South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 04:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Wednesday March 1st Madness

Good Morning,

Well, the good news is that I was able to get the tooth temporarily "patched" for 95.00 and I will most likely not need the root canal. I am now scheduled for a crown on May 1st nd that will run 577.oo. At least the income tax will be back by then. Thanks to all the kind words yesterday.

The bad news is that I can not seem to break this binge I've been on. I have gained some weight back and I just keep eating badly. I guess as much as I hate to say it I really need to return to phase 1...again and this time be strict for another two weeks. I truley hope I can get it right this time. I can't even imagine how bad this would be if I fell off the exercise wagon as well. Some of you chicks have just wowed me with your healthy eating and your success in losing weight this past month. I hope I can be there with you this month instead of wondering why I just keep doing this same thing to myself over and over. I am dressed for my workout today and believe me "my gut runnith over" My ticker lies and I don't want to know what the scale says after the damage I did with bad food yesterday.

Today is another long day in court and when I sit and do nothing I am always hungry even more than ususal. Phase 1 don't fail me now!!!!

Sil - hope you feel better. Being sick on the birthday stinks.

Stephie - Well, we may not be successful yet but you know what??? We are still here...that gotta count for something. We can do it.

Sunlit - I also love that Choc Carmal Chai Tea!!! Thanks

Batmomm - smart of you to go with the painless dental procedure. I'm sure that the other way would be "wicked" painfull. A Tankini??? Wow, that's wicked too. I want a stomach that looks good in one of those when I raise my arms. Sounds like you found a great deal.

Have a great day all you chicks.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:37 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

For once, I'm up early but I still didn't make it in here before Freaky!

Freaky, I'm glad the tooth problem can have a temporary fix. Too bad your tax refund has to go for the crown but teeth are important. Just watch the folks on Maury and you'll know what I mean!

I cooked too darn many pancakes yesterday and can smell them today despite a shower before bed. I did not eat a single one but did go to the Long Horn at seven for wings. The scale doesn't show any damage this morning and it's Lent now but...... I had planned to have pea soup but it was still not cooked when I got home. I left it on overnight so I may be having pea soup for breakfast.

Lucy is home and settled right back into brattiness. She got the top off the garbage container yesterday and she and Hershey had a ball. It has a lid, I put a heavy cast metal carving on it, push it under the micro stand and put a stool in front of it and she still figures it out. Bungee cords are next! I wonder if you can get a partial lobotomy for smart dogs. JUST KIDDING!

Today I'm going to put the heater on in the sewingroom and finally shorten a pair of pants and jacket that I've had since fall! I am going to Toronto weekend after next and really need to get into city clothes. I hate being short when it comes to clothing.

Woofs and whines are coming from downstairs so I'd better crank up the day. I need to get Lucy's preggie supplements organized so we have perfect puppies on April 30! Dogs are my life! How pathetic is that?

Have a happy Hump Day! I need coffee and will be back later to read yesterday's posts.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/150/129

Default New Fat Chick on the Beach

New month, new goals, newbie!

Hi, I'm Maureen, started on the Beach on 2/7, found this site recently and really enjoy it! I'm an RN, work night shift, married, 2 teenagers Also, Ruth, one very spoiled Dachshund. I had to put my kitchen trash can in the cabinet under the sink b/c no matter what I did, Pepper's nose would get her in that can! She needs a noseobotomy JK!

I lost a bunch of weight 4 years ago, got to goal and held for a couple of years, then backslid and gained 30 back. So I'm starting the Beach and totally plan to be on it for life. Too much heart disease in my fam and my cholesterol, triglycerides, and BP are way too high.

Freaky, I feel your pain with the tooth. I'm glad you don't need a root canal. I have never understood why dental insurance doesn't seem to cover the cost of anything expensive! Thus, I guess, the smiles on Maury. It sounds as if you exercise a lot. How do you get motivated? I've joined the YMCA which is right near my house, and my daughter has agreed to do the yoga classes with me, my son says he'll do treadmill and weights with me--but have I gone? No. And I'm working 12-hour shifts the next 3 nights so it'll be next week before I go.

Enjoying being here!
Old 03-01-2006, 06:28 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Noseobotomy! Good one! I'll check with my vet!
Old 03-01-2006, 06:34 AM   #5  

Mornin' all.

Freaky - Great news about the tooth! I know you'll still have to deal with the crown, but it's better than the root canal alternative. Keep hanging in there with SB. I know you'll get back on track!

Ruth - Even though she's a handful, I'm sure you're glad to have Lucy back. And puppies will be fun to have around for a while.

Maureen - Welcome!

I'm off to Curves this morning, then dropping my car off at the mechanic before work. Cha-ching! Completely fell off the wagon yesterday at work, but got back on track last night. Made spaghetti sauce & spaghetti squash for lunch today. Everyone have a great day!
Old 03-01-2006, 06:38 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Freaky, I'm glad you were able to get a temporary fix on your tooth. You aren't the only one having isssues with eating, I'm right there with you. This week has been good so far, though. I'm determined to keep my nose to the grindstone this time!

Ruth, it sure didn't take Lucy long to get back into routine again, did it! That's good news about more puppies, are you going to keep any? Your pea soup sounds good for breakfast, wish I could share it with you.

Maureennn,

I'm off to Curves, then today's my day to take the girls to school and run errands. Thank goodness the roads are dry this morning, yesterday it was a skating rink out there! I've made myself a SB egg sandwich, (egg on LF WW English muffin) to eat on the run, and I packed some Black Bean soup, raw veggies and hummus for lunch, so my meals are taken care of. I'm just having a big salad with tuna for supper since it's Lent.

Gotta run, take care!
Old 03-01-2006, 06:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

JanaM, quickie Good Morning to you!
Old 03-01-2006, 07:06 AM   #8  

Quick good morning from me!

I shouldn't even be sneaking in to say hello as it will only cause me to run later than usual!!

Let's make this a KICK-BUTT month of weightloss. We can do this!!!!!! For those of us who need to get back on the wagon and those of us who need to fine tune what we are already doing- LET'S DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maureen

Gotta jet- I have 30 minutes to get out the door and am still in my robe! YIKES!!
Old 03-01-2006, 07:24 AM   #9  

Good morning...just trying to figure out a strategy for fasting today. Coming off my sinus infection, the meds make me sick to my stomach so I need to eat when I take the antibiotics.

Freaky...I spent the last 2 weeks where you are...in this out of control free fall of poor eating choices. I had such a good attitude all of January...how do I regain it? I have so many reasons for wanting this weight off. We are joining old friends in FL in 4 weeks, outdoor cycling season will be here in a few weeks (yikes spandex!) and I simply FEEL better in my clothes and just in my body at a lower weight. The health benefits go without saying.

Ruth...cannot get my head around pea soup for breakfast...you must love it. Enjoy.

Welcome Maureen!!!!

Hit me with all your big motivators ladies...I need to hear how others stay the course!
Meg
Old 03-01-2006, 08:00 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

focused and cottage - I feel the same way. It makes me angry that I can't see the forrest for the trees sometimes. I feel sooooo much better when my clothes fit better and I am thinner. I wish all food tasted like dirt and I was hooked up to something electrical that zapped me everytime I went to make poor food choices. I am starting phase one again today and I think if I can make it through the first couple days (fingers crossed) and see the first couple water weight pounds come off, I will be okay. I want this so much.

Jana - thanks for the encouragment...I really needed to hear that.

Maureen - ahhh exercise. I am not one of those people who actually loves to exercise. For me it's more of a love hate relationship. My eating habits have always been poor and I have used the exercise to attempt to counter act those habits. It always blows me away that I exercise as much as I do and as hard as I do and still manage to eat so many more calories per day that I actually gain weight. Yes, I know muscles weigh more than fat but the pants fitting issue doesn't lie. I often wake up and think "oh, I will just sleep in today and skip the exercise". But, I know from experience that if I skip once than I will skip again and than it turns into days or weeks before I get back into it. And, then when I finally do, the exercise is so much harder and I can't do it at the levels I used to. I also like the way my arms and legs look when the muscles are defined. For me, if I don't get up in the morning and do it, I also know that it won't happen later in the day, no matter how many times I have said that I will do it later, it just doesn't happen. In the evening I just don't have the motivation. So morning it is. It's also a nice feeling to know that it's over with - I know - bad attitude - but there it is. It doesn't make sense for me to attempt to go to a gym because I have a five year old and it's to hard to get a sitter or other hassles. For me, having the treadmill in the middle of the livingroom means having no excuse not to do it. I also keep the weights and the step in the livingroom as well. My computer screen saver is a picture of me thinner and looking mean with a capton that says "put down the food and get on the treadmill".
Old 03-01-2006, 08:27 AM   #11  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hey chicks! A quick hi as I have tons to do and am running late this am. I'm down 6 lbs for Feb. Should'be been more but the last few weeks have not been 100% OP, plus it's TOM.

A quick question, is canned fruit packed in juice OP for P2? I know we're not supposed to have the juice but just wondering about just the fruit.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:30 AM   #12  
Mom to 3 Great Kids

Hi everyone!

Well, I had an awful day yesterday, just one thing after another. I had to pay $300 in van repairs on my not even 2 year old van, very frustrating because it wasn't considered warranty work. I have 3 children and I'm having problems with a teacher per child so I was taking care of that yesterday as well. Plus it's that dreaded TOM and I'm all emotional, weepy like which makes it harder for me to keep a level head about things. But I'm happy to report I didn't turn to food to ease it, I thought about it but I realized that I'd only feel worse in the long run.

I'm hoping today will be a much better day.

Freaky - Glad to hear about your tooth, at least you're able to hold out until you have tax refund.

Ruth - Congrats on the puppies! How many do you think she'll have?

Maureen - Welcome to the beach!

Good morning to everyone else! I really need to run, I'm in the middle of billing so I've got a lot to get done this week, especially if I want to not have to come in on Friday.

Tyra
Old 03-01-2006, 08:56 AM   #13  
South Beach Life Style

Good Morning Girls,

Good day yesterday, Op.. feels like another good day for me,

Freaky~ You are more disciplined than you are giving yourself credit for.

Hope everyone is having a great day,
Old 03-01-2006, 08:57 AM   #14  

Just a quick drive by fer me this morn.. I'm running late!
Freaky: glad you dont need a Root canal and that you'll have the $$$ for the crown.

Sil- hope you are feeling better

Batmom! What a BAHGIN!!! I have a tankini, I love it !

everybuddy and Welcome Maureen!

...................................WHOOSH......... .....!!!!!
Old 03-01-2006, 09:00 AM   #15  
GARDENING ADDICT

Maureennn~~ from one RN to another.

Freaky~~ I have some of the same problems as you do. As soon as I see the scale finally start to move downward, my brain starts to say "you are losing weight now so you can afford to eat alittle of that...". Also, since we exercise, our brain thinks that we can burn off that snack. It's kinda like a diabetic who tells their self that they can eat that snack and just up their insulin alittle. It's a hard cycle to break but we can do this.

Ruth~~ I can't believe that the puppies will arrive in April. That's great!!

Meg~~ with your fast.

Kiko~~ Thanks for the suppoort and butt-kick!!

I'm feeling much better today. I have to go in to work for a Charge Nurse meeting this afternoon. Other than that : exercise, tan and maybe wash the car.
Closed Thread