Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-01-2006, 01:33 PM   #1  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

Default Difference

I have been dieting since Christmas and the pounds have been coming off slowly (about 2lbs a week). Some weeks none obviously. I have been reading the success stories' posts and would like to change some things in my diet and fitness. However I am worried, because I dont want to make changes and go to putting all of the weight back on again!

What is the healthiest form of alcohol u can drink?
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 02:09 PM   #2  
Running Wild

they will tell you that ALL alcohol is bad for you calorie wise. however, i bet most of the answers will be wine.

how bout wine spritzers? 1/2 diet sprite and 1/2 of the normal wine you would drink?

me, i drink lite beer but not often at all. up till this past Saturday night i hadnt had a drop of beer for 3 weeks. if i do drink its once a week but the weeks are spread out. its hard for me to hold liquor anymore though because of my thryoid and metabolism issues over the past year.
JustJuneBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 02:11 PM   #3  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I tend to stick to red wine and spirits. For the spirits I make sure that I choose my mixers carefully, I actually really like vodka with flavoured water, it's very refreshing! Red wine is often touted as having health benefits, which is enough justification for me to drink a little of it from time to time and completely ignore the calories...
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:11 PM   #4  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

2 pounds a week really isn't slow, it's a nice healthy rate

Alcohol is pretty much empty calories, so just use moderation. I'm a wine or spirits person too. I really like a nice gin and tonic now and again. It's about 150 calories which is easy for me to fit into my daily alotment.
Tani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:18 PM   #5  

Tani, that's my drink of choice too! I have slim line tonic, it tastes just like the ordinary one, and saves a handful of calories and makes me feel virtuous. I can take or leave alcohol, but it's nice once in a while.

I'd add a caveat saying it's best to eat before you go to the pub. If I have a couple of gin and tonics on an empty stomach I am nibbling on crisps and nuts, and that just compounds the old calorie problem.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:28 PM   #6  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

I love the idea of wine and diet sprite. I'm going to try that one.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm with the wine crowd but I've had the odd lite beer or scotch and diet coke ... don't laugh sometimes ya just need sumthin'.

As for your question about changing things up ... why don't you write us up a little list of what you ate perhaps yesterday and we'll just tweak it for you. But two pounds a week is fabulous work!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

They have some 100 cal flavored beers/barcardi.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 05:40 PM   #9  

My favorite drink is vanilla vodka with diet rootbeer...You can't even taste the vodka. Also works with diet ginger ale and diet vanilla coke. But alcohol is not good for your diet, so it's best to limit it. Plus I find that after a drink or 2, I am much more liberal with the appetizers...
Infrogwetrust is offline   Reply With Quote