View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 07:09 PM   #13
dalai_lala
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Harpo, I totally understand what you mean about wanting to know but not really wanting to know. I've been dealing with these issues for a long time and I usually feel like I've worked through most of my garbage, but I get this feeling that there might be just a little more than I don't even know about yet. But I don't want to dig into it right now. The stuff I DO remember is enough to deal with, most of the time, ya know? So, I know what you mean...

Fishwoman, yeah, weekends... For the past couple of weeks though, well, since I joined here, actually (go 3FC!) I have been doing much better with the emotional eating. I am suddenly more aware of "oh, I'm just bored" or "I'm just feeling blue" and being able to distract myself or get some positive attention from my husband instead of heading for the fridge. I haven't had to deal with an anger episode in a while though, so I don't know 'bout that! Anyway, thanks for the support. I can't believe I've never talked to a group of people about compulsive eating and bingeing before. It's been a real surprise for me...

Good luck to you, and to all of us!

-Lala

Last edited by dalai_lala; 03-01-2006 at 07:16 PM.