Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-27-2006, 10:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 163/163/140

Exclamation any tips would be super

hi. i gained about 20lbs a few years back due to overeating and drinking. i want to lose this weight in the next 4 months...ive tried for the past few years but i get discouraged easily and tempted by sweets and comfort foods. im a student so i have a weird schedule and no access to gym facilities. i know loads about nutrition and exercising but i tend to be an emotional eater. id love it if anyone could give me a few pointers. i desperately want to be back to my normal weight! thanks!
keepontrekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:07 AM   #2  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Set small goals to start with - maybe no drinking for a week for example...lots of empty calories, there! (I'm not saying quit drinking forever - just be mindful of the fact that there is no nutrition.)

Find a plan that works for you if you need structure. I count calories, but there are any numbers of plans that fits the way you live.

You don't need a gym to exercise, you can use DVD's at home...or just take a walk!

5 pounds a month is doable - that's a pound and 1/4 a week...

chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Gina's right...the alcohol does have a lot of empty calories, and should be the first thing to go for right now. I'm a student as well, and don't have time for a gym, but I've been using a dvd for the past couple of months, along with the treadmill at home (I'm going to a community college right now). I've also been following the South Beach Diet, which is really great! The first two weeks are rough if you've never low-carbed before, but after that, you can add things back in. It's really great...like I said, lol. I started dieting in December of 05, and added cardio in around the end of January, and I'm down 40 pounds. You can do this if you just put your mind to it!!!
kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 01:23 AM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

wooohoo im an emotional eater too. lol. what really helps me im finding is if i make food and eating structured (i use fitday) and it removes the emotional element for me. i still emotionally eat (binge) every now and then, but i work it into my cals!

good luck!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote