that I am not...does it get easier...
thank you all
Lacey
LaceyR84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 05:09 PM   #2  

Lightbulb

Hi!

I suppose it is a individual issue, but for me, yes it has gotton easier with each day. I have had a few ... er, fudging episodes, but I put them behind me and went full steam ahead. The desire to cheat on my diet is not as strong as my will to lose this extra weight.

I think when you start to see your body look and feel better it takes away the temptation factor. The "Why go back now?" kind of thinking.
AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 05:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

What helps me is knowing I have no food that are off limits, I simply have to budget for it. I want hershey's hugs, so I eat one serving (9 hugs) and stop. I want a hamburger, I eat one. I can't plan these types of foods often though and get all of my nutrients, so it is about balance. Do I go over my calorie limits? Sure I do, but not often and the scale is still moving. Treat it like a journey and a new way of thinking. Some days we will backslide, but most days as long as we are moving forward...the journey is good.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 05:23 PM   #4  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

I agree, it is an individual issue and it has a lot to do with your thinking. If you feel like, "Oh god, I have to exercise again" or "Ugh, fruit again. That's not going to fill me up." or whatever random negative thoughts sneak their way in, it's never to get any easier and more than likely you'll stop altogether.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 05:34 PM   #5  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Lacey - how many calories are you eating? If you are going below 1200 then you are probably not eating enough and it would be really hard to stick with that. Even if you want to lose weight quickly it is important to give your body the fuel it needs, especially if you are working out.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 05:37 PM   #6  

I am hungry all the time....ALL the time. I am working out everyday, usually burning between 400 and 600 calories a day and my metabolism is just burning. Sometimes I have to admit, it's in my head, but most times, it's that primal need for food. So, I eat all the time, fruit, ww snacks, oatmeal, whatever. I am also hoping it will get better. But, I have been sticking to it a lot better and I am seeing results. If you figure out a way, please let me know. I just ate a can of soup an hour ago and now I am starving!
Infrogwetrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 05:43 PM   #7  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

What are you getting for protein? You should try to eat both meals and snacks that have at least some protein in them. If you are just eating carboydrates then you will probably burn through that and get hungry. How about some cottage cheese or tuna and a few crackers, or some Kashi GoLean cereal (has a good bit of protein) with milk, some broiled chicken, or a cup of yogurt. Other people would have more ideas I am sure.

If you are truly hungry - body hungry rather than mind hungry - you very possibly are not getting enough calories. If you don't know how many you are getting, you could use an online tool like fitday to track what you are eating.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 06:16 PM   #8  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafinlySmart
What helps me is knowing I have no food that are off limits, I simply have to budget for it. I want hershey's hugs, so I eat one serving (9 hugs) and stop.
Wow, I can't even eat 3 or 4 of those. 9 seems like a lot to me. How many calories is in 9 of them?

Just curious
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 06:22 PM   #9  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

I eat mostly small meals throughout the morning and afternoon, and add lots of protein to keep myself from getting hungry. While I can't see it gets *easier* the hunger bit gets easier to manage. I've found that every now and then I can "train" my hunger to a certain level. My body is used to getting around 1200 calories a day now and that keeps my stomach pretty full all day. When I go over on certain days, I find I tend to eat less than my average the next few days after. However, stomach hunger was never my problem. I still have a problem overdoing it when I sit down to eat a meal, or dealing with head hunger and head cravings for things that will do me in (candy bars, ice cream) and not stopping when my stomach is satisfying but eating way too much instead. Your hunger (with appropriate meals and appropriate nutrition) will catch up over time if you can eat in your ange 90% of the time. Head hunger is another matter.
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 06:30 PM   #10  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

you bring up an interesting point, NotTheCheat. There is a very BIG difference between "body hungry" and "mind hungry". I find myself very often sitting on the sofa watching telly and thinking "I wonder what's in the fridge..." Mind hunger is so much more difficult to overcome, I find!
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 06:35 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV
Wow, I can't even eat 3 or 4 of those. 9 seems like a lot to me. How many calories is in 9 of them?

Just curious
210 calories. I have to budget them in. BTW, before I could eat the entire bag in 1-2 days. Tonight, I'm fighting that second serving (but usually one will do). I should not be hungry when I eat those. It should be a treat instead. It is 6:30pm and I'm still waiting on dinner.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:43 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues4miles
My body is used to getting around 1200 calories a day now and that keeps my stomach pretty full all day. When I go over on certain days, I find I tend to eat less than my average the next few days after.

I was struggling on some days to get 1200 in spite of eating all day. Now I'm strugging to stay under 1800. Yesterday I went over. I hope it doesn't hurt my weight loss, but I think I've been zigging all along. I gave myself a range on purpose.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:46 PM   #13  
I'm doing this for me!

S/C/G: 205/196/160

Height: 5 2"

Default I hope it gets easier too!

I really hope it gets easier too because at the moment it seems like all the time I'm jus feeling hungry and trying hard not to eat! I can't wait until a time when my life dosn't revolve around food.
Sassy-Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 07:26 PM   #14  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafinlySmart
210 calories. I have to budget them in. BTW, before I could eat the entire bag in 1-2 days. Tonight, I'm fighting that second serving (but usually one will do). I should not be hungry when I eat those. It should be a treat instead. It is 6:30pm and I'm still waiting on dinner.
Ahh, 210, that's not bad. I thought you were going to tell me 300-400 calories, yikes!

I don't eat much candy so I don't really know the calorie content but every now and then I eat 1 or 2 Hershey Kisses or 5-6 M&M's and that usually satisfies my chocolate craving. I also keep around the sugar-free Jello pudding cups
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:14 AM   #15  

I'm voting for it gets easier!!!

I found the first 6 - 8 weeks absolutely horrible. I found myself thinking and obsessing and worrying about food all the time. I had decided to start exercising too, and I was majorly unconfident, I was terrified of the gym, I was scared of what people would think of me, I lived life in my own shadow.

Most of this weight loss journey is a mental one. And it isn't easy, ever, but it doesn't get any harder at least, well it hasn't for me.

I am never hungry. I have had to change my diet and include a lot more wholegrain foods to keep my body fuelled, but i can't honestly say I have ever eaten my calories for the day and felt hungry.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote